Hi

My application was lodged on 12th Feb by MA. When we had the medical done my hubby had high blood pressure. His GP referred him to cardiologist who after a number of appointments concluded that he hasn't got high BP only this white coat hypertension meaning he freaks out when at the docs :-). We have a CO assigned who has passed the cardiologist letter to MOC for decision. Anyone know how long they are taking to make a decision?

Thanks

I cant remember exactly but it was something like 175/90. Do you have experience in this adaminoz? Do you think it will result in a no decision?

Just to add they requested the additional information on 23rd April.

Edited by star1976

I can now post my timeline:

Application & nomination: 14th Feb 2014 (Transition Stream, IT, English)

CO Assigned and medicals requested: 30th April 2014

Medicals attended 7th May (after having to reply to get my HAP ID)

Visa Grant: 14 May 2014

Great news Adaminoz - Congrats! :cute:

I can now post my timeline:

Application & nomination: 14th Feb 2014 (Transition Stream, IT, English)

CO Assigned and medicals requested: 30th April 2014

Medicals attended 7th May (after having to reply to get my HAP ID)

Visa Grant: 14 May 2014

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to all of you who have received your 186 and fingers crossed for those of your awaiting decisions!

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a few of your threads for a while and thought it best to actually register and say hi :-)

Firstly, I have to say that your community is fantastic and the advise you offer is great!

I am currently in Regional QLD on a 457 visa (my husband is the primary applicant). We have 2 young children and I do not work as the the cost of childcare is extortionate with no government help.

We arrived in Australia in April 2012 and my husbands employer has lodged their nomination for the ENS 186 (Transition Stream) at the beginning of March and no word on that approval yet.

They have since given us the application ID and we have created our ImmiAccount, but are currently waiting for my husbands birth certificate and our police certificated from the UK. I don't think I need to provide my birth certificate as I am not the primary applicant (please correct me if I am wrong).

We haven't done medicals yet, but as the cost is so high, we were thinking of waiting for it to be requested before we got them. Do you think this is advisable, or should we just send it all through with our application?

I am really looking forward to contributing to the forums and becoming a part of this 'community'.

Thanks for reading :biggrin: - See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/welcome/211836-hello-newbie.html#sthash.UGEwllXZ.dpuf

I have just posted this on the Welcome Thread and copied and pasted here...

I have been reading a few of your threads for a while and thought it best to actually register and say hi :-)

Firstly, I have to say that your community is fantastic and the advise you offer is great!

I am currently in Regional QLD on a 457 visa (my husband is the primary applicant). We have 2 young children and I do not work as the the cost of childcare is extortionate with no government help.

We arrived in Australia in April 2012 and my husbands employer has lodged their nomination for the ENS 186 (Transition Stream) at the beginning of March and no word on that approval yet :wideeyed:

They have since given us the application ID and we have created our ImmiAccount, but are currently waiting for my husbands birth certificate and our police certificated from the UK. I don't think I need to provide my birth certificate as I am not the primary applicant (please correct me if I am wrong).

We haven't done medicals yet, but as the cost is so high, we were thinking of waiting for it to be requested before we got them. Do you think this is advisable, or should we just send it all through with our application?

I am really looking forward to contributing to the forums and becoming a part of this 'community'.

Thanks for reading :smile:Hi Everyone,

We arrived in Australia in April 2012 and my husbands employer has lodged their nomination for the ENS 186 (Transition Stream) at the beginning of March and no word on that approval yet.

Thanks for reading :biggrin: - See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/welcome/211836-hello-newbie.html#sthash.UGEwllXZ.dpuf

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reading :biggrin:

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to those who have got their 186 and fingers crossed for those of you awaiting decisions.

I have posted and said hi on the welcome thread, and pasted my message below...

Thanks for reading :smile:

I'd wait until the nomination is approved before doing anything further. From my understanding of the 186 TRT stream, the nomination and application cannot be submitted before the applicant has completed 2 years employment under the nominated occupation with the nominated sponsor (not 2 years since the 457 was approved, but 2 years since he started working under the 457). If you arrived in April 2012, I assume your husband began his job some time shortly after and wouldn't have completed 2 years until April 2014. So if the nomination has been lodged in March I think the employer jumped the gun. Before you spend any further money, I'd wait to see the outcome of the nomination.

Hi MaggieMay24

Thank you for your reply.

Oh goodness! That's so disheartening!

