187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

4 minutes ago, Nati89 said:

I checked my sources and I'm not spreading panic I'm giving you figures.

Do your math it is not that hard to calculate: 6 000 out of 30 000 (my lawyer told me there are over 30 000) it gives you less than 20% that's how many visas can be granted add to it all the bogus applications and all the other reasons for refusal etc  and see what % will you have. Thanks

Ah ok, work on your comprehension then?

The Morrison Government has released a plan to reduce congestion in major cities, encourage more skilled migrants to enter and reside in regional areas. On 20 March 2019, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced that for the next four years immigration will be capped 160,000 migrants per year. While the total amount of immigration will be capped, the number of skilled migrants entering Australia will be raised using regional visas and skilled visa streams.

The plan presented by the Morrison Government outlines a new, lower cap on Australian permanent immigration. The difference between the previous “cap” and the new policy is 30,000, approximately 15%. Prior to these changes, there was not a “cap” that immigration focused on. While there was a limit of 190,000 migrants per year, Australian migration usually stays around 160,000. For example, last year there were 162,000 permanent immigrants who arrived in Australia. Thus, the cap of 160,000 basically represents the current climate of Australian immigration.

In plain English - they are 'cutting' nonexistent intake as the actual intake has never been 190,000 per year, which means it doesn't realistically affect anything (162,417 permanent migrants were allowed in financial year 2017-18 even though the limit was 190,000).

Moreover, they are making regional visas an even bigger priority as they don't want people in the major cities due to them not being able to cope with such numbers.

Also, don't forget the rules that were in place when you lodged the application are the rules under which your application will be assessed, so don't get stressed out (if you have already applied and your application is not bogus) about the planned changes as those will affect new applicants.

Finally, this is just a plan for now.

You can read more here.

21 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

In plain English - they are 'cutting' nonexistent intake as the actual intake has never been 190,000 per year, which means it doesn't realistically affect anything (162,417 permanent migrants were allowed in financial year 2017-18 even though the limit was 190,000).

Moreover, they are making regional visas an even bigger priority as they don't want people in the major cities due to them not being able to cope with such numbers.

Also, don't forget the rules that were in place when you lodged the application are the rules under which your application will be assessed, so don't get stressed out (if you have already applied and your application is not bogus) about the planned changes as those will affect new applicants.

You can read more here.

Mate, in very plain English- the new intake is set as 9 000 for sponsored regional visa not for 187 visa as they are ABOLISHING IT  but  for the new visa to be introduced in November 2019.  

2019-20 Migration program planning levels

Skill Stream:

Employer-Sponsored 30,000

Skilled Independent 18,652

Regional 23,000

Skilled Employer Sponsored 9,000

Skilled Work Regional 14,000

State/Territory Nominated 24,968

Business Innovation & Investment program 6,862

Global Talent 5,000

Distinguished Talent 200

Skill Total 108,682

Family Stream:

Partner 39,799

Parent 7,371

Other Family 562

Family Total 47,732

Special Eligibility 236

Child (estimate; not subject to a ceiling) 3,350

Total 160,000

Edited by Nati89

18 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

You can read more here.

I'm sure most people on this forum have already read this or atleast heard of this on the news...if you haven't and your just relying on your migration agent then you may end up like Nati89 who is being misled by her MA who probably can't understand English and is just used to working a certain format and can't think out of the box.

4 minutes ago, mark23 said:

I'm sure most people on this forum have already read this or atleast heard of this on the news...if you haven't and your just relying on your migration agent then you may end up like Nati89 who is being misled by her MA who probably can't understand English and is just used to working a certain format and can't think out of the box.

Cool story bro. 

6 minutes ago, Nati89 said:

Mate, in very plain English- the new intake is set as 9 000 for sponsored regional visa not for 187 visa as they are ABOLISHING IT  but  for the new visa to be introduced in November 2019.  

