Hi Everyone,

Finally after 367 days of waiting I received my Golden Email 💞💫 - I am in complete shock and it couldn't come as my parents were visiting and we just finished a trip down the Great Ocean Road. I also turn 30 in two weeks so it's literally the best birthday present 🎉 I could ask for!

Nomination was approved March 9th with no documents requested. VISA approved March 19th with no documents requested. Still doesn't feel real and I think I'm in a bit of shock!

For all those still waiting, please keep being positive and don't let other peoples approvals get you down (I know I struggled when I saw other people who applied after me get approved before me!)

See my signature for my timeline. I will update the spreadsheet!

Edited by LaurenJS
  • Congratulations 27

Hi All, we get some movement...

We were contacted by CO/MA to submit "a written confirmation from your sponsor that you are included  in the nomination for EN186 visa."

Does this mean we need a letter from employer saying my families are included in the nomination for the visa application?

Thank you for assistance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LaurenJS said:

Hi Everyone,

Finally after 367 days of waiting I received my Golden Email 💞💫 - I am in complete shock and it couldn't come as my parents were visiting and we just finished a trip down the Great Ocean Road. I also turn 30 in two weeks so it's literally the best birthday present 🎉 I could ask for!

Nomination was approved March 9th with no documents requested. VISA approved March 19th with no documents requested. Still doesn't feel real and I think I'm in a bit of shock!

For all those still waiting, please keep being positive and don't let other peoples approvals get you down (I know I struggled when I saw other people who applied after me get approved before me!)

See my signature for my timeline. I will update the spreadsheet!

Congratulation!

I sometimes think that single applicant has simpler document and takes less time....

Yes Mine is approved. In-fact many of my colleagues has been approved, not sure but it was approved in a lot like 5 of us got approved and 3 of them applied in March 2018 and 2 of them applied December 2018 so not sure how the processing is working here. Hope this helps.

Thanks [mention=270802]Hex[/mention] your comments are always very helpful and reassuring. My MA told me to wait but if I was worried to apply for a renewed AU Police check which I have done. 
I also double checked my application and for the 2nd time in 10 days the updated date has changed ( yet no change in status and neither myself or my MA has touched it) very strange.... 

Hi RyanReid. Same situation for me. Is there any update on your nomination or application? Have you got any explanation from your MA?

6 hours ago, Fung said:

Hi RyanReid. Same situation for me. Is there any update on your nomination or application? Have you got any explanation from your MA?

Hi @fung unfortunately no updated. My MA thinks the last updated date may be because they logged into the account, not necessarily making changes. Hopeing they are wrong. 

Can anyone help with a bridging visa Q - I've searched but not clear on it:

I'm on a 457 that expires in June, about to apply for 186 (nomination approved).

I want to travel in April - will I need a bridging visa B to travel straight away any time after I've lodged my application, or only after June when my 457 expires?

Hi@fung unfortunately no updated. My MA thinks the last updated date may be because they logged into the account, not necessarily making changes. Hopeing they are wrong. 

Hi. Did you mean MA logged into your account or CO logged into your account?

23 minutes ago, Kaaaaaaaaate said:

I'm on a 457 that expires in June, about to apply for 186 (nomination approved).

I want to travel in April - will I need a bridging visa B to travel straight away any time after I've lodged my application, or only after June when my 457 expires?

I have never heard of Bridging visa Q!

But you need to get BVB for travelling overseas once your 457 expires.

Edited by SAJ.N

8 hours ago, HarryWong said:

Is there any different on processing time of "initial assessment" and "further assessment"? I have been under further assessment for almost 4 weeks and still waiting for golden email.

@HarryWong Personally, I think yes - these take longer. 

I've seen too many cases go from Initial Assessment to Further Assessment then take a while from there. 

Don't get me wrong, i've also seen cases go from Further Assessment to finalized within the month, however, this is more rare. 

As I always say, i'd expect the worst and hope for the best, so that you'll never be disappointed. 

Holding thumbs! 

9 hours ago, HarryWong said:

Congratulation!

I sometimes think that single applicant has simpler document and takes less time....

