187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

1 hour ago, preet1513 said:

I understand ur situation very well ...

I m also offshore and waiting from last 2 years ..really very hard...

I wish we both and everyone on this forum get their visas...

2 hours ago, Sodhi said:

Hi preet u r nomination is approved but u waiting for your visa but I am waiting for visa and nomination, two years gone still waiting very stressful situation,  file open from eight months 😣

Hi Preet1515 & Sodhi that's so frustrating especially Sodhi waiting for 8 months after your file is opened. Have you'll tried contacting DOHA either by phone or email. What Occupation and State have you'll applied for coz this plays a major difference as well. 

31 minutes ago, sonal patel said:

Hi guys

One of my friend got nomination refused last friday without document request and didn't gave any reason. So if they apply aat and the results of aat will be positive? Or not?

It's not possible for them to refuse without a reason. Even if it's a bullshit reason they have to give a reason. By the way if the nomination is refused you can't appeal you need to withdraw or wait for the visa to be refused before going to AAT.

Going for an appeal at the AAT you need to prove why they have refused you and how is it wrong. If you say they haven't given your friend a reason then your friend will surely win the AAT without a problem. (Maybe your friend hasn't read the refusal properly or doesn't want to tell you the reason)

My partners last visa was refused because they found the IELTS was expired, we went through AAT and was able to prove that when the application was submitted it was valid and was given time resit for another IELTS...took a while but won the case,got the decision overturned and got 50% of the AAT fee refunded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 11patelmanisha said:

Hi All,

any such case in here where after nomination approval there has been wait for visa approval (more then six months)?

reply will be appriciated.

hi dear

my nomination was apptoved in august 2018

immigration asked for medicals and pcc

waiting since then it has been eight months since my nomination approval..

I applied as a cook for tasmania

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mark23 said:

Hi Preet1515 & Sodhi that's so frustrating especially Sodhi waiting for 8 months after your file is opened. Have you'll tried contacting DOHA either by phone or email. What Occupation and State have you'll applied for coz this plays a major difference as well. 

yeah I send an email to immigration dept but no answer yet...

i applied nomination and visa may 2017

as a cook for tasmania

got nomination approval aug 2018

waiting since then for decesion...

it has been now over 8 months 

14 minutes ago, preet1513 said:

as a cook for tasmania

It's frustrating I know...when they ask for documents we have 28days to reply but when we expect them to come up with the verdict sadly there is no time limit for them🤔 you just have to wait!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mark23 said:

It's frustrating I know...when they ask for documents we have 28days to reply but when we expect them to come up with the verdict sadly there is no time limit for them🤔 you just have to wait!!!!

I have a question that in 2018 rules for rsms changed and since then they need to have 3 years experience does this rule affecf people who lodged file in 2017 ???

18 minutes ago, preet1513 said:

I have a question that in 2018 rules for rsms changed and since then they need to have 3 years experience does this rule affecf people who lodged file in 2017 ???

No those rules only applies to new applicants on and after 1st March 2018. U will be fine.

2 hours ago, mark23 said:

It's not possible for them to refuse without a reason. Even if it's a bullshit reason they have to give a reason. By the way if the nomination is refused you can't appeal you need to withdraw or wait for the visa to be refused before going to AAT.

Going for an appeal at the AAT you need to prove why they have refused you and how is it wrong. If you say they haven't given your friend a reason then your friend will surely win the AAT without a problem. (Maybe your friend hasn't read the refusal properly or doesn't want to tell you the reason)

My partners last visa was refused because they found the IELTS was expired, we went through AAT and was able to prove that when the application was submitted it was valid and was given time resit for another IELTS...took a while but won the case,got the decision overturned and got 50% of the AAT fee refunded.

you serious? i submitted my ielts literally a month before expiring, got visa 18mths later so it was clearly expired by the time CO opened the case, no issues. i asked my MA about it and he said it need to be valid at the time of application 

17 hours ago, Aug2017ACT said:

you serious? i submitted my ielts literally a month before expiring, got visa 18mths later so it was clearly expired by the time CO opened the case, no issues. i asked my MA about it and he said it need to be valid at the time of application 

Yes your MA is absolutely right.

You know that there are 2 dates on every IELTS certificate right...one is the date you sat for the test and one is at the bottom when the certificate is issued. Now in my partners case she sat for the test on 9th Aug and the certificate date is 20th Aug. We applied on the 19th August, since I never had an MA and we did all the paperwork ourselves I had to argue my way through convincing them that it was a matter of misunderstanding and should be given a chance to rectify that. After that we were given 24hours to show we have booked the earliest possible date for the test and as soon as that result was released we had to give the ID number for them to check the IELTS score. The whole process was stressful and time consuming. Sometimes it all depends on who is ur CO and how lenient they are. 

Recently I read an article about a nurse from NSW that she and her husband gave fraudulent documents. The husband has a criminal record and has used false documents to get a passport but are still granted their PR just because it's in the public interest that they are not sent back. I say that's complete bullshit when it clearly states anyone providing false and misleading information will automatically lead to cancellation of their application. I don't know how they are given a second chance. It's so unfair to people who are being refused for bullshit reason and people like them are being allowed in. Here's the link if U want to read it.

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2019/04/02/indian-nurses-stay-australia-public-interest-despite-document-fraud-visa

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed swearing

4 hours ago, sonal patel said:

Hi guys

One of my friend got nomination refused last friday without document request and didn't gave any reason. So if they apply aat and the results of aat will be positive? Or not?

How long did she wait and her occupation pls?

Sad part is people who are going to lodge their applications for the new regional visas starting November will probably get theirs approved before a lot of us. 187 RSMS should have been one of the fastest visas processed instead it takes almost the longest.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, preet1513 said:

as a cook for tasmania

Same here MA contact immigration so many time but still same answer 'wait '.                      visa nomination march 2017 as cook Victoria 

2 hours ago, Sodhi said:

Same here MA contact immigration so many time but still same answer 'wait '.                      visa nomination march 2017 as cook Victoria 

It's just a question of luck...just a few pages back you will see Ricky applied as a cook from Victoria in Feb 2018 and got his nomination and visa in March 2019 - (13 months straight) and Deoma applied since 2016 and is possible still waiting.... So if your lucky with a good CO and they pick your file then you may just jump the queue.

3 hours ago, mark23 said:

It's just a question of luck...just a few pages back you will see Ricky applied as a cook from Victoria in Feb 2018 and got his nomination and visa in March 2019 - (13 months straight) and Deoma applied since 2016 and is possible still waiting.... So if your lucky with a good CO and they pick your file then you may just jump the queue.

Yes mark still waiting. 

• Sad 1

Hi guys,

New to this forum.

Just wanna ask, is any one of you received a "s56 REQUEST FOR MOER INFO" message but the status still showed up as "RECEIVED"?

I have flipped through some of the posts in here, and noticed the status should have changed to initial assessment after CO asked for more info.

I just feel a bit stressed.  Much appreciated if someone can help me to understand this.

Regards,