187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

6 hours ago, dodziu said:

I got this info from MA in Darwin

"Our Director and Principal Migration Agent, Manuela Seiberth, attended the information session delivered by the Department of Home Affairs in Brisbane today. Departmental staff gave updates about the new Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS, previous 457) as well as 186 and 187 Visas and the changes in March 2018. Some of the facts that have been alarming is the high refusal rate of 187 RSMS Visas. There has been an increase from 13% in 2016 to 50% of visa applications being refused in 2018!! Stay tuned for more details about the upcoming changes!! "

Oh no, have no idea what's going on there... Thanks for the sharing mate

21 hours ago, dodziu said:

"Our Director and Principal Migration Agent, Manuela Seiberth, attended the information session delivered by the Department of Home Affairs in Brisbane today. Departmental staff gave updates about the new Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS, previous 457) as well as 186 and 187 Visas and the changes in March 2018. Some of the facts that have been alarming is the high refusal rate of 187 RSMS Visas. There has been an increase from 13% in 2016 to 50% of visa applications being refused in 2018!! Stay tuned for more details about the upcoming changes!! "

this is not promising at all :( 

On 2/10/2018 at 14:44, Eelo said:

Hey everybody,

I have been reading this thread for a long time now and thought I could add my own stone to that big wall of waiting.

I've applied for a 187 as restaurant manager on the 5th of August 2016, my nomination was approved almost instantly but my visa has not been processed since then. I reached the 18 months of waiting time some days ago and it feels really desperate at times.

I lodged my application in WA, I have been working at that place since July 2016, and have been hoping for an answer from the immigration since March 2017.

It helps somehow to know I am not the only one in this situation, but it also frustates me to have been in that position for so long now.

So good luck to everybody here, waiting as well.

If I had to think of one lesson taught through that process, that would be to stay patient for what you are longing for.

yeah thats true , I applied same as R.M. in Oct 2016 still waiting for visa to be approved , heard rumours these days immi refusing files with shity reason (there is not need ) . 

Anyone out there heard such thing???

23 hours ago, dodziu said:

yeah i heard that news too. refusal rate increasing this year (with reason there is no NEED)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dodziu said:

yeah i heard that news too. refusal rate increasing this year (with reason there is no NEED)

21 minutes ago, wait4visa said:

yeah thats true , I applied same as R.M. in Oct 2016 still waiting for visa to be approved , heard rumours these days immi refusing files with shity reason (there is not need ) . 

Anyone out there heard such thing???

This is true, they made us paid a big amount of money, took 2 years to wait, only approved the occupations level 1 quickly and then refused 50% other "not important" occupations based on assumptions 

• Like 3

Just FYI guys, today friend of mine got her nomination and visa approve on the same day within few hours difference. AFAIK she applied on december 2016, LR country and work as pattiserie on the same company as me. Mine is November 2016, cook and still waiting without any update. I hope my information will bring a bit zing for those who are struggling including myself O.oxD

Edited by 420dream

My timeline:

RCB handed in   9/1/2018

RCB approved   19/1/2018

Nomination and 187 visa applied     24/1/2018

Immi asked us (me and my hubby) to go for medical check on 7/2/2018!!! And we have done it on 14/2/2018

Did it mean anything as immi asked us for something? We are on 476 visa and applied onshore. Our x-ray result was reused.

I am a remedial massage therapist in WA.

So scared every day. ?