paper application?????

Guest X-Ray Babe

OH NO petra & dave your not another paper app are u? & having an agent would've thought they'd all given up with the paper thing & do them all online now as there is deffo a HUGE difference in timescales see mine & others are still waiting from last oct (poor things) hope u are online & are just offering encouragement if so thanks & if not your welcome to join us in waiting lol

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Petra & Dave

Hi Stillhere

yes we are paper based :cry: have had a moan at agent but they have done a fantastic job up to now so cant moan to much

Dave

Guest Bag End Bunch
hey that sounds like a grand idea but i think aspc must be a registered charity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as they take your money & then no one REALLY knows where it goes or wot they do with it lmao

its getting ridiculous now just noticed your timeline do you think there'll make u renew meds or u going as soon as u get the nod?

i have heard of them extending the validation time which i think should be done for all paper apps as when i recieved my acknowledgement there was a big bit about front loading meds/pc's & how it will SPEED the process up god only knows how long it takes if you dont front load!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you're right - we've been told by DIAC and our agent that the CO has the option to extend the validation date if meds etc have run out. But we obviously want to go before then - don't want anything extended anymore we just want to start our new life!

We saw that bit on the ack letter about speeding things up if you front load so that's what we did. It hasn't seemed to have made any difference for us at all :arghh:. It could be a real rush for us when the visa does eventually come through but I'd rather be in a flap rushing around trying to get things sorted than what I am at the moment which is fed up and de-motivated while I wait, wait, wait.

Guest Bag End Bunch
Guys................guess what! Just after Rob left the house to go into the wilds of north wales we received an email from..........DIAC!!!!!!! My hands were shaking, my body was quivering as I clicked onto the email........we've got a CO. I cant believe it i'm still shocked. Rob doesnt know yet, his mobile is switched off!!!! Rob will post tonight probably saying how to grab the attention of the bar attender whilst trying to serve another 50 customers!!!!

Another thing Rob doesnt know about is............theres something we missed!!! Oh stillhere if only you had been our Agent we would have probably got our Visa today. I cant say what it is but it's been staring us right in the face.

Ani

Congratulations!!

Really pleased for you - what a relief to know you are actually getting somewhere even if it's not quite the visa yet!

Hope you hear from your CO really soon and add whatever it was that you missed! (Can you tell we're all so nosey and want to know what it is!!! :spinny:)

Alex

Yes you're right - we've been told by DIAC and our agent that the CO has the option to extend the validation date if meds etc have run out. But we obviously want to go before then - don't want anything extended anymore we just want to start our new life!

We saw that bit on the ack letter about speeding things up if you front load so that's what we did. It hasn't seemed to have made any difference for us at all :arghh:. It could be a real rush for us when the visa does eventually come through but I'd rather be in a flap rushing around trying to get things sorted than what I am at the moment which is fed up and de-motivated while I wait, wait, wait.

yep us too would much rather rush & get over there than sit about waiting AGAIN we're still not too bad but pc's are dated jan so starting to wonder if we should renew no agent so asked diac & was told no only send info ONCE & co's will process asap lmao that was nearly 2 months ago now soooooooooo thought we'd have it by now the funny thing is when we were applying online visa's were being granted rapid within 2/3 months some of them & we had a 3 month trip booked 4 jan so thought it would be to QUICK OMG how wrong was I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest annemarie and brian

congratulations on your case officer,

Its about time i heard of som good news about paperbase applications,

we applied feb 8th 08 still heard nothing.

hi all just thought i'd bump the list up a few new names poping up so here it is guys

STILL WAITING :cry:

SEPT adamchippie,

OCT the andrews 26th oct,

andy,tina,luke&georgie oct,

NOV mildred 1st nov,

gaztin 8th nov,

bagendbunch 13th nov,

rajag 14th nov,

Liz 27th nov,

DEC tillymint dec,

stillhere 5th dec,

deepaa 8th dec,

bailey 14th dec,

rob&ani 31st dec,

JAN lou08 jan,

tomlinsons 7th jan,

FEB em&paul feb,

xray-babe feb,

annemarie & brian 8th feb

the brammies 12th feb,

MAR no-one??????????

APR bshootz apr,

megmor 1st apr,

jaq4chop 24th apr

AUG petra & dave 28th aug

GOT IT :jiggy:

SEPT caza75 1/08/08

2nd OCT shellynelly 14/08/08

5th OCT macfarlanesd 31/07/08

8th OCT ninjanicky 19/08/08

11th OCT 7gotooz 8/07/08

18th OCT moose 30/7/08

16th NOV shellj 11/09/08

ok so added annemarie & brian to feb list & petra & dave to aug 08 hi guys join the club didnt think anyone was still using paper apps but the more the merrier here

the BIG news this week sorry no grants to report but ani & rob from dec have a co whoohoo hope this is the start of movement really how much longer can it be for some

Guest annemarie and brian

Hi stillthere,

Thanks for adding us to the list.

As they say no news is good news hopefully for the others that

applied before us get some soon i think you all deserve it,

keeping our fingers crossed.

Guest andy,tina,lukeandgeorgie

hi stillhere,sorry but nothing to report another week gone another week closer lol!!!!!!!!! glad to see rob&ani have got a co here's hoping for the rest of us

:spinny: Thanks everyone for your Congratulations. Shame Rob isnt here to join in the fun. He's still stuck in North Wales, wont be home for a couple of hours yet!!!! I've mentioned to Stillhere how :embarrassed: (oohh that means embarrassed) I am to know there's something we failed to pick up on with regards the application. If only, aghhhhh if only we had realised.......we could have been sat here now with our Visa.

Sorry you'll have to wait a tad longer before I can divulge more!!!

