187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

On 11/07/2018 at 23:28, mim516 said:

Hi,

Allocated Case Officer today.

CO ask for Medical(Which is expired), Overseas Pc for my wife,Evidence of relationship

My timeline:

Nomination Applied : November 2016

Visa Applied : November 2016

RCB Approved : January 2017 and then a lonnnnggggg wait, finally

Nomination Approved : Today 

Position : Cook

Subclass : 187 DE

State : NSW

Hi

What was the waiting time for your rcb?how long did it take to approve your rcb

On 11/07/2018 at 23:28, mim516 said:

Hi,

Allocated Case Officer today.

CO ask for Medical(Which is expired), Overseas Pc for my wife,Evidence of relationship

My timeline:

Nomination Applied : November 2016

Visa Applied : November 2016

RCB Approved : January 2017 and then a lonnnnggggg wait, finally

Nomination Approved : Today 

Position : Cook

Subclass : 187 DE

State : NSW

Hi

How long did it take to approve your rcb?

On 24/07/2018 at 13:57, Legend said:

Thanks mate!! I understand what you want to say. But my situation is my owner is selling the business, not the company. The new owner may change the business name and put the business under his company name. But my owner assured me that they not gonna close the company and ABN as well. Can you please enlighten me according to this situation .

Thanks

Hi Legend, 

Simple, if the ABN and Business name doesn't change. not effect/impact on application. The business name and ABN on your initial application. However, if either one change then good luck.

you can see or immi can see online whether ABN or business is active or  not. 

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could clearly declare that it is possible to leave the workplace for which you received the nomination after 2 years from the commencement of the full time contract and not from the 187 visa granted. 

Example:

- Applying for nomination and visa (187 DE onshore) with contract full time on the 1st of June 2016. Nomination and visa granted after 22 months on the 1st of April 2018. When is it possible to leave the workplace, on the 1st of June 2018 or on the 1st of April 2020? 

According to the MIGRATION LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (INTEGRITY OF REGIONAL MIGRATION SCHEMES) BILL 2000, 

The Minister may only cancel a person’s visa under new subsection 137Q(2) if:

-       the Minister is satisfied that:

-       the person commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination; and

-       the employment terminated within the required employment period of 2 years starting on the day the person commenced that employment; and

-       the person does not satisfy the Minister that he or she has made a genuine effort to be engaged in that employment for the required employment period.

According to the legislation it seems that it is possible to leave the workplace after 2 years starting on the 1st of June 2016 in this case. 

Anyone went through this kind of debate? Attached is the legislation.

Thank you for your answers guys, really appreciated. 

137Q.rtf

4 hours ago, 187 DE said:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could clearly declare that it is possible to leave the workplace for which you received the nomination after 2 years from the commencement of the full time contract and not from the 187 visa granted. 

Example:

- Applying for nomination and visa (187 DE onshore) with contract full time on the 1st of June 2016. Nomination and visa granted after 22 months on the 1st of April 2018. When is it possible to leave the workplace, on the 1st of June 2018 or on the 1st of April 2020? 

According to the MIGRATION LEGISLATION AMENDMENT (INTEGRITY OF REGIONAL MIGRATION SCHEMES) BILL 2000, 

The Minister may only cancel a person’s visa under new subsection 137Q(2) if:

-       the Minister is satisfied that:

-       the person commenced the employment referred to in the relevant employer nomination; and

-       the employment terminated within the required employment period of 2 years starting on the day the person commenced that employment; and

-       the person does not satisfy the Minister that he or she has made a genuine effort to be engaged in that employment for the required employment period.

According to the legislation it seems that it is possible to leave the workplace after 2 years starting on the 1st of June 2016 in this case. 

Anyone went through this kind of debate? Attached is the legislation.

Thank you for your answers guys, really appreciated. 

