Silent reader here and extremely frustrated one..

Visa applied 08/08/2018

Added newborn to application March 2019

Nomination approved& S56 request 08/05/2019

Medicals done 20/05/2019

Passport for newborn sent 06/06/2019

Haven’t heard anything since.. Status: Further Assessment and last updated 17/06/2019

Extremely frustrating as we won’t get Centrelink help for childcare until PR approved. Also extremely annoyed reading people getting their visas in just a couple of weeks/months. Good for them but not fare in my opinion!

Not sure if pregnancy and having a baby mid application affected but been a long wait since nomination was approved. Would love to know if we can stay or if we need to leave as it’s not easy to stress with a baby here now too.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Benz2018 said:

MRT won 15 days ago 

Nomination approved by member

now any one tell us in how many days department ask for documents like afp, medical etc.

Hi Benz can you please tell me why your nomination was refused before and when did you applied it?

12 hours ago, Kinnu said:

Silent reader here and extremely frustrated one..

Visa applied 08/08/2018

Added newborn to application March 2019

Nomination approved& S56 request 08/05/2019

Medicals done 20/05/2019

Passport for newborn sent 06/06/2019

Haven’t heard anything since.. Status: Further Assessment and last updated 17/06/2019

Extremely frustrating as we won’t get Centrelink help for childcare until PR approved. Also extremely annoyed reading people getting their visas in just a couple of weeks/months. Good for them but not fare in my opinion!

Not sure if pregnancy and having a baby mid application affected but been a long wait since nomination was approved. Would love to know if we can stay or if we need to leave as it’s not easy to stress with a baby here now too.

@Kinnu I'm afraid I don't think having a child during the process adds any delays (as long as all the documents are in order).
- We were in the same position with a new child - the child care was really needed (so I completely understand). 

Unfortunately, just need to hold on - it shouldn't be too much longer (we'd hope). Having the s56 means they've at least opened your case and should hopefully come back soon.  

20 minutes ago, Roni S said:

Hey Guys, 

Finally, our visa is approved today, just one month after nomination approved. Thanks for your support. You guys are really great. 

regards,

Roni

Congrats! @Roni S

Who was your migration agent. 

does migration agent play any role in speeding up the process?

Been a silent reader for a while, though I should contribute a bit as well.

It's been more than a month since I've got the nomination approved. "Waiting for something" has to be one of the most annoying things in the world.

It is nice to know that this forum exist where you can see a lot of other people's experiences, know what to expect.

2 hours ago, younghote said:

Been a silent reader for a while, though I should contribute a bit as well.

It's been more than a month since I've got the nomination approved. "Waiting for something" has to be one of the most annoying things in the world.

It is nice to know that this forum exist where you can see a lot of other people's experiences, know what to expect.

@younghote Just noticed that your signature has this labeled; 

- "IMMI Status: MA would know"

Thought i'd let you know that, if you have your bridging visa, with the TRN number you can login to your Immi account and import your visa application and view the status yourself
- Login to your account, click Import --> enter TRN / passport number and a few other bits of info. 

8 minutes ago, Hex said:

@younghote Just noticed that your signature has this labeled; 

- "IMMI Status: MA would know"

Thought i'd let you know that, if you have your bridging visa, with the TRN number you can login to your Immi account and import your visa application and view the status yourself
- Login to your account, click Import --> enter TRN / passport number and a few other bits of info. 

Hi @Hex I am also on the same boat. I currently have a 457 visa and my bridging visa will kick in on 05 May 2020. How can I see the status myself without bothering to ask MA.

Just now, bsuman said:

Hi @Hex I am also on the same boat. I currently have a 457 visa and my bridging visa will kick in on 05 May 2020. How can I see the status myself without bothering to ask MA.

@bsuman If you have already lodged you PR application, you would have received a bridging visa that contains a TRN number, attached to your case. 

With this information (and a few personals), you can login to your immi account --> click import application --> enter the TRN and passport number --> click import and you'll see your application appear in your list. 

I strongly suggest, if you have an MA - to do nothing other than view it for status updates - rather let the MA make any changes etc. (that's what you paying them for anyway). 

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

@bsuman If you have already lodged you PR application, you would have received a bridging visa that contains a TRN number, attached to your case. 

With this information (and a few personals), you can login to your immi account --> click import application --> enter the TRN and passport number --> click import and you'll see your application appear in your list. 

I strongly suggest, if you have an MA - to do nothing other than view it for status updates - rather let the MA make any changes etc. (that's what you paying them for anyway). 

Thanks @Hex. I do not have an immi account. Can I create one by myself? And do import application. Doesn't this create any problem as my agent's immi account is probably linked with my TRN.

1 minute ago, bsuman said:

Thanks @Hex. I do not have an immi account. Can I create one by myself? And do import application. Doesn't this create any problem as my agent's immi account is probably linked with my TRN.

@bsuman 
1 - Yes you can create your own account, try it and you'll see - most people here do it. 
2 - No, it will not affect your MA's account in any way - they are completely separate, you are simply importing your own visa application. 

5 minutes ago, Hex said:

@bsuman 
1 - Yes you can create your own account, try it and you'll see - most people here do it. 
2 - No, it will not affect your MA's account in any way - they are completely separate, you are simply importing your own visa application. 

Thanks @Hex

Hi everybody. 🙂

Just wondering what everyones time frame is after all your information, AFPs, medicals etc have been uploaded. How many weeks are we all sitting on waiting for news?

I am still waiting on nomination to be approved- lodged April and lodged application with AFP in June, and medicals approved on 27 June.

So 4 weeks for me. Just curious to see everyones current timeline.

Happy Thursday 🙂

2 minutes ago, younghote said:

I'm embarrassed to say I couldn't figure out how to check the Immi status. All I can see through that page is the status of my bridging visa, which is active.

@younghote No need to be embarrassed, it's what we here for; hopefully these screenshots will help. 

Go to the following address: https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login --> create an account and login (if you don't already have one). 

image.png.2d72366100a6109c6c7032531342d38b.png

image.png.ae09de4d658787fe157006564909c73a.png

Then click Import --> you should then get a new item in your list, your visa application. 

Hope that helps. 

26 minutes ago, bsuman said:

Thanks @Hex

Hi @Hex . Created and Immi Account and IMMI Status Shows "Further Assessment". In the details it shows medical submitted for me and my wife. While my son's show "Medicals in Progress". We all did the medicals on the same day. However Immigration had asked for medicals only for me and my wife as my son's was already in "Medicals in Progress". We had a  interim medicare card and my son had visited the doctor. This visit happened before immigration had asked for our medicals. I informed MA that my son's doctor visit was just a normal one. He provided me with another HAP ID for my son. The same HAP ID that was generated while I had submitted EOI for 189 visa. Don't know why my son's medical still says in progress. Very anxious and confused.

Edited by bsuman
  • Congratulations 1