2019-20 Migration program planning levels

Skill Stream:

Employer-Sponsored 30,000

Skilled Independent 18,652

Regional 23,000

Skilled Employer Sponsored 9,000

Skilled Work Regional 14,000

State/Territory Nominated 24,968

Business Innovation & Investment program 6,862

Global Talent 5,000

Distinguished Talent 200

Skill Total 108,682

Family Stream:

Partner 39,799

Parent 7,371

Other Family 562

Family Total 47,732

Special Eligibility 236

Child (estimate; not subject to a ceiling) 3,350

Total 160,000

This has nothing to do with applicants who have lodged their files already. This only applies to new application after November this year. Nati89 your MA is full off shit... I'm sorry no offence to you but he/she is just trying to scare you - maybe because they feel they haven't done a good job with your file and in case you get rejected this can be an excuse for them.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mark23 said:

Not sure what your point is?

The post above is in relation to Nati89's initial post and its purpose was to prevent panic from spreading.

How do you know who I am relying on and can't think out of the box?

3 minutes ago, mark23 said:

This has nothing to do with applicants who have lodged their files already. This only applies to new application after November this year. Nati89 your MA is full off shit... I'm sorry no offence to you but he/she is just trying to scare you - maybe because they feel they haven't done a good job with your file and in case you get rejected this can be an excuse for them.

Completely agree.

1 minute ago, MilaMocha said:

Not sure what your point is?

The post above is in relation to Nati89's initial post and its purpose was to prevent panic from spreading.

How do you know who I am relying on and can't think out of the box?

I'm talking about Nati89's migration agent who can't think out of the box and is scaring Nati89...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mark23 said:

I'm talking about Nati89's migration agent who can't think out of the box and is scaring Nati89...

Ah ok, cos you've quoted me and then typed your answer which made me think you're referring to me direct.

One hell of an agent (lawyer).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MilaMocha said:

Ah ok, cos you've quoted me and then typed your answer which made me think you're referring to me direct.

One hell of an agent (lawyer).

Sorry about the confusion...we are not having a go at Nati89. Just feel sad that his/her migration agent would try to scare them like that... I think no matter what... your agent/lawyer should always be positive as long as your application is not bogus....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mark23 said:

Sorry about the confusion...we are not having a go at Nati89. Just feel sad that his/her migration agent would try to scare them like that... I think no matter what... your agent/lawyer should always be positive as long as your application is not bogus....

Ok so let say that my MA just tried to scare me as per new quota 

from 190 000 to 160 000 form June 2019 to June 2020 where there are 9 000 places for Regional Skilled Employer Sponsored - which is old 187 visa and new visa which is going to be introduced in November. How they gonna divide it between these two?

Edited by Nati89

9 minutes ago, Nati89 said:

Ok so let say that my MA just tried to scare me as per new quota 

from 190 000 to 160 000 form June 2019 to June 2020 where there are 9 000 places for Regional Skilled Employer Sponsored - which is old 187 visa and new visa which is going to be introduced in November. How they gonna divide it between these two?

I already explained in my previous post that it has never been 190,000.

Also, November is just a proposed start of two new visas, not set in stone yet. Even if it does happen, by November 90% of the people here will have their existing cases (what you call old 187) finalized - and if they weren't fake they will be granted. For the nomination part we cannot discuss much as businesses not always disclose all relevant information to the applicants so we can only hope everything is good on their front.

Can you share your timeline please Nati89?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nati89 said:

I checked my sources and I'm not spreading panic I'm giving you figures.

Do your math it is not that hard to calculate: 6 000 out of 30 000 (my lawyer told me there are over 30 000) it gives you less than 20% that's how many visas can be granted add to it all the bogus applications and all the other reasons for refusal etc  and see what % will you have. Thanks

We can’t see how many applicants on the table ?? There are22000 applications are pipelines and this is on immigration websites mentioned clearly so please do not Spread such fake news.

1 hour ago, Sameer 120 said:

We can’t see how many applicants on the table ?? There are22000 applications are pipelines and this is on immigration websites mentioned clearly so please do not Spread such fake news.

Hi Sameer, can I please have a link?

