187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

6 minutes ago, Bryant Chang said:

Hello everyone
I got the 187visa last month, but my company ready to close down soon. Is this circumstance would effect my visa? Can I work at other company before the business close down?

Bryant, you don't need to worry...under certain circumstances like the company shutting down or you being terminated by your employer does not affect your visa. You can work for another organisation as long as you stay in the nominated regional state (in your case QLD) however if you can't find employment in that state and find employment in any other state you will need to write to the DoHA and explain why you need to leave QLD otherwise you don't need to inform immigration at all.

Bryant, you don't need to worry...under certain circumstances like the company shutting down or you being terminated by your employer does not affect your visa. You can work for another organisation as long as you stay in the nominated regional state (in your case QLD) however if you can't find employment in that state and find employment in any other state you will need to write to the DoHA and explain why you need to leave QLD otherwise you don't need to inform immigration at all.
Oh..... What a professional reply.
I have heard from my friend said if company shut down, free to go immediately. But I am not expect that it will happen on me one day. Anyway, thank you for ur reply.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bryant Chang said:

Hello everyone
I got the 187visa last month, but my company ready to close down soon. Is this circumstance would effect my visa? Can I work at other company before the business close down?

Wow thatā€™s the best one actuallyšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

i think work until it closesĀ to be safe...

Wow thatā€™s the best one actually[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Yeah, I want to, but at moment no more job for me in my company.Just wait someone to buy equipment and empty the warehouse. Even one of my boss already find a new job,haaa

Just now, Bryant Chang said:
5 minutes ago, CarmenChung said:
Wow thatā€™s the best one actuallyemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yeah, I want to, but at moment no more job for me in my company.Just wait someone to buy equipment and empty the warehouse. Even one of my boss already find a new job,haaa

So thatā€™s your company not able to give you any job I think itā€™s no problem...but ask your MA what you exactly need to do to be safešŸ¤žšŸ» .

The evil me wants the company closes within 2 years after I get the visa! Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMMI NEWS:
- New regional visa allows living in regional area for up to 5 yrs.
- 2 New regional provisional visas to replace 489 & 187 from Nov 2019 with enhanced compliance (489 & 187 to be discontinued).Ā 

My lawyer told me approval rate dropped to 17% as they are getting rid of 187 and alsoĀ adviced to start looking for a new options...Ā 

Ā 

On 27/03/2019 at 23:48, Rajat Babbar said:

Its strange that it is still showing received in your account where is after depositing the papers it should be further assessment.
Check it again brother it should be further assessment

Sorry, I had missed your post. The status shows received still. Is it different for others? Please confirm.

Ā 

On another note, would it be prudent to ask my sponsoring employee to call IMMI and ask for status and mention that they require me soon. I am an offshore applicant. Please advise.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Nati89 said:

My lawyer told me approval rate dropped to 17% as they are getting rid of 187 and alsoĀ adviced to start looking for a new options...Ā 

do you mean that the they are slowing the approval rate? If it is, it is really scary. Hope they clear off the backlog.Ā 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Endlesswait said:

Ā 

Sorry, I had missed your post. The status shows received still. Is it different for others? Please confirm.

Ā 

On another note, would it be prudent to ask my sponsoring employee to call IMMI and ask for status and mention that they require me soon. I am an offshore applicant. Please advise.Ā 

Ā 

Calling and emailing doesn't help. Just wait until it's resolved.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Endlesswait said:

do you mean that the they are slowing the approval rate? If it is, it is really scary. Hope they clear off the backlog.Ā 

No, they cut the immigration intake from 190 000 to 160 000Ā in where there are 9 000 places forĀ  new regional visas- as they are getting rid of 187 visa they are refusing 87% of applications as the new visas are to be introduced in NovemberĀ (over 30 000 RSMS applications still pending in the department while they can only approve 6 000).Ā Ā 

They are definitely not slowing down the approval rate- they are refusing visas. 187 was lately a risky visa but now chances of getting it are VERY low so it is better to stop hoping to get it and look for another options instead.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Nati89 said:

No, they cut the immigration intake from 190 000 to 160 000Ā in where there are 9 000 places forĀ  new regional visas- as they are getting rid of 187 visa they are refusing 87% of applications as the new visas are to be introduced in NovemberĀ (over 30 000 RSMS applications still pending in the department while they can only approve 6 000).Ā Ā 

They are definitely not slowing down the approval rate- they are refusing visas. 187 was lately a risky visa but now chances of getting it are VERY low so it is better to stop hoping to get it and look for another options instead.

87% of what you've typed is INCORRECT, check your sources before you spread misinformation and panic.

18 hours ago, mark23 said:

What if the owner sell the business to another company and they donā€™t want you to workĀ 

18 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

87% of what you've typed is INCORRECT, check your sources before you spread misinformation and panic.

I checked my sources and I'm not spreading panic I'm giving you figures.

Do your math it is not that hard to calculate: 6 000 out of 30 000 (my lawyer told me there are over 30 000)Ā it gives you less than 20% that's how many visas can be granted add to it all the bogus applications and all the other reasons for refusalĀ etcĀ  and see what % will you have. Thanks