137Q.rtf

https://www.myaccessaustralia.com/rsms-visa-leave-employer/

3 hours ago, Rajat Babbar said:
11 hours ago, SamH said:
Nomination approved today and requested more information 
updated police checks
updated medical 
work experience 
visa and nomination submitted 05/11/2016

Can you tell how long it took for your nominations case opening and getting results

Submitted nomination same time as visa in October 2016. Approved yesterday and updated  docs requested for visa yesterday 

• Like 1

On 23/07/2018 at 10:17, R122 said:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone that applied mid 2017 has had any luck so far? Occupation- accountant.

Thanks 

On 24/07/2018 at 00:42, Kvv said:

Applied june 2017 , occupation Accomodation and Hospitality manager nec , haven't heard anything yet!!

There have been approvals, make sure your application is case ready. 

Medicals, update police clearances if they older than one year. 

Make sure company financials are current and up to date. 

Make sure you attach your payslips to the nomination it’s a KEY to show you employed and being paid what the nomination states. 

Good luck. 

2 hours ago, RButt said:

Hi 

Can anybody guide me about NTCC training. One of mine friend get refusial bcz his employer was not aware about this so he didn’t pay for NTCC training.

is this must required now days for 187 visas?

Hi

when did yiur friend applied? Please share the timeline.

thnks

The NTCC came into effect in March 2018 to replace the Training benchmark. The training benchmark applies to the followig visas: old 457; 186 ; 187 (TTS) but not the 187 (direct entry)..

So basically if you applied for a 187 (DE) before the changes in March 2018 your employer isnt forced to prove the training expenses he made on his Australians and PR workers. 

Thats my understanding of it but I can be wrong after all.

Hope it makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Direct Entry stream nomination requirements

You may be able to nominate a skilled worker for this visa under this stream if you:

For information about the Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) levy requirement, see Employer Sponsored Skilled visas - Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) levy.

• actively and lawfully operate a business in Australia
  • will be nominating the worker for a position in your business
  • have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position
  • offer a skilled position that is full-time and ongoing for at least two years, with no express exclusion included in the employment contract of this period being extended in future
  • meet the Salary and employment condition requirements Salary and employment condition requirements and have the capacity to pay the worker at least the annual market salary rate for two years
  • wish to fill a position that is an occupation listed for the relevant visa program (for example, a subclass 186 or 187 visa) on the list of eligible skilled occupations.

Additional requirements for ENS nominations only

If you are nominating a skilled worker for a subclass 186 visa, you should also meet the following for your nomination to be approved:

• the tasks to be performed must correspond to the tasks of the nominated occupation as outlined in ANZSCO
  • you must have met the requirements for training Australian citizens and permanent residents specified in a legislative instrument
  • if your business has been trading in Australia for more than 12 months, you must show you have contributed to the training of Australians. You must meet one of two benchmarks:      
    • Training benchmark A: recent expenditure equal to at least 2 per cent of the payroll of the business in payments allocated to an industry training fund that operates in the same industry as the business.
    • Training benchmark B: recent expenditure equal to at least 1 per cent of the payroll of the business, in the provision of training to employees of the business. The expenditure must be expenditure that can count towards the benchmark.
  • if your business has been operating for less than 12 months, you must demonstrate that you have an auditable plan to meet this training benchmark.

Additional requirements for RSMS nominations only

If you are nominating a skilled worker for a subclass 187 visa, you should also meet the following for your nomination to be approved:

• the position must not be able to be filled by an Australian citizen or permanent resident who lives in, or would move to, the area
  • the tasks to be performed must correspond to the tasks of the nominated occupation as outlined in ANZSCO
  • a Regional Certifying Body (RCB) specified in a legislative instrument has provided advice to the Department regarding specified matters (e.g. market salary rates and genuine need).

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/187-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/186/employers-direct-entry-stream.aspx

2 hours ago, Bijaya Khadka said:

it shouldn't take more thank 3 weeks.. as me and my wife got in 2 weeks....

Thanks Bijaya,

I applied for myself on 18 and for the wife, on 19 i got my wife on 26 but haven't received mine. 

So i should expect in next week. 

Thank you