190 visa granted today!!! What happens now?

Hello everyone,

So I checked my email today whilst on a school trip and that email we’ve been waiting for was just sitting there! Visa granted!!!!

My question is - what next? I read the email but I thought we’d have to had over our passports for the visa to go in but it mentions nothing about that?

Thank you!

• Like 1

Many congratulations!!! If you're already in Oz you don't need to do anything. If outside then you have a certain time period to enter Oz to validate your visa (12 months from medical or police check whichever is shorter I think but happy to be corrected on this.....). Cheers

1 minute ago, scubacam said:

Thank you!
We are in the UK we have a date by which we have to enter. Just over a year from medical.
But was surprised there’s no information about the visa

The visa is linked electronically to your passport these days. You can check your visa status at VEVO.

8 hours ago, scubacam said:

Hello everyone,

So I checked my email today whilst on a school trip and that email we’ve been waiting for was just sitting there! Visa granted!!!!

My question is - what next? I read the email but I thought we’d have to had over our passports for the visa to go in but it mentions nothing about that?

Thank you!

Wow congratulations. Which state was that and how long did it take from your EOI and visa application ?

Wow congratulations. Which state was that and how long did it take from your EOI and visa application ?

Hi,
NSW
EOI was lodged July 2017
Visa paid 1st January 2018
Medicals requested March 2018
Final submission of paperwork April 2018
Grant today!

Just now, scubacam said:

Hi,
NSW
EOI was lodged July 2017
Visa paid 1st January 2018
Medicals requested March 2018
Final submission of paperwork April 2018
Grant today!

Totally awesome for you... I am awaiting the EOI response and state nomination for Victoria - they have a backlog at the moment and our application for EOI and state nomination went in literally days before they said they wouldn't accept anymore!  So I'm envious of your position.

Well done and good luck with the next stage of this long haul process...

PS how did you stay sane in all the waiting??? Its kind of putting a stop to anything you want to do in your life waiting.... 

Thank you! Best of luck with your wait! Very lucky to have got in before they capped it.
I think having a toddler and full time jobs kept us busy and wondering if it would ever really happen and now having to sell a house and pack up and ship animals etc I wish we had more Time!

7 hours ago, scubacam said:

Thank you!
We are in the UK we have a date by which we have to enter. Just over a year from medical.
But was surprised there’s no information about the visa

Yes, the new grant letters are quite brief and provide little explanation about the visa itself.

The relevant details are on the first page under the headings "Visa duration and travel" and "Visa summary".

As stated by others, the visa is electronically linked to your passport. As such, if you passport details change, you must update the Department.

Yes, the new grant letters are quite brief and provide little explanation about the visa itself.
The relevant details are on the first page under the headings "Visa duration and travel" and "Visa summary".
As stated by others, the visa is electronically linked to your passport. As such, if you passport details change, you must update the Department.

Yes that’s all there but nothing strictly stating the rules and retirements of visa etc

23 minutes ago, scubacam said:

Thank you! Best of luck with your wait! Very lucky to have got in before they capped it.
I think having a toddler and full time jobs kept us busy and wondering if it would ever really happen and now having to sell a house and pack up and ship animals etc I wish we had more Time!

Thank you for sharing ... Okay so we have a very busy and hectic family and work life right now (plus we have not told any family or friends at the moment) only our employers know  - I am with you on the ''keep busy and let it happen'' type attitude!  I really can't imagine what it must be like to now get to the place you are in that you have to sell your property, pack up etc... thing is so many thousands of people do it and it works for them, its like a duck calmly on top of the water and then their feet going mad underneath that no one sees.

I am sure you will have it all under control. sounds like it will be amazing when you do get it all sorted. Happy days Scubacam.... 

Thank you! I was actually in the same boat as you! We didn’t tell my husbands family because we knew they wouldn’t react well, we made a commitment to tell them when we paid for the visa and we did and they are still incredibly upset -now we have to tell them we got accepted [emoji30]
All I can say is be prepared for a wait, get your house ready for selling, sort your loft out (ours is chaos) and don’t buy any more furniture!

7 minutes ago, scubacam said:

Thank you! I was actually in the same boat as you! We didn’t tell my husbands family because we knew they wouldn’t react well, we made a commitment to tell them when we paid for the visa and we did and they are still incredibly upset -now we have to tell them we got accepted emoji30.png
All I can say is be prepared for a wait, get your house ready for selling, sort your loft out (ours is chaos) and don’t buy any more furniture!

Congratulations on your grant! We will be lodging and paying for our application to NSW next week. We have made the exact same commitment as you, we plan to tell my husband's family after we have lodged. (I guess it doesn't seem real until then). I'm really worried about breaking the news to them. I know they will be heart broken! 

Yes they were heartbroken and unfortunately we still get emotional blackmail comments and they made it very clear they won’t visit. Just be prepared for the worst , reassure them that you’ll be back if it doesn’t work and you have to try or you’ll always regret it. I’ve found that giving them ‘arguments’ that they can’t argue against has helped such as Australia being such a new and developing country will provide excellent opportunities for our son, salaries appear to be better , a better work life balance etc.
We now need to tell them it’s been granted and I’m expecting the comments to step up a notch . My MIL looks after our son two days a week so it’s very hard for her.
My parents are very supportive so that helps!

We paid for our visa in 1st January 2018 , medicals were April 2018. Visa grant last week
. We put in EOI in June 2017
It tooks 5 months in your case...its quite a long tym, the wait really killing me.
Its being only 50 days since applied 190 visa...they ask some documents 2 weeks back and same provided within 4 days..but 28 days timelapse its too much.now i would know about anything atleast after 28 days...uuuff

• 2 months later...
On 05/06/2018 at 22:48, scubacam said:

Thank you! I was actually in the same boat as you! We didn’t tell my husbands family because we knew they wouldn’t react well, we made a commitment to tell them when we paid for the visa and we did and they are still incredibly upset -now we have to tell them we got accepted emoji30.png

Just reading through some older threads and remembered this conversation. 

How are you ? 

Since then I received my invitation to apply and state nomination from Victoria. Agent got all the docs together, I did the form 80's as well and today I paid the big one and the visa was lodged. Oh goodness now I wait again. But very good to know if it ends up being quite straight forward then it will hopefully be within the 6-9 months they suggest. Yours was 5 months lucky,

• 1 month later...
It tooks 5 months in your case...its quite a long tym, the wait really killing me.
Its being only 50 days since applied 190 visa...they ask some documents 2 weeks back and same provided within 4 days..but 28 days timelapse its too much.now i would know about anything atleast after 28 days...uuuff

Hey amey, what sort of documents they asked for? Have you got your grant?