Ani X

We're 9 months into our paper based 175 visa application & we've got a CO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did we get one? Well, either by option a) or b) below:-

a) - ASPC are hopefully speeding up the process of allocating CO's to 9 to 12 month paper visa applicants. So, it could have been just a natural timeline. And, so there is great hope for us all!!! or

b) We just attracted enough attention to ASPC to prompt them into responding to us. It's like trying to get served in a bar by one barman with 50 customers.

Anyway, this is what we did.

We went to Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship then hit, General Skilled Migration Post - Lodgement Enquiry Form. We filled in our details, including our visa application acknowledgement file number (this is a must). Then, we clicked on "other" and then sent our message/plea for a CO.

And, then this is what we sent to ASPC:-

Hi,

Could you please help us?

My family and I lodged a paper based 175 visa application on 31/12/07 (no agent). Blah Blah Blah Blah, etc... etc etc...., so, please, could we have a Case Officer?

Best Regards

We sent the message on 11/9/08 - had a reply on the 17/9/08 saying "your enquiry has been referred to the Manager of the area processing your application. They will follow up and have an officer reply to you. Please allow 10 working days". Two days later attained a CO on 19/9/08. Sending the above might have triggered something at ASPC - but we will never know. Anyway:-

Wonderful, great, brilliant, over the moon, amazing!!!!!

However, one slight error though - we (i.e. me/Rob) had not done the IELTS test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twit, stupid plonker, idiot, git - me thinks I am - big time!!!!!!

We could have got our visa today!!!! But, no I (Rob) have to arrange, do and get an IELTS qualification. That is; another possible month for a wait on a visa decision!!!! I caan speeks and rite firfically gode englush - wats the bluudy prooblim!!!

Hope this elps!!!

Rob & Ani

ya lucky buggers lol so IT WAS kinda a compaint all be it a very polite complaint that did it i sent online enquiry back in july was just told no co yet not sure i'm brave enough to send another might just think i'm pestering & ignore us nooooooooooooooooooooo couldnt bear that! i'm hoping its just the time for co's now for the december lot fingers crossed BIG TIME can the nov apps please tell me if you know of your co have u all got 1??????????????????????????/like i say really pleased for ya get studying rob lol sure you'll be fine & thanks 4 letting me & everyone else know what they wanted & how you found out cant be long heres hoping for a brill week for everyone waiting

ya lucky buggers lol so IT WAS kinda a compaint all be it a very polite complaint that did it i sent online enquiry back in july was just told no co yet not sure i'm brave enough to send another might just think i'm pestering & ignore us nooooooooooooooooooooo couldnt bear that! i'm hoping its just the time for co's now for the december lot fingers crossed BIG TIME can the nov apps please tell me if you know of your co have u all got 1??????????????????????????/like i say really pleased for ya get studying rob lol sure you'll be fine & thanks 4 letting me & everyone else know what they wanted & how you found out cant be long heres hoping for a brill week for everyone waiting

We're still waiting from November not heard a dicky bird, asked my agent to contact DIAC to tell them thay my OH has an interview lined up in Oz for October and that I'm worried that they may get fed up of waiting for him and since this is the only company in the area we plan to live that OH could carry on his trade would you be so kind as to give us our visa. That was on Tuesday not heard anything since. Had a horrible day today emotions got the better of me I'm sure everyones had days like this. Fingers crossed we hear something next week, can't stand this any more.

Guest X-Ray Babe

Hi Liz,

It must be really bad for you, waiting nearly a year!

I know how you feel.

I am am an adult with a family of my own, but some days i

just cry because I have not seen my mum for nearly a year and my children have not seen their nan and auntie! My OH does not understand me and is now getting really cross. He has had enough and just thinks that if they dont want us with what we have to offer they can sod off!!!!!

I complained last week by post and when I say complain I really mean complain and not beg!!!!!!

Rachel

Hi Liz,

It must be really bad for you, waiting nearly a year!

I know how you feel.

I am am an adult with a family of my own, but some days i

just cry because I have not seen my mum for nearly a year and my children have not seen their nan and auntie! My OH does not understand me and is now getting really cross. He has had enough and just thinks that if they dont want us with what we have to offer they can sod off!!!!!

I complained last week by post and when I say complain I really mean complain and not beg!!!!!!

Rachel

Thanks Rachel

Good luck with the complaint, it must be really hard for you with your family being over in Oz, my brother and family (my best friends) went over three weeks ago so I think thats making things a whole lot worse for me, we were suppposed to be doing it all together but they got their visa really quickly. We've got to try and keep our chins up but sometimes it gets the better of you. Here's hoping for an emotion free day tomorrow.

Liz

Guest andy,tina,lukeandgeorgie

us november 07,agent mailed an info request to DIAC a fortnight ago and was told to expect a visa grant within 8 weeks!! heres hoping.

Hi, everyone, hope you all had a good weekend, what with the SUN!!!! Mangaged to take kids to the beach and relax, but still feel a little guilty that we've got a CO ahead of others. Really hope some of you have heard from 'immi'.

We are off to Exeter for Rob to take the IELTS Test next Saturday. Couldnt get a place until Nov in Aberystwyth or anywhere else for that matter!!!!! Cant wait that long!

Really feeling for everyone in this waiting game, but i've found being able to talk to others about the same concerns has really, really helped on PIO. We cant talk to the rest of the family (probably like most) as they dont want us to go. And others who have got family already out there, keep positive, it will happen soooooon. This thread has been a bit of a life line and Rob & I thank X-Ray Babe for starting it, who I think is really feeling the pressure at the mo.

Rob&Ani x

Guest Tomlinsons

Hi Rob and Ani, congratulations and good luck to Rob next week, we are one week behind you applied 7th Jan so never know fingers crossed we may here this week! Jo

Archived