Forum Problems

Guest The Pom Queen
1 hour ago, wattsy1982 said:

messenger system or not my message isnt on there.....CBA to retype it!

If it aint broke.......

Unfortunately the old forum was broke so we had no choice but to upgrade. We held off for 4 years but everything had stopped working as the old software was no longer available or maintained.

Guest The Pom Queen
1 hour ago, Lever40 said:

Mine also does this! 

Mine to, I think @Cerberus1 can change this. In the new forum it automatically disconnects you if you haven't been active to protect your account. 

When i open a thread to read the content the page itself as suddenly made itself a third wider than normal, making me scroll across to see all of post replies?

Guest The Pom Queen
4 hours ago, Sunset said:

When i open a thread to read the content the page itself as suddenly made itself a third wider than normal, making me scroll across to see all of post replies?

Can you tell me what thread? I have 3 devices, mobile, iPad Pro and desktop and can't replicate your problem

30 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

Can you tell me what thread? I have 3 devices, mobile, iPad Pro and desktop and can't replicate your problem

CTF and PM 

thanks.

Guest The Pom Queen
7 hours ago, Sunset said:

CTF and PM 

thanks.

It's absolutely fine for me. Is there anyone else with the same problem as Sunset?

IMG_2305.thumb.PNG.d97f4edcbfd4147fd29ce275a1ec26a7.PNG

I recently saw a post (can't find it now) bemoaning the loss of the "New posts" button. The reply was to hit the "Unread" button to find new posts. Unfortunately, unless I'm having a brain fart or am just plain thick, this bears no resemblance to the "new posts' button of old and it seems to show the thread but one is unable to go directly to the new posts as it directs you simply to the thread and the thread takes you to page one and then you have to read how many pages there are and then scroll or type the last page to get to the last post. Also, why are the number of pages on each thread faded and only show when you mouse over them? This seems to serve no practical purpose other than to deter those with poor sight who can hardly see the faded page numbers, from accessing the pages.

I also can't find how to change my signature or avatar but I guess there may be something in a FAQ but if that's the case, and I need to read that, then as someone who can normally find how to do things by "instinct" it again highlights the unfriendliness of the current setup.

I hate to say it, and I know a lot of work and grief has gone into this forum, but in it's current format it really is the most un-user friendly forum that I've ever used. Even the manner in which quoted posts are shown is alien as most forums that I've used have the quoted post boxed off or underscored to highlight the answer below as opposed to just a vertical bar down the left. I'm not whingeing just for the sake of it but merely offering how things could be improved, if possible. TBH, the first day the forum came back online I thought that I'd never re-visit due to it's current format but live in hope of future improvement................either in the forum or my adaptability :-)

Edited by Johndoe
adding to

5 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

I recently saw a post (can't find it now) bemoaning the loss of the "New posts" button. The reply was to hit the "Unread" button to find new posts. Unfortunately, unless I'm having a brain fart or am just plain thick, this bears no resemblance to the "new posts' button of old and it seems to show the thread but one is unable to go directly to the new posts as it directs you simply to the thread and the thread takes you to page one and then you have to read how many pages there are and then scroll or type the last page to get to the last post. Also, why are the number of pages on each thread faded and only show when you mouse over them? This seems to serve no practical purpose other than to deter those with poor sight who can hardly see the faded page numbers, from accessing the pages

I hate to say it, and I know a lot of work and grief has gone into this forum, but in it's current format it really is the most un-user friendly forum that I've ever used. Even the manner in which quoted posts are shown is alien as most forums that I've used have the quoted post boxed off or underscored to highlight the answer below as opposed to just a vertical bar down the left. I'm not whingeing just for the sake of it but merely offering how things could be improved, if possible. TBH, the first day the forum came back online I thought that I'd never re-visit due to it's current format but live in hope of future improvement................either in the forum or my adaptability :-)

Kev, if you click the little black circle or star (located to the left of the thread title) when looking at the unread content, it takes you to the last unread post in that thread..

As for quoting , im not sure what you mean, im using a laptop and when i clicked 'quote' to reply to you, your post came up in a box ,the curser under it ready for me to type a reply.. What do you mean its in a vertical bar?

Cal x

• Like 1