Hope you are all right!!!! I'm now into my 5th month of waiting for nomination and have submitted the application (not with the application but have not yet had approval) so I hope the same applies to me! God the waiting game is unbearable!!!! Still waiting on my acknowledgement letter for the visa so fingers crossed that comes in the nxt few days as it has now been over the '10 working days'!!!

Hope you are all right!!!! I'm now into my 5th month of waiting for nomination and have submitted the application (not with the application but have not yet had approval) so I hope the same applies to me! God the waiting game is unbearable!!!! Still waiting on my acknowledgement letter for the visa so fingers crossed that comes in the nxt few days as it has now been over the '10 working days'!!!

The acknowledgement letter took over a month for us, but it doesn't affect your application at all as to when you receive this letter. Be prepared for it to take up to a month and a half (but might be quicker since they 'upgraded' their systems on the 23rd of nov)...

Well I'm so impatient I waited in the phone queue for an hour to talk to someone! He told me the letters are taking 8 weeks to process and confirmed that the whole process is taking 6-9 months and that would be the nomination and application combined-which is good news as means I've hopefully only another 1-4months to wait!! He also said that they are still experiencing a back log!

Unfortunately I've/we've just got to wait!!!!!

Our nomination acknowledgement letter took four weeks to arrive, the application one, eight weeks. After that it was another three months before we heard anything else. I'm afraid its just the case of being patient as I'm sure hassling them won't speed things up... I resigned myself to the fact that it would just be what it would be and got on with life in the mean time.

Hi all,

i hope anyone got any guidance for me here as I heard yesterday my employer might wind up very shortly, which would make me redundant and thus lose my application and my 457 (which my fiancée is on too) I'm starting to lose it here with the timeframes as nomination got approved back in August and have applied late August non-decision ready (which I dearly regret now) in parramatta.

I see people getting visas approved with applications sent late October (both cases applied for nomination and application at the same time, so it seems allocation for nomination is a lot faster). But, I'm getting desperate here and at immigration they are not helping at all just telling me I haven't got a case officer yet and my application is just waiting to be allocated. I don't want to harass immigration too much considering they might put me somewhere on the bottom of the stack again...

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

I received my acknowledgment letter for my visa application on Friday (15th Feb - Applied 21st Jan) which was great news! I was emailed a 2nd letter yesterday (18th) also an acknowledgement letter! It was the same letter however the 2nd one was from an actual person (GSM Support Officer) rather than just 'DIAC' and it also had a position number. Has anyone else had this or know if this means anything?

I received my acknowledgment letter for my visa application on Friday (15th Feb - Applied 21st Jan) which was great news! I was emailed a 2nd letter yesterday (18th) also an acknowledgement letter! It was the same letter however the 2nd one was from an actual person (GSM Support Officer) rather than just 'DIAC' and it also had a position number. Has anyone else had this or know if this means anything?

Hi all,

just wondering if its worth me calling immi/diac although I have applied thru an MA? Any disadvantages?

timeline: applied nom and visa together on 4/02/2013

ack letter: 4/02/13

not heard anything back as yet after that.

thanks

givemeasign

Hi all,

just wondering if its worth me calling immi/diac although I have applied thru an MA? Any disadvantages?

timeline: applied nom and visa together on 4/02/2013

ack letter: 4/02/13

not heard anything back as yet after that.

thanks

givemeasign

Ha ha laughing on the floor, sorry!!!! :biglaugh:

Some of us have been waiting 5 months, and still no news, good luck if you get it quickly :wink:

Ha ha laughing on the floor, sorry!!!! :biglaugh:

Some of us have been waiting 5 months, and still no news, good luck if you get it quickly :wink:

Hey flappychicken,

don't blame you for laughing.. As we are in for a long wait.

my question was whether it is advisable to contact diac if you have an MA? Is it a risky thing to do?

thank you

Hey flappychicken,

don't blame you for laughing.. As we are in for a long wait.

my question was whether it is advisable to contact diac if you have an MA? Is it a risky thing to do?

thank you

I tired using the MA, about as helpful as a chocolate tea pot, basically took my money and run! :arghh:

Tried contacting the DIAC there not very helpful either :arghh:

Just a case of waiting, you can try sending them a blank email and get a reply it tells you where they are in the process but not on individual case. nsw.pse@immi.gov.au this is for Paramatta :SLEEP::SLEEP:

ALLOCATION TIMEFRAMES

Pre 1 July 2012 Applications

The network is currently allocating applications for assessment as below:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Processing Centre

[/TD]

[TD]ENS

[/TD]

[TD] RSMS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Parramatta

[/TD]

[TD]All Cases Allocated

[/TD]

[TD] 13 June 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Melbourne

[/TD]

[TD]All Cases Allocated

[/TD]

[TD] 1 April 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Perth

[/TD]

[TD]29 June 2012

[/TD]

[TD] 26 April 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Applications declared as “Decision Ready” by registered migration agents continue to receive priority allocation. However, due to the unprecedented number of applications lodged in June 2012 we cannot provide an estimated allocation timeframe.

