2 minutes ago, Akos said:

Do you know his view on 186visa and citizenship requirements changes?

He is bit funny guy and sports loving cheerfull guy but unlike peter Potato Dutton. Hope he won’t be aggressive and harsh on migrating community like Dutten was. This new guy seems positive

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KazBaker said:

He is bit funny guy and sports loving cheerfull guy but unlike peter Potato Dutton. Hope he won’t be aggressive and harsh on migrating community like Dutten was. This new guy seems positive

fingers crossed, cheers mate.

Hey Guys,

Been following this blog for 4 years now.

Applied for 186 direct entry jan 21st 2018

No correspondence till last week. 

Nomination and Visa opened

DOCUMENTS REQUESTED FOR NOMINATION : Salary Rate Explanation

VISA REQUESTS: UPDATED MEDICALS AND NEW AFP CHECKS.

Got the medicals done today, feeling optimistic but a bit scared. I've hear that when you get a request for medicals, it means you're almost in.

Anyways, fingers crossed. I was about to give up after 20 months of waiting for this last visa. 5 years of paperwork and around 55k spent.

Number of applicants :2

Low risk country (Italy/Portugal)

• Like 7

Just now, Totto said:

Hey Guys,

Got the medicals done today, feeling optimistic but a bit scared. I've hear that when you get a request for medicals, it means you're almost in.

Anyways, fingers crossed. I was about to give up after 20 months of waiting for this last visa. 5 years of paperwork and around 55k spent.

Hey man, on the same boat here. 

Nomination approved on August 6 after 20month wait.

they requested me new medicals which I did the day after and 3 weeks later still waiting.

buona fortuna ?

4 hours ago, lucky_mo said:

ELECTION IS COMING!

Have thought that for the last 12 months, seems closer to one now, but they may manage to limp on, reckon labour will win it easy at the moment so can't see Turnbull calling an early election.

Do you think things will be that different under labour?

Does anyone here know how important qualification(s) are on a 186 TRT. I've heard that with a TRT, it's not important at all, as you meet the work experience.

With DE, I know you need a Skills assessment. I'm more curious to know if they even care in the TRT - from what i've heard, they don't / shouldn't. 

3 hours ago, Hex said:

Does anyone here know how important qualification(s) are on a 186 TRT. I've heard that with a TRT, it's not important at all, as you meet the work experience.

With DE, I know you need a Skills assessment. I'm more curious to know if they even care in the TRT - from what i've heard, they don't / shouldn't. 

I have just had to provide Academic transcripts for all applicants proving the marks that were received for each qualification    

7 hours ago, Totto said:

Hey Guys,

All the best 

9 hours ago, W4V said:

Hello guys, quick queston i got medicare card (temporary) do you guys think i could stop my pvt health insurance or should i keep going untill i get my P.R approved please suggest ?

You have to keep your Prvt health insurance till your PR gets approved !!

23 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

No you don't. Please do not post things you do not know. Once you applied for PR (by lodging visa application), you can get Medicare and stop your private health insurance. I know it from personal experience.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bips22 said:

not really, but if you keep it, you gonna get money back in your tax refund, or  you pay lavy on temporary madicare card.. up to you, if you accepting medical soon... 

19 hours ago, KazBaker said:

I think you may have misjudged Mr Morrison. He doesn't care about immigrants like us and thats evident in his comments on foreign policy. The only thing I would say would work in our favour is that he understands the economics of immigration and its contribution to the economy. I doubt he would reduce the target but he may get rid of occupations which are not as highly skilled as others/or in demand.

18 hours ago, Cbyrne11 said:

Have thought that for the last 12 months, seems closer to one now, but they may manage to limp on, reckon labour will win it easy at the moment so can't see Turnbull calling an early election.

Do you think things will be that different under labour?

Dunnno mate, you see the latest polls Turnbull vs Shorten? Up until last week, malcolm was way ahead as a candidate.

Be interesting now mind! 

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/malcolm-turnbull-widens-lead-as-preferred-prime-minister-poll/news-story/cb03f5bebb68de2c26a08040127cba3a

Edited by Parkesy

40 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

I think you may have misjudged Mr Morrison. He doesn't care about immigrants like us and thats evident in his comments on foreign policy. The only thing I would say would work in our favour is that he understands the economics of immigration and its contribution to the economy. I doubt he would reduce the target but he may get rid of occupations which are not as highly skilled as others/or in demand.

Scott morrison used to be immigration minister during 2013-2014 under Tonny abbot government. During this calender year 126k visa were issued which is still highest number of visa in australian immigration history. Based on this history i guessed he won’t be as bad as potato. But i still believe this government immi policy will remain same as before.

Edited by KazBaker
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

Scott morrison used to be immigration minister during 2013-2014 under Tonny abbot government. During this calender year 126k visa were issued which is still highest number of visa in australian immigration history. Based on this history i guessed he won’t be as bad as potato. But i still believe this government immi policy will remain same as before.

Agreed he has a vested interest in maintaining numbers but he is not friend of immigrants I can assure you!

I think we will see another challenge for the leadership this or next week. Going to be interesting!

This hasn't been updated as yet - 
"Last updated: 18 July 2018 (for month ending 30 June 2018)"

Well I just logged on to my immi account and notice that the processing time it’s showing is 13-14 months but officially its still 12-13 months.... anyway how does it matters.... they will take as long as they need to [emoji3][emoji3]

3 minutes ago, KD31 said:

Well I just logged on to my immi account and notice that the processing time it’s showing is 13-14 months but officially its still 12-13 months.... anyway how does it matters.... they will take as long as they need to emoji3.pngemoji3.png

Hi guys, on the Home Affairs website it is displaying 13 to 18 months for DE.

I logged on my immi account and it says 13 to 19 months DE.

image.png.9f8f1a8dc605cf4b27fa6ce7a408406f.png