189/190 Visa Applications from July/Aug 17

7 hours ago, Sutu said:

I also  didn't do that, but I have just sent an email now, about 5 weeks later, I hope  that won't be a problem. Though  we uploaded the  required  documents  on time.  Fingers crossed 

It does say that if you don't respond in writing they will assess the application anyway after the deadline for providing the requested information. 

We provided the information requested yesterday and today our status on the immi account changed to show the documents have been received and are being reviewed. I am feeling optimistic that we're nearing the finishing line...but you never know how long this bit might take, or if they'll want anything else, I really hope not! 

• Like 1

I find it all really confusing to be honest. When I emailed to say I had uploaded the documents I got an automated response and in that it said "don't email the department to say you have uploaded documents" [emoji15]doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, fingers firmly crossed we all hear soon and we have grants and then it won't matter [emoji16] good luck all!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

We are 189 visa for chef (me) taking husband and 2 little girls, 65 points. It was a long waiting game from the EOI going in in June! Got my EOI on the 5th September, doing medicals in the next couple of weeks (due to preexisting condition that shouldn't be an issue but we don't want to pay the visa fees if refused). Then it's just a waiting game....

Hope it's all quick and painless after that!

• Like 2

Hi friends, we got the invite for 190 visa Victoria,  on sept 6th and we paid and uploaded all our documents including medicals and pcc on sept 16th. But we have not been assigned a case officer yet, or no communication so far. Very tensed each day. We heard usually case officer wil be assigned within two weeks. Anyone has faced the similar situation? 

Edited by AdvinS

25 minutes ago, AdvinS said:

Hi friends, we got the invite for 190 visa Victoria,  on sept 6th and we paid and uploaded all our documents including medicals and pcc on sept 16th. But we have not been assigned a case officer yet, or no communication so far. Very tensed each day. We heard usually case officer wil be assigned within two weeks. Anyone has faced the similar situation? 

We waited over a month for a case officer to be assigned, we are onshore with 80 points. Some people get one within a few days or weeks, some a few months. It depends on multiple factors - you might never get a case officer and go straight to a grant. I think average processing time is about 8 months and there is nothing you can do so don't worry, if your application is in you've done the hard work so just settle in for the wait. Good luck 

• Like 1

I've just done a bit of analysis to try and get a realistic idea of when we can expect our grant, like everyone else there are aspects of our life which we are having to delay or risk all together as a result of the visa application process - September was a massive month for awarding grants (the backlog must have been significant). Only 3 grants in all October *sigh* I'm hoping it will pick up, I don't like it when it all goes quiet....

It looks like there are some grants from applications made in July though so at least heading in the right direction. The general skilled migration allocation dates have been updated to show that they are working on applications up to 3rd September. 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed reference to external site
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, strayadreams said:

I've just done a bit of analysis to try and get a realistic idea of when we can expect our grant, like everyone else there are aspects of our life which we are having to delay or risk all together as a result of the visa application process - September was a massive month for awarding grants (the backlog must have been significant). Only 3 grants in all October *sigh* I'm hoping it will pick up, I don't like it when it all goes quiet....

It looks like there are some grants from applications made in July though so at least heading in the right direction. The general skilled migration allocation dates have been updated to show that they are working on applications up to 3rd September. 

I have applied on April 4th.. but still no Grant :(

Hi Praveen, Sorry to bother you. Please can I know your score, skill set you have applied for and visa - 189 or 190?

Also you have mentioned you have applied in April. Have you submitted the EOI  in April? All the best. Hope you hear something soon. Thanks

Hi,
Where did you find all of this information?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Bettiblu said:

Hi,
Where did you find all of this information?

Thanks

Hi, border website publishes allocation dates on their website to show the earliest date of application they're working on, other stuff you can find easily on the immigration trackers and by looking for other similar cases. You can search by job code (number of people applying under same job code), country of applicant, onshore/offshore - you can work out roughly what to expect. 

9 hours ago, Mini said:

Hi Praveen, Sorry to bother you. Please can I know your score, skill set you have applied for and visa - 189 or 190?

Also you have mentioned you have applied in April. Have you submitted the EOI  in April? All the best. Hope you hear something soon. Thanks

Hello,

I applied for 190 with 65 pts for Developer Programmer.

I submitted the VISA application on April 4th. EOI was long back.

Hi, border website publishes allocation dates on their website to show the earliest date of application they're working on, other stuff you can find easily on the immigration trackers and by looking for other similar cases. You can search by job code (number of people applying under same job code), country of applicant, onshore/offshore - you can work out roughly what to expect. 

Ahhh I see. Thanks

On 8/28/2017 at 04:39, strayadreams said:

Hi 

Just starting a new thread for anyone who has applied for a PR visa 189/190 after July. Mine is in - 190, State Nomination in QLD (onshore) with 80 points. Medicals booked next week. Still waiting for Aus post to deliver what are presumed clear background checks from U.K. 

Like everyone else, hoping for a quick turnaround ?

Hi straydreams

Im also kind of in the sane boat with u.

Last document uploaded was on 25th sep form80 was long filled out n lodged in feb but had few spelling mistakes in few docs which had to be corrected and this process took a while but in the end the checklist was updated on 25th .hoping to get the grant ASAP while already delayed..and best of luck on ur visa as well..jus hang in there