Moving from Perth to Kalgoorlie

Marie Pulma

My husband is working in Kalgoorlie. Me and our kids is here at Perth. I am working in a Hotel here at Perth as housekeeper and have another job. My son 18 is working at Mc donalds. My husband wants us to move on kalgoorlie to stay there with him I dont like because I dont like to loose my job. Even my daughter dont want to move as well. Can you please give me ideas which place is better to live perth or kalgoorlie? Is it good place for my kids. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Marie Pulma said:

My husband is working in Kalgoorlie. Me and our kids is here at Perth. I am working in a Hotel here at Perth as housekeeper and have another job. My son 18 is working at Mc donalds. My husband wants us to move on kalgoorlie to stay there with him I dont like because I dont like to loose my job. Even my daughter dont want to move as well. Can you please give me ideas which place is better to live perth or kalgoorlie? Is it good place for my kids. Thank you

Have you been to Kalgoorlie?  Best to check it out for yourself.  Go for a visit then make your mind up where you would rather live.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marie Pulma said:

Id like to have an idea if its easy to find job there. If school is good. If life is okay there whats the difference to Perth. Im sorry my english is not good. Im so desperate I dont know what to do because my husband is forcing my kids. Our marriage is not in good term now. 

Maybe  someone who knows Kalgoorlie will reply to your query.  I've visited the place when we lived in Perth and I couldn't live there.  Far too hot for a start and a bit on the rough side.  Hope things work out  for you wherever you decide to live.  What do your children think of moving there?

• Like 1

Nobody can really tell you the best thing to do. Is the job opportunity an improvement on your husbands present position? Is it worth persevering for a short time?  Have you been there? It is remote. It is quite outback in locality. It can be rough, in the Aussie style. I have heard it has improved over the years with even a bit of 'class; in places. Not sure to be honest. Not a place I would move to  but I'm sure our situations differ.

There's a lot to consider. If you don't find work there, will your economic situation be better than present? Are there members of your ethnic community and language group present there?

I decided to end up my marriage when me and kids arrived here in Perth. I talk to my kids its difficult but later on I feel theyve accepted it already. My decision is the hardest part but I have to be strong. God is good I got a job. My husband and I dont talk in the house when we do we end up fighting. He is paying the rent and me paying the electric water and internet bills buying food for us and paying the school he is not sending anything for school as he need to move in kalgoorlie a year ago because theres a problem with his company w/ regards to our sponsorship. 

He wants the kids to move there with him He is not asking me to go but he said if I dont like there I stay and pay for my own rent and He will take the kids.we had a big fight as I said I will not allow him to take them. My son just turned 18 I said I will allow my son if he like but He cant take my daughter as she is only 13 and still needs me. She doesnt want to go with his father but of course she dont want to be separated with her brother and I dont like also. 

If I go with them because Im thinking of my children I will loose my job. My son will loose his job so we will be dependent again to my husband. He dont give money to me anymore and I know when we start life there and I dont have a job she will again force me to find work and help with the bills and to have money on my own. 

My daughter said sHe dont want to go but his thinking of his brother shes crying we are both crying I said I really cant give up my job here and she should stay with me its hard though but I’ll do everything to provide our needs pay our rent and buy our food. 

Im crying day and night. Ive been thru a lot of heartaches with my husband and his family and I can no longer follow his religion. 

I think if I can tell my kids the situation in kalgoorlie for them to know its much better to stay here in Perth they have reasons to their father.

I said if he will force my daughter I will call the police. He decided to take them this coming february.. 

Toots Thank you. No Im not telling to my family in my country. I dont want them to worry. I am not telling friends here coz I feel it wont help.

AJ. Yes we are in a 457 visa. We are not yet separated. He have to live in kalgoorlie because his job is there and that company can sponsor us for PR. 

1 minute ago, Marie Pulma said:

Toots Thank you. No Im not telling to my family in my country. I dont want them to worry. I am not telling friends here coz I feel it wont help.

AJ. Yes we are in a 457 visa. We are not yet separated. He have to live in kalgoorlie because his job is there and that company can sponsor us for PR. 

Just be very careful with regard to your visa.  You did say in an earlier post that you decided to end your marriage.

.......perhaps getting some information about life in Kalgoorlie would help you decide

.........the stress of looking for work

.........changing towns

.........makes family life hard

.........below is a link to schools

........google the towns amenities ....

.........and look on seek.com for work for you and your son

..........when you have a better idea of what could be

..........it will hopefully reduce your stress 

..........the best of luck to you and yours

https://www.goodschools.com.au/compare-schools/search?keywords=Kalgoorlie+

Edited by Tink
.......spelling..!

5 minutes ago, Marie Pulma said:

Tink thank you. I will check on it. 

AJ we are still together but we are like not sleeping together anymore. No husband and wife relationship anymore. Can you please give me idea Aj if He will do something bad to me physically how it would affect our visa. Thank you

If you are not to be living as man and wife, on a 457 visa, living apart, how do you reflect on your entitlement to remain in Australia?

I think you need to speak to a counsellor from a migrant women's centre, or similar - in your own language so that you can talk freely.   There are two important issues here - the living arrangements of your children and your own situation as a separated woman,   and the impact  of these on your visa rights and responsibilities.    

From doing a search on the web it wasn't clear to me which would be the most appropriate place in Perth for you to contact.   If you don't already have links with a Migrant Resource Centre,  I would suggest having a talk to your doctor and asking them to refer you to the best support service.

• Like 1

Others have given good advice. You do need to be careful with regards to your visa. It is temporary and I am not sure what rights you or your daughter have if you and your husband have separated. Same for your son. You would be wise to seek advice on your rights and theirs and any possible impact to your visa. 

This sounds like a horrible situation. Just on the Perth, Kalgoorlie move though. Perth is a nice City with everything you could want close by.

Good beaches, safe suburbs (mostly) and a great place to live for family life. You can do so much for free that you don't have to be well off to have a good lifestyle.

Kalgoorlie is 600km inland, surrounded by deserts and miles of dust and scrub, the town seems old fashioned and rough and has a feel of the Wild West you used to see on TV westerns.

Despite that housing is not cheap as there are some well paid jobs in the mines.

I couldn't live there as a single bloke, let alone think of taking the family.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pura Vida said:

I believe it has improved though and have met migrants, whom claimed to like it . But no real idea about modern Kal, and I would agree with Paul, err on caution. I think it is good advise to seek out a migrant councillor. At least sort out the legalities.

A registered migration agent might be better.......