1 minute ago, MP007 said:

I applied last year 28th Sep for Developer Programmer.  Still no progress.

When I called department last week, they said it's within timeline, Hence I need to wait. 

But at this point, it's passed the timeline? When you lodged that - surely it was 8-9 months waiting period? It's well past that for you now.

Or are they basing it off the new current timeline, which seems a little unfair of 12-13 months (for TRT).

2 hours ago, Madmike said:

Hi guys, been a silent reader for about 3 months,

thought I would let you know of my timeline. 

Nom and visa application- 18 aug 17

occupation- motor mechanic

country - Lr

nom approved - 15 June 

needed breakdown on police report as I had something on it,

uploaded new docs 20 July 

visa granted this morning 25 July 

good luck to all keeping my fingers crossed for everyone through this highly stressful period. 

?????

Congratulations!

2 minutes ago, MP007 said:

I applied last year 28th Sep for Developer Programmer.  Still no progress.

When I called department last week, they said it's within timeline, Hence I need to wait. 

But at this point, it's passed the timeline? When you lodged that - surely it was 8-9 months waiting period? It's well past that for you now.

Or are they basing it off the new current timeline, which seems a little unfair of 12-13 months (for TRT).

OK. My friend got nomination refused. He was wrking there frm 7 yrs frst. He was cook and he attached all the required documents u said but still they said it's not a genuine position as only two cooks were sponsored frm them and rest is front staff and other kitchen staff. They cleared everyone position on their organisation chart. Still they said position not genuine. So wht are their measurements to decide genuine poisition. If in a restaurant is whose sale is more than 50000 a week  and they sponsor cook and department says it's not a genuine position then wht is a genuine position. In her case they said saloon is running without her frm last two years so we dnt think tht they need hairdresser but whn. Smone who is wrking there frm 7 yrs and they say the dnt think restaurant dnt need them or position is created. It's two diff statement. How can smone wrk for restaurant for 7-8 years in a created position.will smone afford smone to pay smone for 8 years for u genuine position.. 

This is totally unbelievable
Wtf r they doing?
For them it’s just a video game to approve or to reject our visa but for us it’s our life[emoji55][emoji55][emoji55]
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

When I lodge my application, it was 5-6 months. As per person CSR, it's based on current timeline. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

In regards to a 186 TRT that has been lodged for 7 months now, still in received state. 

Would it be worth calling the immigration offices to ask for an update, or am I wasting my time? I am using a MA, but also don't want to waste their time, if there's nothing they can do.
- If so, what is the best number to use?

I lodged on the 9th January 2018 (Software Developer).

Any thoughts / ideas or suggestions? 

Thanks

No point calling if your within the timeline mate - they will just tell you to keep waiting.

Also, if the timeline changes after you apply, Im sure, that the new timeline will still apply. Regardless of when your visa was lodged.

Again I honestly wouldn't even take the time lines into consideration, as they tell you nothing.

• Thanks 1

Just now, boo-yaa said:

@Hex

On brighter news, we have already saw a couple of TRT 186 grants from Jan'18. One of them being a software engineer.

So they look to be starting on some Jan applications. I predict yours shouldn't be much longer.

Are you from a HR or LR country?

I really hope, the suspense and wait is killing me! 

The lodgement was decision ready and had a positive skills assessment attached, including all "possible" required forms (I over prepare), so here's hoping! 

I'm from South Africa, so I expect that to be a HR country?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hex said:

The lodgement was decision ready and had a positive skills assessment attached, including all "possible" required forms (I over prepare), so here's hoping! 

I'm not up to date on the most recent clarification on HR or LR but think you may be right. 

Don't worry about that however as its not something you can control...just sit tight....it will come eventually ?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Hex said:

By the way @Hex - the picture on your user is literally the truest thing ever lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hex said:

Also South African and yes.. It's HR ?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hex said:

I have tried the same approach and asked my MO the same question he said the same thing the current timelines apply to any one whose file is still in "received" mode.. once your file is being assigned then its on mercy of the CO...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, pzuk said:

By the way @Hex - the picture on your user is literally the truest thing ever lol

Been a silent reader for months - Doesn't seem like DE are being processed at all... 

PZUK - We are in the same boat, same job, and same lodgement date! Ha. 

DE

Lodged 21/12/17

Recruiter

LR

Status - Received. 

Best of luck to everyone! 

56 minutes ago, Airbuss said:

Been a silent reader for months - Doesn't seem like DE are being processed at all... 

PZUK - We are in the same boat, same job, and same lodgement date! Ha. 

DE

Lodged 21/12/17

Recruiter

LR

Status - Received. 

Best of luck to everyone! 

Ah no way!! That's hilarious!! What state are you in? At least we can use each other as guidelines now lol

5 minutes ago, pzuk said:

Ah no way!! That's hilarious!! What state are you in? At least we can use each other as guidelines now lol

What the chances?! Ha. NSW - Sydney you? 

I'll keep you posted with any Rec - 186 I hear about. 

6 minutes ago, Airbuss said:

What the chances?! Ha. NSW - Sydney you? 

I'll keep you posted with any Rec - 186 I hear about. 

I'm in Melbourne. Yes please do and vice versa! At least we're in the same boat - I know we haven't been waiting overly long but Recruiters seem to get approved pretty quickly so thought mine was taking some time in comparison - good to know we're in the same position!

23 hours ago, Alex Angilinwago said:

are you serious? 2015?

Hahaha alex ....i would have committed suicide by now if ive been asked to hang in queue  this longggg... ive been waiting from 15 dec 2017.... but still this few months wait is killing me.

1 hour ago, pzuk said:

I'm in Melbourne. Yes please do and vice versa! At least we're in the same boat - I know we haven't been waiting overly long but Recruiters seem to get approved pretty quickly so thought mine was taking some time in comparison - good to know we're in the same position!

Your right - I feel bad for all the people waiting for years!

But every recruiter I speak to or hear about has it back very fast! 

fingers crossed! 

• Like 1