189/190 Visa Applications from July/Aug 17

Ahhh I see. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, so just to check I have read this correctly. Presently they are processing applications received before the 27th Aug 2017 for 189 visas and this order is done based on priority set by migration programme planning?

The 190 visas are currently up to 3rd sept ?

On 11/4/2017 at 19:12, Bettiblu said:

Hi, so just to check I have read this correctly. Presently they are processing applications received before the 27th Aug 2017 for 189 visas and this order is done based on priority set by migration programme planning?

The 190 visas are currently up to 3rd sept ?

Hi,

Yes - although I've seen mixed information about how they process them after they enter the system, whether its just the order in which they are received or based on points (or something else?). From what I've seen it can't be an exact science because it depends on whether you fulfill the application requirements to the satisfaction of the case officer who is dealing with your application. It could get passed from one to another who could have different ideas about what satisfies each requirement.

Its just hoops...many, many hoops. I need them to hurry up with mine now. The longer it goes on the more we are disadvantaged by not having it. Eg. we are onshore but unable to buy a house without residency, we need to move out of our rental which has been sold. We can't enroll our children in school without proof of a permanent address but we don't want to commit to the cost and move to another rental if there is a chance we could buy before the new school year.

I'm just ranting, I really hoped this would have been more straightforward. The only contact we've had is to say that we've been assigned a case officer, they requested a couple of extra documents (provided in September) and since then its a wall of silence. Status just says 'Review in process'. So frustrating. 

Hi,
Yes - although I've seen mixed information about how they process them after they enter the system, whether its just the order in which they are received or based on points (or something else?). From what I've seen it can't be an exact science because it depends on whether you fulfill the application requirements to the satisfaction of the case officer who is dealing with your application. It could get passed from one to another who could have different ideas about what satisfies each requirement.
Its just hoops...many, many hoops. I need them to hurry up with mine now. The longer it goes on the more we are disadvantaged by not having it. Eg. we are onshore but unable to buy a house without residency, we need to move out of our rental which has been sold. We can't enroll our children in school without proof of a permanent address but we don't want to commit to the cost and move to another rental if there is a chance we could buy before the new school year.
I'm just ranting, I really hoped this would have been more straightforward. The only contact we've had is to say that we've been assigned a case officer, they requested a couple of extra documents (provided in September) and since then its a wall of silence. Status just says 'Review in process'. So frustrating. 

Ahhh yes, I can understand your frustrations. I'm sure you've said before but how long have you been waiting again? Did you go through an agent or do it all yourself? My friend who now lives over there went through an agent but she said it was taking ages for them to hear back and so she sent a message to the office and the next day it was granted. She said it was like it was just sitting there waiting to be updated or something. This was some time ago but I wonder if that is something you can do. Unfortunately my agent has told me I don't have access to the immi account my application has been lodged through so I'm not sure if there is the facility to send a message or email and ask if there was anything else you needed to submit. Hopefully they reply or at least look at the application perhaps.

9 hours ago, Bettiblu said:

Ahhh yes, I can understand your frustrations. I'm sure you've said before but how long have you been waiting again? Did you go through an agent or do it all yourself? My friend who now lives over there went through an agent but she said it was taking ages for them to hear back and so she sent a message to the office and the next day it was granted. She said it was like it was just sitting there waiting to be updated or something. This was some time ago but I wonder if that is something you can do. Unfortunately my agent has told me I don't have access to the immi account my application has been lodged through so I'm not sure if there is the facility to send a message or email and ask if there was anything else you needed to submit. Hopefully they reply or at least look at the application perhaps.

We’ve tried to chase it but apparently they are experiencing unprecedented numbers of applications from priority countries (UK isn’t one) and so this means that the queue in front can get longer (they can pay to be processed more quickly) before your application is reviewed. So unless they get more capacity it won’t get any faster ?

We’ve tried to chase it but apparently they are experiencing unprecedented numbers of applications from priority countries (UK isn’t one) and so this means that the queue in front can get longer (they can pay to be processed more quickly) before your application is reviewed. So unless they get more capacity it won’t get any faster [emoji19]

Oh really? Inns we knew that.
Is it me or was October quiet for the number of visas granted?

hi everyone. I received my invitation on 04/10/2017 and lodged my application on 11/10/2017. I front loaded PCC, medical and other requested documents. but, up to now, I have received no feedback from any case officer.

has it been too long?

thanks 

21 minutes ago, mehdi said:

hi everyone. I received my invitation on 04/10/2017 and lodged my application on 11/10/2017. I front loaded PCC, medical and other requested documents. but, up to now, I have received no feedback from any case officer.

has it been too long?

thanks 

You need a bit of patience, thats not even four weeks yet'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mehdi said:

do you Know how long it would take ? approximately of course.

thanks a lot

I'm sure i read it can take anywhere from 7-12 months, although i  have read on here people have been successful within 4 months. 

