7 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

I would say just do AFP. It sounds like they are just checking off final details and you should get your PR soon. 🙂 
There is a 3 month window for health checks that immi can use at their discretion . I think you'll be fine. 

I hope so, and hope you get yours soon too as you've been waiting a lot longer than most..

I did call the IMMI line the other day and I was lucky in that I didn't have to wait too long, I think it was around 20 minutes. I explained to the Service Agent the situation, and his answer was ''well you can either renew it if you want or see if the CO will request it you just have to wait to hear from them'' he didn't even want my Application reference number to look at mine specifically, it was just a rather generic please wait type response. Just an FYI for everyone on calling them up. 

• Thanks 1

Followed up with my MA today, and received below response.. Very disheartening 😞 Could it be he's just trying to avoid further follow-ups from me? I hope that's it, as waiting for 5 months is not something I was expecting! 

186 DE are taking 11-16 months to process so let's hope you will have a case officer assigned within 5 months or so.

10 minutes ago, Hydra said:

Followed up with my MA today, and received below response.. Very disheartening 😞 Could it be he's just trying to avoid further follow-ups from me? I hope that's it, as waiting for 5 months is not something I was expecting! 

186 DE are taking 11-16 months to process so let's hope you will have a case officer assigned within 5 months or so.

MA's will often give worst case scenario with regards to processing times - as you can imagine, they probably have a large clientele, of which a large portion are chasing about waiting times.

Realistically, I would expect you, having applied in March, with a low Risk Occupation to have a CO assigned at some point this month, however, it's not guaranteed, and if your MA gave you the same advice I'm sure you'd be adding another email into their Inbox, should you not have a CO assigned this month.

I'd say they are just playing it safe, avoiding further follow up from yourself, 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2019 at 09:45, sbrowne9 said:

Ah right! Yeah that makes complete sense, thank you so much for the info, it's really helpful!!

Crazy that having a child isn't considered compassionate circumstances; my partner and I have been discussing having kids, but that will put a hold on things until its resolved I think 😔

Lots of positive thoughts though, including a fresh bottle of bubbly in the fridge @Bellabonkers 

ALL ABOUT THE BUBBLES! 

5 minutes ago, nanda said:

Hi all,

Is there any way to check the status of the nomination as it is filed by the MA or employer?

Thanks.

Gopal.

Nope. You can only check status of the visa application. Not of the nomination. Have you imported the application to your immi account ? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Whites.uk said:

MA's will often give worst case scenario with regards to processing times - as you can imagine, they probably have a large clientele, of which a large portion are chasing about waiting times.

Realistically, I would expect you, having applied in March, with a low Risk Occupation to have a CO assigned at some point this month, however, it's not guaranteed, and if your MA gave you the same advice I'm sure you'd be adding another email into their Inbox, should you not have a CO assigned this month.

I'd say they are just playing it safe, avoiding further follow up from yourself, 

Hi Whites.uk Many thanks for this.. My thoughts exactly as well. Also, I will be importing my application so I don't need to follow up with him again for a long time! 

On 31/01/2019 at 11:05, Aron said:

Hi SBROWNE, 

I am not from those countries so rules might be different.

For me, I maintained my private health insurance. After I submitted 186, I applied and received my medicare card. Then I sent a mail to 457 (now TSS) visa case officers and they replied me that I must still maintain my private health insurance even I have received medicare card otherwise I will break my VISA condition.

If you call Immigration for information, do not assume they will give you correct information.  In this case, their answer was incorrect.  Once you apply for an onshore PR visa you are eligible for Medicare.  Once you have Medicare, you no longer need to hold private health coverage for your 457/482 visa.

Yesterday, the first day of Chinese New Year I received a golden email from the department as the best new year gift. I am silent reader here and have waited for exactly 20 months since my application was lodged in 5/6/2017 and The both approval happened at the same day without new request documents. My position is Restaurant Manager and I want to tell you please stay positive and your turn is coming, waiting is a hardship but life will be sunny.
Nomination: 5/6/2017
Visa:29/6/2017
Position:Restaurant Manager

• Congratulations 23

29 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

If you call Immigration for information, do not assume they will give you correct information.  In this case, their answer was incorrect.  Once you apply for an onshore PR visa you are eligible for Medicare.  Once you have Medicare, you no longer need to hold private health coverage for your 457/482 visa.

Hi Maggie, i sent a written email with my question to TSS@homeaffairs.gov.au, and received a email reply from case officer saying I must maintain my health insurance.  Yes I totally agree they might be giving me the wrong information because both my MA and my health insurance provider told me that I can cancel.  However since case officer says I must maintain, I will just do so to have peace in mind. 

2 hours ago, MV1991 said:

Yesterday, the first day of Chinese New Year I received a golden email from the department as the best new year gift. I am silent reader here and have waited for exactly 20 months since my application was lodged in 5/6/2017 and The both approval happened at the same day without new request documents. My position is Restaurant Manager and I want to tell you please stay positive and your turn is coming, waiting is a hardship but life will be sunny.
Nomination application:5/6/2017
Visa application :29/6/2017
Nomination&Visa Granted:5/2/2019

Congratulations 🎉

2 hours ago, MV1991 said:

Congratulations, was it direct entry 186?

3 hours ago, MV1991 said:

Congratssss!!! Celebrateeeeee 🤩  You were not in the spreadsheet?

Whooohooo lets go restaurant managers that have been waiting forever!! Enjoy freedom 🥂

3 hours ago, Aron said:

Hi Maggie, i sent a written email with my question to TSS@homeaffairs.gov.au, and received a email reply from case officer saying I must maintain my health insurance.  Yes I totally agree they might be giving me the wrong information because both my MA and my health insurance provider told me that I can cancel.  However since case officer says I must maintain, I will just do so to have peace in mind. 

That's fine and totally up to you.  But be aware that from the date you submitted your 186 application, you are no longer exempt from the Medicare surcharge since you are eligible for Medicare (even if you don't register for it).

Congratulations 🎊 🎈 

Whooohooo lets go restaurant managers that have been waiting forever!! Enjoy freedom 🥂

9 minutes ago, Weenno said:

Officer requested police clearance from my country due to previous document is expiry and more than 12 months. Documents had been provided on 05 Feb 2019 and do you guys know approximately how long do we need to wait for the result? 

Welcome to the forum.

Can you share your full timeline please?