Hi Guys,

Hope you are doing well. My wife's Pte score will expire in mid of August, So we have requested proof of English medium study from her college, is that works? or she needs to retake Pte exam?

Thank you. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Roni S said:

Hi Guys,

Hope you are doing well. My wife's Pte score will expire in mid of August, So we have requested proof of English medium study from her college, is that works? or she needs to retake Pte exam?

Thank you. Have a nice day.

No need to take... Because it should be taken 12 month before to lodge your file and up-to decision... So you're one is just expiring....  

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Amit Gupta said:

@Sukha can you please send us the link of government's set rule. I am quite sure you found this on unofficial website and you make other more confusing rather than clear them. @Hex, any advice? - Thanks 

No sir... This is my case officer sent to me on 15 July 2019 for my wife

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Sukha said:

No sir... This is my case officer sent to me on 15 July 2019 for my wife

After your message, I checked my s56 letter from CO in which requested for proof of functional level competence in English for my partner. It says following: 

"evidence the applicant achieved an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening in a test conducted not more than 12 months before lodging the visa application or at the time of processing the visa application"

So yes, you are right.

18 minutes ago, BigBan said:

After your message, I checked my s56 letter from CO in which requested for proof of functional level competence in English for my partner. It says following: 

"evidence the applicant achieved an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening in a test conducted not more than 12 months before lodging the visa application or at the time of processing the visa application"

So yes, you are right.

Edited by Dhakalbinod

Hi there,

I just joined today and just want to share my timeline.

Pastry cook 457-186 

Visa applied: 21 June 2019

Nomination approved: 26 June 2019

Medical cleared: 8th July 2019

Have a nice day every one.

12 hours ago, nanda said:

Congratulations! That's great news! Have fun! Good bye to all the stress of waiting and checking.😁

Happy for you.

12 hours ago, nanda said:

Congratulations! Happy for you!😃

@nanda Not to be a party "pooper", but possibly something you're unaware of (I've seen a few posts of yours like this) - there's a "congratulations" emoticon available for all posts. 
- Using these emoticons, help keep the threads valuable, by containing more relevant / helpful information. 
image.png.4c6caa8f49c036f6a34e06f07928b562.png

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hex said:

@nanda Not to be a party "pooper", but possibly something you're unaware of (I've seen a few posts of yours like this) - there's a "congratulations" emoticon available for all posts. 
- Using these emoticons, help keep the threads valuable, by containing more relevant / helpful information. 
image.png.4c6caa8f49c036f6a34e06f07928b562.png

Didn't know that we shouldn't spend a few words to participate in the happiness of forum members rather than a click emoticon which expresses nothing. I knew the emoticons existed. Anyways thanks for the policing. I'll refrain from any comment from now on. Better a silent visitor.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, nanda said:

Didn't know that we shouldn't spend a few words to participate in the happiness of forum members rather than a click emoticon which expresses nothing. I knew the emoticons existed. Anyways thanks for the policing. I'll refrain from any comment from now on. Better a silent visitor.

@nanda There's no need to take it personal, we went through a phase (a while back), before the emoticon was introduced, whereby many people where adding posts that read purely "Congrats" etc. This started filling up the forum and causing frustration on many peoples parts. Hence, the introduction of the new emoticon. 

It's all in effort to help make the forum a better place, with valuable context - rather than people having to trawl through pages on simple "congrats" messages.
Thanks for the understanding. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, nanda said:

I don't think there was any malice from @Hex.  From what I could see, it was more to reduce "noise" so people are able to obtain qualitative information from posts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Hex said:

@nanda There's no need to take it personal, we went through a phase (a while back), before the emoticon was introduced, whereby many people where adding posts that read purely "Congrats" etc. This started filling up the forum and causing frustration on many peoples parts. Hence, the introduction of the new emoticon. 

It's all in effort to help make the forum a better place, with valuable context - rather than people having to trawl through pages on simple "congrats" messages.
Thanks for the understanding. 

Totally agree with Hex, there was a time that was impossible to find anything in the forum as there were pages and pages of "congrats"!

Also, if you really want to say something to someone, there is always the private message for that 😉

• Like 1