Well, you might be right here. 

My partner's brother nomination got approved recently even though he applied a bit later than us under the same occupation. There is no software engineer left unapproved in the spreadsheet before me so I hope for some outcome in the next 2 weeks.

Our MA said that our nomination approval will take a while as we attached around 70 documents. we had a nomination refusal in May last year because they said that the company is not able to pay the salary for the next 2 years. That is why we attached as many evidence as we could and he said it might take longer.

An announcement made today confirming the new cap changes, from 190 000 to 160 000. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/mar/20/coalitions-permanent-migration-cap-revealed-as-morrison-launches-population-policy 

Again, I wouldn't worry to much about this, as it's on par with what last years intake was anyway (162 000).

Interesting about the new visa with 3 year residency before PR though, sounds like they'll try anything to reduce congestion in major cities. 

• Thanks 3

18 hours ago, TBO said:

Hi Kashyap, 

We are on similar application - just that my nomination and visa were lodged at the same time august 11 2018. 

Would you mind sharing to me the curent status of your visa? Mine is still received but it shows action required: health assessment. Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Thanks to @Hexand @sachin1983 for your reply. I will first renew my wife's passport right away and then start with medicals and police check.

@TBO glad to know someone is on the same boat. lets hope to get nomination approved asap , in the mean while we should get our medicals and police check done so at least we have everything ready.

Thanks,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kaaaaaaaaate said:

Hi,

If you apply for the 186 visa before your 457 expires you will be then be placed on BVA when your 457 expires. So if you are travelling prior to 457 expiring that is fine as you are still holding 457 visa.  Once it expires in June - any travel out of Australia until 186 is granted you will then need to apply for BVB to travel.

If however you apply for the 186 after your 457 visa expires you will be on a BVC and will have no travel condition.

12 hours ago, HarryWong said:

Congratulation!

You'd think but there has been multiple cases of applications with multiple applications that have applied after me that got approved prior to my VISA, so no rhyme or reason really.

15 hours ago, Jennyc said:

Hi All, we get some movement...

We were contacted by CO/MA to submit "a written confirmation from your sponsor that you are included  in the nomination for EN186 visa."

Does this mean we need a letter from employer saying my families are included in the nomination for the visa application?

Thank you for assistance.

Hi Jennyc - unsure if you got a response.

Yes - you will need to provide a letter from employer confirming the inclusion of your dependent applicants.

16 minutes ago, Tiago said:

@TBO , I am in the same situation.

I have aplied in 23 August 2018. I just book my medical exams. How can I know if my company nomination was approved? Only my company has access to it?

Your employer will be able to tell you once the nomination has been approved.  Yes, only the company has access to nomination part of the application.

Hey All!

Just had my Silver Email, totally surprised! 

Thinking as I'm on the Grandfathered role I'd be waiting at least another 3 months.

This came in yesterday (19/03/2019) - so guess I won't  be a lucky Nom/Visa 1 day guy! 

Edited by Whites.uk
  • Congratulations 13

Hi, My company just received an email from DHA and requested more information.

* Evidence that the duties to be performed in the position of Field Scoper (Electrical) correspond to the tasks of the nominated occupation of Electrical Engineer.

My question is, that is it normal that DHA ask for further evidence?

If anyone can help me with this that what good evidence to give to satisfy DHA or what kind of transcript to write. That will be really helpful.

or if anyone had any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

Nomination Lodged: 4/10/18

Visa Lodged: 22/10/18

Electrical Engineer 

DE 189

Hi @sydneyishuk 

I just spoke with my company HR and The company got approved as a standard Business Sponsorship - Aus in 03 September 2018.  And what the hell my MA do not requested my medical exams early?  Is that a nomination approved?

Edited by Tiago

12 minutes ago, TBO said:

Hi @sydneyishuk i just wanna know if the status of the visa will move from received to initial investigation if the employer nomination is approved? Thank you. 

No not necessarily - remember nomination and visa application are 2 separate applications.  There has been some cases that both approved same day or CO picks up the application after the nomination approval - but not the case always.

• Like 1