Sorry guys but I am not gonna discuss with you anymore you have already showed your level accusing my MA that he cannot read in english, that my application is bogus etc without even knowing a thing about me! My application is 100% genuine and my MA absolutely did not tell me my visa will be refused- he said we have a strong case. All he said is that things getting harder because 187 will be abolished and replaced soon and that we should think about other options, he also said that DOHA has limits for each visa and there are too many applications pending so every visa can be refused genuine or not just because timeframes and limits and we all know this has happened in the past at the end of 2017 https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/refusal-retail-managers-rsms-187-visa/  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Nati89 said:

Sorry guys but I am not gonna discuss with you anymore you have already showed your level accusing my MA that he cannot read in english, that my application is bogus etc without even knowing a thing about me! My application is 100% genuine and my MA absolutely did not tell me my visa will be refused- he said we have a strong case. All he said is that things getting harder because 187 will be abolished and replaced soon and that we should think about other options, he also said that DOHA has limits for each visa and there are too many applications pending so every visa can be refused genuine or not just because timeframes and limits and we all know this has happened in the past at the end of 2017 https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/refusal-retail-managers-rsms-187-visa/  Thanks!

Hi Nati89,

I'm sorry that you feel that way... whatever you said is 100% true and no one is denying that...it's just that the facts you stated is applicable only to new application. One more thing I did poke fun at your MA but I never said your application is bogus... infact I sincerely wish you the best of luck...I think everyone here is genuinely trying to get their 187 even if that means changing their original profession just to fit in.

1 hour ago, Nati89 said:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/report-migration-program-2017-18.pdf please scroll the page in 12 of 18,you can see the report are showing how this government reduced the number of rsms visa approval

3 minutes ago, Sameer 120 said:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/report-migration-program-2017-18.pdf please scroll the page in 12 of 18,you can see the report are showing how this government reduced the number of rsms visa approval

irstly, we can know how many applications pipeline leaved at 30 June 2017 which is 22661-3965=18696

Also, application pipeline leaved at 30 June 2018 is 22661

finally, Demand for places in the RSMS category in 2017-18, with 17003 application received

we can get how many applications Co dealed with totally in 2017-18 which is (applications pipeline leaved at 30 June 2017 + application received in 2017-18 - application pipeline leaved at 30 June 2018)=18696+17003-22661=13038

Approval rate=The RSMS outcome in 2017–18 /applications Co dealed with totally in 2017-18=6221/13038=47.71%

On 17/02/2019 at 11:01, Randeep Singh said:

Have u guys got visa approved for pr or not yet cause my nomination has been approved on 1 Feb that's why 

Thanks guys

Yes, we both got visa.. it tooks around two weeks after submitting requested documents. 

I would like to share the good news here !!! 

I just received an text from my MA.

Our visas were granted at 7pm today!!! 

Here is my timeline.

Company Nomination lodged on 22nd Dec 2017

Visa lodged 25th Dec 2017

RCB Refused twice 

Nomination approved on 19th Feb 2019

Visa approved today 3rd Apr 2019 at 7pm!!! 

Please be positive even if when you have hard times!!! 

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 1

On 02/04/2019 at 19:33, Rajat Babbar said:
On 02/04/2019 at 18:45, Cupidmi said:
Hi guys...Im bringing a good new, finally I have got my golden visa today.
Timeline/two people/cook/WA
Nomination and visa lodged 23.02.2018
Nomination approved 12.02.2019
Docs required new AFP/medical/partner English
We sent required for invoice to pay 
Uploaded docs 20.02.2019
2VAC invoice required at 6.30p.m. 01.04.2019/4890AUD paid right away
Visa granted this morning at 10a.m.
Background
Company has 7 full-time 4 casuals 
Turnover around 3.3m
I have been working here for 6 years.

Hopefully everyone will get their visa soon. This forum helps me a lot thank you guys 

Congratulations brother . Cheers to good time

Hi everyone 

my account still showing revived but they update it 29 March is this cause of they received my son’s medical. Or they checking my application guys any hope