Which part of the UK did you come from?

Purplethunder

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
Eeee eck...Which part of Bradford, mate??? I lived in Thornton and left there in 1963.:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

I knew you were a wrong un, born in Bradford, says it all, i was born in a classier area of west yorkshire - Dewsbury. lol

my neighbours were Karen Mathews and the 7/7 London Bomber.............. sorry for names dropping, did you live far from the Yorkshire ripper?

Eeee eck...Which part of Bradford, mate??? I lived in Thornton and left there in 1963.:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi bobj

We live in sunny ole Wyke. Moved up here about a year ago and still getting lost all the bloody time. The countryside up here is lovely though.

Have you ever been back ?. I am sure things have changed alot since 1963

Cheers

Guest yorkspud

Hi Hoff i lived in OSSET before comming out here in 77 my geandmother and greatgrand mother lived round that area after mooving from wakefield Grandfather born in Horbury. thw world gets smaller

Alan

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hi Hoff i lived in OSSET before comming out here in 77 my geandmother and greatgrand mother lived round that area after mooving from wakefield Grandfather born in Horbury. thw world gets smaller

Alan

Hi mate

have you been back since?

i bet theres not been much change and as the saying goes................ its grim up north.:laugh::yes:

Ossett is a bit posher than Dewsbury.

Guest yorkspud

HI Hoff

went back to see mum dad in April 2000 came home in August 2000 .Back to Leeds October 2000 as i had met a ladywhilst visting mum etc .Brought said lady in2002for 3months holliday ,then 6 weeks in 2004 ,i came back in 2006 as my daughter had had my second grandchild and the b-----ddecided to run off with another woman .Then early in 2007 decided to come back HOME permanantly .Said to missus i am going back to OZ with or without you .As she wasnot retired she would have to work gave her all the hard word the truth ,wouldnt be like the hollidays, did not hold back she had to know what to expect ,and not easy for a 60 year old woman with children and grand children .After two days she said you are NOT going with out me.so visa aplied for and came back October 2007. She is working and enjoying it ,icing on the cake is whan her Daughter and Partner get there Visas hopefully in February 2011.I say to all who want to come out and are not quite sure give it a go id was great adventure ,my wife god blessher died in June 1990 she also loved Australia .all i can say Hoff is AUSIE AUSIE AUSIE Go GO GO

Hi bobj

We live in sunny ole Wyke. Moved up here about a year ago and still getting lost all the bloody time. The countryside up here is lovely though.

Have you ever been back ?. I am sure things have changed alot since 1963

Cheers

I went back in 1967 for a six month holiday and realised that Oz was my home. My six month 'holiday' lasted 1 month...

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest Guest9973

Alan

I was from Pudsey......

Been back 3 times in 10 years ( two due to family illness).

God the place just gets more small,miserable,dangerous and dirty!!

Loved spending time in the North Yorks Dales, Stopped in Whitby and as a "treat" went to the Forbidden Corner. Family not impressed at all but loved it when they were there.

The Forbidden Corner - The Strangest Place In The World

I knew you were a wrong un, born in Bradford, says it all, i was born in a classier area of west yorkshire - Dewsbury. lol

my neighbours were Karen Mathews and the 7/7 London Bomber.............. sorry for names dropping, did you live far from the Yorkshire ripper?

Mate! I was not born in Bradford, just lived there for 12 years before coming out to Australis...:tongue:

Nearest famous person to where I lived??? Bob Appleyard, spin bowler who played a couple of tests for England.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest deb1307

Hey Paul and Julie, I too moved from Grimsby and now living in Cairns, have been in Australia for 8 years but only in Cairns for 1 year, visited Grimsby in Feb last year due to family illness and couldnt believe how run down it had got. Walked past Wilko's to see a man pinching a bike chained up outside with half of Peps bar cheering him on!! Realised at that moment that I wouldnt want to move back to Grimsby ever

Guest PaulandJulie
Hey Paul and Julie, I too moved from Grimsby and now living in Cairns, have been in Australia for 8 years but only in Cairns for 1 year, visited Grimsby in Feb last year due to family illness and couldnt believe how run down it had got. Walked past Wilko's to see a man pinching a bike chained up outside with half of Peps bar cheering him on!! Realised at that moment that I wouldnt want to move back to Grimsby ever

Hey Deb,

exactly why we want out!! Where did you move to originally? If it's easier message me i'm sure you have lots of tips you can give us

Julie

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just wondering the demographics of where people originated from in the UK, so which county did you come from and where have you ended up?

Reading, Berks, to Gold Coast ....and I know which one I prefer!!! :biglaugh:

Archived