Let's Go Global Migration company

Didn't want to read and run!

We're at the beginning of our journey too also 190. We're not engaging an agent (at the moment anyway). I've found there is a wealth of knowledge on here (our application is relatively straight forward - 2 adults, 2 children) most questions or queries I've had have been answered. 

There are lots of MARA registered agents - have you got several quotes?

Thank you for your reply. 

We have looked around and enquired with other companies. This one seemed the best, not because of price but because of the way they approached us and the manner of their staff. 

We thought about doing it ourselves but think it’s safer to use a company to get through skills assessment.  

Never heard on 'Lets Go' or seen them mentioned on the forum before. Looking at the website it seems hard to work out who they are / where they are?

Couldn't see a business/company registration number anywhere, no contact address, the domain registation details are hidden etc.

Says "We work with a select number of MARA Consultants in Australia matching the right agents & lawyers to your unique circumstances on a case by case basis. We don not work with any affiliated third parties" but doesn't tell you which agents they use etc  (Alexander James is presumably not the MARA agent as there doesn't appear to a MARA registered agent by that name - https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/?location=&keyword=)

Guest The Pom Queen

Personally I would NOT give my money to any company that couldn’t tell me their MARA number, and the domain name is hidden, with no business details either, you may as well hand over your money to a Nigerian Prince ?. Over the years we have seen so many people lose money to people like this but you seem to have your mind set on them so either you know them personally or are willing to risk losing everything if they do turn out to be a fly by night. Either way good luck.

Guest The Pom Queen
32 minutes ago, horsemad1976 said:

We're at the beginning of our journey too also 190. We're not engaging an agent (at the moment anyway). I've found there is a wealth of knowledge on here (our application is relatively straight forward - 2 adults, 2 children) most questions or queries I've had have been answered. 

Good luck with everything @horsemad1976 

Guest The Pom Queen
15 minutes ago, horsemad1976 said:

Thank You @The Pom Queen :) It's very exciting!!

Where are you hoping to head to? We started in Victoria then Far North Qld and now an hour 20 outside of Brisbane 

6 hours ago, horsemad1976 said:

Just be aware that there are over - 2000 changes to immi laws every year. The official web site maybe publishes 5. If you fail, the department will just say you should have consulted an agent. 

1 minute ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Just be aware that there are over - 2000 changes to immi laws every year. The official web site maybe publishes 5. If you fail, the department will just say you should have consulted an agent. 

Thanks - solid advice. We may very well end up engaging with an agent yet. At this preliminary stage we decided we could manage :) 

Guest The Pom Queen
20 hours ago, Ashleightaylor said:

We were going to use lets go global, but read that article by the mirror and put us right off to be honest. And as mentioned above, they don't have a MARA number on their website which seems a bit dodgy.

Where are you hoping to settle? :) 

A member just pointed out this to me as well. https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/lets-go-global-scam-criminals-c809758.html

3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Thank you for this. The information being put forward is worrying isn’t it and also the lack of definitive answers when our concerns were raised with them. They claim they do use MARA agents but did not give me any evidence. Regarding the wrong information .... this is being updated at this very moment ? hmmmmm

1 minute ago, mattemily said:

Thank you for this. The information being put forward is worrying isn’t it and also the lack of definitive answers when our concerns were raised with them. They claim they do use MARA agents but did not give me any evidence. Regarding the wrong information .... this is being updated at this very moment ? hmmmmm

The SOL and CSOL info should have been updated many many months ago. 

Many companies like this will claim they have MARA agents, when what they actually do is just have one 'on call', not working for the company, just someone they pay on an ad-hoc basis. A MARA number cannot be held by an agency, only by an individual, so ask them for the name of the MARA registered agent who is actually going to be working on the application - I bet they won't reply.

There are lots of registered agents recommended on the forum, use one of those instead.

• Like 1