My husband works for a massive organisation who has sponsored lots of people over the years, I would think that they would've know when to apply. I really hope that this error doesn't cost us in the long run.

Do you know if there is any way they can withdraw their nomination and reapply? My husband will contact HR on Monday and talk to them. I will keep you posted on the outcome of this.

thanks so much for noticing this. Couldn't bear the thought of losing over $8K.

Im so stressed now :confused:

Thanks for all the congratulations and good luck to those waiting.

I second MaggieMay24's comments, transition is definitely 2 years before you can apply.

Can you clarify the date of arrival and the date commencing the role?

If it's not 2 full years, it'll get refused, I checked this with them before I applied (I REALLY wanted to apply early!).

My advice - get your HR to call immigration and double check dates. If they confirm what we think, then you can either withdraw the nomination. Re-apply after that (you will not get you) nomination fee back most likely - so you might have to cop the $800 or whatever it is). Seeing that you applied early March you'll likely get a decision soon anyway.

You definitely don't want to lodge your application now because if the nomination is refused your $1000s in application fees go with it!

Thanks for all the congratulations and good luck to those waiting.

I second MaggieMay24's comments, transition is definitely 2 years before you can apply.

Can you clarify the date of arrival and the date commencing the role?

If it's not 2 full years, it'll get refused, I checked this with them before I applied (I REALLY wanted to apply early!).

My advice - get your HR to call immigration and double check dates. If they confirm what we think, then you can either withdraw the nomination. Re-apply after that (you will not get you) nomination fee back most likely - so you might have to cop the $800 or whatever it is). Seeing that you applied early March you'll likely get a decision soon anyway.

You definitely don't want to lodge your application now because if the nomination is refused your $1000s in application fees go with it!

Hi Adaminoz

thanks so much for your reply.

I'm definitely not applying now, that's for sure! Our visa was approved on the 2nd March 2012, arrived on the 2nd April and my husband started actually working on the 11th April 2012.

If the nomination has already been declined, does that mean all our chances for another nomination application become non existent?

If he only started employment with them on April 11th, then the nomination and application can't go in before that date. I suspect the nomination will be refused so the employer will need to submit a new one. I'd suggest his HR department contact DIBP to withdraw the nomination and simply resubmit it again. They'll have to pay the fee again, but it would probably be better than a refusal. It's not the end of the world but a lost nomination application fee and a bit of a hassle to have to redo. But much better to catch it now before you pay the much more expensive application fee.

Well... The day finally came for me and my partner! After being in Australia since 2009 on working holiday visa's and 457 visa we actuall became residents yesterday..My timeline below

Nomination lodged: 26 February 2014

Application Lodged: 28 March 2014 (all docs including Medicals)

Nomination Approved: 19 May 2014

Application Approved: 19 May 2014 (2hrs after Nomination)

Total is 82 days from start to finish. I was on 186 Transition Scheme not using a migration agent. Didnt hear a peep from immigration throughout, just had the email saying GRANTED!! Such an amazing feeling.

Good luck to all those waiting and going through the process.... its worth it in the end! x

hi guys , well i have lodged an application for ens186 on 13th of may through agent and i did my medicals on 19th . I was just wondering how could i check my visa progress online . i know i can create an immi account and bring my application into the same but my agent said you coudnt do that . is there any possible way to check progress ? thanks very much .

hi guys , well i have lodged an application for ens186 on 13th of may through agent and i did my medicals on 19th . I was just wondering how could i check my visa progress online . i know i can create an immi account and bring my application into the same but my agent said you coudnt do that . is there any possible way to check progress ? thanks very much .

Oz2be, I'm going through an agent and providing you have your application number/reference, you should be able to import your application after you create your own immi account...

May I ask you how you how you got your medicals done so early? I lodged on April 10th, and weren't given any HapID to attend the medicals yet... Was under the impression that one had to wait around 10 weeks before being asked medicals by the CO?

Oz2be, I'm going through an agent and providing you have your application number/reference, you should be able to import your application after you create your own immi account...

May I ask you how you how you got your medicals done so early? I lodged on April 10th, and weren't given any HapID to attend the medicals yet... Was under the impression that one had to wait around 10 weeks before being asked medicals by the CO?

Off course u can do ur medicals before hand . There is a link on immigration website (organise your health upront ) where they will give u refferal letter with hap id .i am 100% sure u can do ut too . Other thing is if i import my application in my immi account is still gonna stay in my agents immi account ? CiaoLinkk

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/my-health-declarations.htm