Considering a move to WA from VIC

Octopus

Hi All,

We are considering a move from VIC to WA, been in VIC for several years now and like the Auzzie lifestyle (adjusted most days!) hubby has been FIFO for nearly 3 years which is not a problem to me but flights remove a couple of days off and were ready for our original adventure.  Could anyone give me any info on Albany please?   We are a family of four, hubby, myself, 21 y/o son requiring a TAFE and a 13 y/o daughter.

Thanks

It's a pretty quiet town. Is there a particular reason you're considering Albany? It's 5 hours drive from Perth and a lot cooler, not somewhere I'd consider but if you like the fishing, camping, boating lifestyle it might be OK. I would think employment options would be pretty limited.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We lived in Melbourne and moved over to WA for the same reason, OH a FIFO worker and was losing too much time travelling.  Albany and Esperance are a long way from Perth Airport, not good for coming off a 4 week swing and having to drive another 7 hours!  I would definately stay further up.

• Like 1

My son is doing fifo from Yancheng to Karratha nd has decided that a change would be good, so he and family will rent at Coral Bay, or Exmouth, after selling their house.  The drive from Coral Bay/Exmouth to his worksite is 5 hours.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your responses, sorry for late reply.  We have all been over for a holiday and rec. and decided north of Perth.  We will be looking at the Butler area to rent at the end of November.  Rents seem similar to Vic.  Schools also seem similar to here, so anything I need to know in particular?  Thanks again.  Leila

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made the move over to WA from vic in 2005 best thing I ever did been living in Jane Brook in Perth for 6 years now, lovely and quiet only 20 mins from the city. Seems to be a lot of English people living around Yancheng area close to ocean not too far out of city. All the best with your move you’ll wonder why it took you so long once you’ve settled in.