Must do things in Sydney

Mcguinnessp1968

Take a walk along Darling Harbour and up to Barangaroo Reserve.

Walking through the Botanic Gardens, up to Mrs Macquaries chair and round to the opera house is lovely.

Head out to Bondi Beach, some people might say it's too touristy but we love to just walk along the parade and down to the beach. It is still a pretty awesome beach.

The Opera Bar (just outside the Opera House) is a pretty cool place to have a drink and take in the harbour - though maybe only for one as it's not cheap! If, like my husband, you're in search of a 'proper' english beer we would recommend The Duke of Clarence which has just opened and is styled just like an English pub, complete with 'ungassy' beer! xD

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RavenBlue said:

Take a walk along Darling Harbour and up to Barangaroo Reserve.

Walking through the Botanic Gardens, up to Mrs Macquaries chair and round to the opera house is lovely.

Head out to Bondi Beach, some people might say it's too touristy but we love to just walk along the parade and down to the beach. It is still a pretty awesome beach.

The Opera Bar (just outside the Opera House) is a pretty cool place to have a drink and take in the harbour - though maybe only for one as it's not cheap! If, like my husband, you're in search of a 'proper' english beer we would recommend The Duke of Clarence which has just opened and is styled just like an English pub, complete with 'ungassy' beer! xD

Thanks for the recommendation for The Duke of Clarence, it's run by a member of my family, plus The Barber Shop bar.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ramot said:

Thanks for the recommendation for The Duke of Clarence, it's run by a member of my family, plus The Barber Shop bar.

My husband says his compliments to your family! He's searched high and low for what he'd consider proper English beer and The Duke is the only place he's found! :)

12 hours ago, ramot said:

The Duke Of Clarence is just around the corner from where I used to work.  My Sydney son highly approves of it!  He took my OH there the last time OH was in Sydney a couple of weeks ago.  I think it had just opened.  OH very impressed.

http://thedukeofclarence.com/

That is so lovely to hear good reports, he has sourced almost everything from UK and it has a really great pub feel. We were there just before Christmas and my daughter laughed at me, there I was sitting at the bar and chatting away to all and sundry, just as you would back in the UK. 

ps to the original poster they serve Guinness 

Edited by ramot