If your application was lodged before the dates listed above please explain this in your email and we will respond to you as soon as possible.

We are working through our large caseload in the most efficient manner possible and thank you for your patience during this busy period.

Post 1 July 2012 electronically lodged Applications

Due to the large influx of applications in June 2012, our capacity to allocate post July 2012 electronic applications has been affected. Decision Ready applications are a priority. We are currently allocating

e-lodged applications received July-August 2012.

Attachments for e-lodged applications

We appreciate that there have been some challenges around e-lodging attachments.

All supporting documentation for e-lodged applications however should be uploaded through the e-lodge system as they will be automatically filed and linked to your case.

Attachments forwarded by other means have been known to go astray causing delays in the finalisation of the application. Please ensure that you are familiar with the advice around attachments on the DIAC website.

Information/documents specifically requested by a case officer should be emailed directly to that case officer.

PROCESSING TIMEFRAMES

Once your application is allocated to a case officer they will contact you within 7 working days of your application being allocated.

If you have not been contacted by a case officer, and your application was lodged after the above dates, then it has not yet been allocated.

There are a range of factors that can impact the processing time of an application, including:

- whether the application was complete at time of lodgement;

- how quickly you respond to requests to provide documentation;

- complications obtaining health clearances;

- if police checks haven’t been completed they may take significant time to obtain; and

- checks with third parties to verify claims made in an application.

The Department’s published service standards for the processing of ENS/RSMS applications can be found at: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

While we attempt to finalise all applications as soon as possible, the service standards acknowledge that 25% of cases will be finalised outside of these time frames.

Hi Flappy,

is that the most current one? if yes, it is unbelievable slow for Perth centre. here was the time frame that received on 5th Dec, 2012

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=width: 189]

Processing Centre

[/TD]

ENS

[/TD]

RSMS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Parramatta

[/TD]

22 June 2012

[/TD]

11 May 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Melbourne

[/TD]

14 February 2012

[/TD]

14 February 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Perth

[/TD]

18 June 2012

[/TD]

20 March 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi Flappy,

is that the most current one? if yes, it is unbelievable slow for Perth centre. here was the time frame that received on 5th Dec, 2012

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

Processing Centre

[/TD]

ENS

[/TD]

RSMS

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Parramatta

[/TD]

22 June 2012

[/TD]

11 May 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Melbourne

[/TD]

14 February 2012

[/TD]

14 February 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Perth

[/TD]

18 June 2012

[/TD]

20 March 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Sure is sent and got a reply yesterday

Hi all

Been reading this thread for a while but never posted.

I thought i'd give the non DRC people a bit of good news. I just got a CO assigned tonight, i applied back i August so its taken almost 7 months!!! Hopefully they are starting to get things sorted now.

FYI I applied using a Labour Agreement if anyone is in the same boat.

Hi all

Been reading this thread for a while but never posted.

I thought i'd give the non DRC people a bit of good news. I just got a CO assigned tonight, i applied back i August so its taken almost 7 months!!! Hopefully they are starting to get things sorted now.

FYI I applied using a Labour Agreement if anyone is in the same boat.

That's great news for us non-Drc applicants!

My oh's company submitted the nomination on Aug 3rd non-drc so that will be 7 months this weekend.

Great to hear there's some movement!

Same here. I applied also back in August with the nomination being approved a few weeks later. I got a case officer assigned now, although not officially yet (status still says "Application received") but my CO responds to me and asked for additional documents. So, it seems that in essence CO is assigned.

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some good news with all of you that my 186 nomination and visa application have been granted. They just got approved at the same time this morning. Here is my timeline:

DRC nomination and visa app date: 10 Oct 2012

Ack Letter Received for nomination: 6 Nov 2012

Ack Letter Received for Visa: 21 Nov 2012

Nomination & Visa granted: 2/3/2013

Office: Parramatta

I wasn't informed that I was allocated a case officer. It took me by surprise when i got the email this morning. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their PR. Keep your hopes up. :)