Update - PR Granted today! SO HAPPY!

My timelines are:

ENS 186 direct entry - Application/nomination submitted 10th February with Police checks - no medical

Nomination approved and medicals requested 31st March

Medicals 14th April

Medicals uploaded to DIBP 22nd APril

PR Granted same day - 22nd April

so in total exactly 10 weeks.

Thrilled, and good luck to those waiting :)

Congrats. Seems now process time is about 10 weeks to low risk country applicants, but not so quick as to high risk country applicants. Thanks for sharing. I thought there would be no update this week, fortunately your great news is encouraging.

My nomination and application were submitted together with everything except for medical.

Submitted nom + app together, Transition Scheme on 14th Feb. Site showed 'in progress' more or less straight away.

I'm british, and am the sole applicant.

Still waiting.

Edited by adaminoz

Congrats. Seems now process time is about 10 weeks to low risk country applicants, but not so quick as to high risk country applicants. Thanks for sharing. I thought there would be no update this week, fortunately your great news is encouraging.

I thought coming from a high or low risk country made no difference for 186 visas (as indicated here: https://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm)..? (Am French, so if it's quicker, then great!)

Would anyone know whether the queue's longer for TRT or Direct Entry (if they're treated separately?)

Thanks!

Update - PR Granted today! SO HAPPY!

My timelines are:

ENS 186 direct entry - Application/nomination submitted 10th February with Police checks - no medical

Nomination approved and medicals requested 31st March

Medicals 14th April

Medicals uploaded to DIBP 22nd APril

PR Granted same day - 22nd April

so in total exactly 10 weeks.

Thrilled, and good luck to those waiting :)

Congratulations Laura! :-)

Guest nastasia

​hello, does an occupation needs to be on sol/csol list to apply for visa 186? Is there a need to secure a job before applying for visa 186?

Hi everyone, pls help me because I tried to google them but I can't find the answers.

My husband is now working under visa 457 in Oz while I and our children are in Vietnam (we came back from Mel last October).

My husband is going to apply for visa 186 direct stream so he will apply on-shore but his dependent are offshore. We want to do medical checks before logding but we are not sure how to do it. There are 2 issues:

- I and my husband had medical examination and X-ray in Melbourne last September for another visa (less than 12 months) so Do we need to do another health check. If yes, which form and which checks shoud we do?

- How can I do health checks for our children in Vietnam (8 & 1 year) (Last time we did health check after we submit visa application in Vietnam)

Hope anyone can answer me soon! Thanks!

My timeline is :

ENS 186 (Labour Agreement stream ) nomination applied: on 08/04/2014

Visa application lodged on : 01/05/2014

Application status : on progress

Can someone tell me what documents do I need to submit apart from Passport, birth certificate, Police certificates ( AFP,ACRO overseas police certificates), I am not sure whether I need to submit P80 form. I would appreciate your advice.

And Can I travel overseas after applying this visa....

thank you

Hi all,

I am a long time reader of this thread, whislt I have been going through the PR application process.

Our 186 visa was granted today :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I thought I would share my timeline, as I have loved comparing mine to those on this thread for such a long time.

Nomination was submitted 29/10/13

Nomination approved 30/01/14

Visa application submitted 24/02/14

Visa approved 5/05/14 (10 weeks exactly from submission to approval)

186 visa, 457 transition scheme, using MA, Paramatta office.

Good luck to everyone going through this process.

My timeline is :

ENS 186 (Labour Agreement stream ) nomination applied: on 08/04/2014

Visa application lodged on : 01/05/2014

Application status : on progress

Can someone tell me what documents do I need to submit apart from Passport, birth certificate, Police certificates ( AFP,ACRO overseas police certificates), I am not sure whether I need to submit P80 form. I would appreciate your advice.

And Can I travel overseas after applying this visa....

thank you

Hi Menuk

My understanding is that you will need to complete Form 80.

Yes, you can travel overseas whilst the application is in progress.

Good luck

Beck

Hi everyone,

I have been watching this thread for a long time - since I got to Australia originally in 2011. There's some great advice here and I want to share my timeline so far.. mostly because I can't think of anything else right now!!

Nomination was submitted: Unknown

Nomination approved: Unknown

Visa application submitted 26/02/2014 (including all docs and medicals)

Awaiting approval. The DIAC log-in portal says my application is "in process".

186 visa, 457 transition scheme, using MA - DR.

I am feeling anxious because the company I work for is being sold, so am really hoping that this is approved before the sale is finalised. There's been some good news though for people who's applications were lodged at the same time as mine getting approval quickly though, thanks for sharing.

Fingers crossed...:eek:

Hi all, as im new to this forum please go easy on me. Im in the prosess of aplying for my PR through the ENS route, my application for skills assessment was lodged today, anyone any idea how long this takes to get my tec/practical interview takes, by the way im a bricklayer, also is there anyone out there that has takin the test latley and any advice or tips as to wat it intails, thanks

Hi everyone,

I have been watching this thread for a long time - since I got to Australia originally in 2011. There's some great advice here and I want to share my timeline so far.. mostly because I can't think of anything else right now!!

Nomination was submitted: Unknown

Nomination approved: Unknown

Visa application submitted 26/02/2014 (including all docs and medicals)

Awaiting approval. The DIAC log-in portal says my application is "in process".

186 visa, 457 transition scheme, using MA - DR.

I am feeling anxious because the company I work for is being sold, so am really hoping that this is approved before the sale is finalised. There's been some good news though for people who's applications were lodged at the same time as mine getting approval quickly though, thanks for sharing.

Fingers crossed...:eek:

Good luck Laika! You only submitted 2 days after me, so fingers crossed you will have your decision very soon.

Beck

Hi everyone, I've been following for a while so thought I'd post my timeline so far...

I've applied for 186 ENS Transition Scheme from 457. Not using a migration agent.

nomination lodged: 26 February 2014- currently 'in process'

application submitted: 29th March 2014 -currently 'in process' all docs and medicals done.

no case officer as yet.

I'm starting to become nervous about the fact I've not used a MA as I have been told that visas get processed faster with one, not sure how true this is... Anyway fingers and toes crossed the out come is good. I've been in Australia since 2009 on working holiday visas and the 457 and cannot imagine life back in the uk.

Il keep posting any updates.

Jodie135 - nothing to worry about, although I know it doesn't feel that way. We did the 186 ENS transition from a 457 last year without a migration agent and it went through in roughly 10 weeks. The frustrating thing for you is not having any updates from IMMI, but what'll happen is you'll get an email completely out of the blue one day either telling you that the CO has been assigned and they are doing the final checking and you need to provide X, Y or Z, or you'll simply be notified that the application is approved. Nothing you can really do in the meantime except sit and wait. As someone said to us at the time "a watched pot never boils" which was a great piece of advice. You'll be fine.

Thanks Adam!

If you have been assigned a CO already, I can't imagine your decision would be too far off, especially as you have now supplied the medicals. From what people say on here (and my experience) the COs are really quick once they actually get the information.

Good luck, I hope you hear soon.