According to the website they are working on 189 applications received on or before 27th August and 190 Applications 3rd September 2017. 

The wait is frustrating but it will all pay off I'm sure 

• Like 1

Hello All,

I submitted my Expression of Interest for Victoria with 70 points for System analyst on October 28th and I am currently waiting on an invitation to apply. I understand from Victoria website that this is the current process-we don't have to notify state, just apply EOI and wait. Please correct me if am wrong.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get invited to apply for visa?

On 14/11/2017 at 20:03, Mini said:

Hello All,

I submitted my Expression of Interest for Victoria with 70 points for System analyst on October 28th and I am currently waiting on an invitation to apply. I understand from Victoria website that this is the current process-we don't have to notify state, just apply EOI and wait. Please correct me if am wrong.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get invited to apply for visa?

It depends on your points, as well as how many other people are applying under the same job code. For some people it’s a couple of weeks but for popular job codes it can be 4 months. 

Thanks very much.

Hello All,

Hi All,

Im a nurse with 70 points. My husband and I are applying for a 189 visa. Just thought I would add my application progress to this thread.

• EOI Submitted: 10/07/2017
  • Invited: 26/07/2017
  • Visa application lodged: 06/08/2017
  • CO contact requested: Form 80, PCCs, Medicals (for both of us): 07/09/2017
  • All documents uploaded and submitted: 11/11/2017 (notification button pressed) Application status updated to: Assessment in progress 
  • Emailed CO to confirm documents submitted: 16/11/17

Now the wait begins... good luck to all applicants!

• Like 2

Hi,

I have just started with collecting documents for Visa 189. One of the reason why I want to apply for this visa is that I have two professions and both are on the list of skills. I have collage of Civil engineer and in last 10 years 4 years of working experience. Because of bad situation in my country, last 3 years I am working as software tester (Information technology), but no education. I am wondering can I get points for both professions?

On 11/15/2017 at 23:50, strayadreams said:

It depends on your points, as well as how many other people are applying under the same job code. For some people it’s a couple of weeks but for popular job codes it can be 4 months. 

Thanks again. I received my pre-invitation today for VIC.

On 11/6/2017 at 04:26, strayadreams said:

Hi,

Well im in a similar situation as well...last doc requested was submitted on 25th sep and till now its all quiet...dont know how long will it take

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 16:04, Harshil Dave said:

Hello,

Thank you.

On which dates till now they grant visa for subclass 190 - QLD ??

1 hour ago, Spicykhan said:

Well im in a similar situation as well...last doc requested was submitted on 25th sep and till now its all quiet...dont know how long will it take

Hello,

I am in similar situation. Last doc requested was submitted on 12th Sept... No updates yet !!!

Christmas vacation is coming. Finger crossed. Hope they will grant soon...

Hey guys,

Here is our timeline - we're expecting to wait another couple of months now until visa is granted. We really want to be there by early Feb as Hubby wants to watch our local rugby team play in Oz!!

24.07.17 EOI Lodged 

05.09.17 Visa invitation 

22.09.17 Visa lodged

09.11.17 CO assigned requesting medicals, police checks & form 80 for my Husband & I

28.11.17 Medicals, police checks & form 80 uploaded

Applying for 189 visa as a Registered Nurse with 65 points. Hubby is an Electrician but we haven't claimed the extra points for him as his skills assessment was going to be quite expensive. 

Hey guys,
My wife, myself and 2 children applied for a 189 occupation fitter general. Here is our timeline

Submitted EOI 18/07
Invited 06/09
Lodged with all documents except form 80 on 11/10
Visa was granted today 28/11

This has taken us completely by surprise as was not expecting a quick turnaround.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2017 at 20:29, ronnie said:

Hey guys,
My wife, myself and 2 children applied for a 189 occupation fitter general. Here is our timeline

Submitted EOI 18/07
Invited 06/09
Lodged with all documents except form 80 on 11/10
Visa was granted today 28/11

This has taken us completely by surprise as was not expecting a quick turnaround.

Wow, that was quick....did they request form 80 in the end?