Temp accommodation when you first land

SUPERSTARDJ01

We stayed in a cabin on a caravan site for the first 3 weeks until we secured a rental . it’s not for everyone but it worked for us , we were a family of 2 adults and 3 kids , we didn’t know anyone , no jobs , no idea of which suburb to live in , furniture in transit to Brisbane with no forwarding address . We arrived on the Gold Coast after having doing our reccie on the Sunshine Coast but changed location due to job opportunities . We secured our  temp accomodation after finding it on line after a recommendation from this site and after ringing direct they assured us that we could extend our stay if we needed it . I’ve heard of many family’s using this same approach successfully also 

Loads of places to choose from: hotels, motels, short-term business apartments, caravan parks, backpacker hostels, and so on. We booked into a cheap motel style place. This was in the days before the internet. I found the information in the Lonely Planet Backpacking Guide to Australia, and rang them up. I explained that I was moving to Sydney and would need some short term accommodation whilst looking for a more permanent place to live. If I can do it with just a book, well the possibilities are endless with the internet. Actually they gave us a good weekly discount when we said we would be staying for six weeks. Ended up staying for three months. A cabin in a caravan park is a very good idea too.

Edited by Tootsie
  • Like 1