22 minutes ago, Dale_g said:

Hi Guys, i m regularly checking your discussion on this forum. I have applied 186 on 11/03/2016 both nomination and visa but still no news. It's really very tough time my friend he applied after me in june 2016 he got his PR but mine is still nothing. I don't understand how the immigration works!!!

You need to call them or visit them in person.

Well I called to immigration twice a month from last 3 months but they are giving me same answer like they are processing still February last year so hopefully yours is very soon . Every time they are giving same answers. It's really frustrating. 

22 minutes ago, Dale_g said:

Well I called to immigration twice a month from last 3 months but they are giving me same answer like they are processing still February last year so hopefully yours is very soon . Every time they are giving same answers. It's really frustrating. 

@Dale_g I can totally understand your frustration. There are other people on this forum waiting since Feb-April 2016 as well. We have been calling the department and getting the same response. Each time they say it should be allocated in another month but nothing ever happens. The only option they have left for us is to wait. However I wonder, how long do we wait - indefinitely?

That's true mate .i have been calling them from December and they said very soon.It's totally unfair that the one who is waiting is waiting from 1year and some people they are getting in 3 to 6 months they suppose to maintain there timelines. 

22 minutes ago, Zee14042016 said:

@Dale_g I can totally understand your frustration. There are other people on this forum waiting since Feb-April 2016 as well. We have been calling the department and getting the same response. Each time they say it should be allocated in another month but nothing ever happens. The only option they have left for us is to wait. However I wonder, how long do we wait - indefinitely?

Hi @Dale_g and @Zee14042016, I wonder what the maximum time we can wait is?? Surely, there's a ceiling??? Can someone ask their MA about this? That would help our sanity immensely and help us plan our lives better too. I'm afraid my last call to Immigration was too recent to bug them again, ha ha. We've been waiting 1 year now but seeing our peers waiting from 2015 scares me. 

1 hour ago, Elliotkan said:

Hi Praveen Reddy

I think it's possible that the scale of business do affect processing time.

My friend who has recently found a job from one of the biggest Japanese general trading companies in Sydney got his 457 visa approved within just 5 days...

Hi @Elliotkan, it might be more than that - my multinational employer's been operating several decades in Aus, public profile includes 5000-10,000 staff in Aus with a revenue of $500M to $1B AUD a year. I thought that would mean a quick nomination approval, but we're waiting nearly one year now (Apr-2016) for both nomination and visa. 

If you backtrack in the forum, we've discussed this many times out of frustration and it seems random - at least based on limited information on the spreadsheet. Maybe occupation has something to do with it, volume of applicants per occupation? Supply/demand? Maybe country/nationality? Location within Australia? Some observations:

• IT/Nursing/Engineering/Teaching/University Academic occupations get processed quickly
  • TRN generally a few months ahead of DE
  • Based on limited data, seems they process 60-70% of cases per month, then move on to a later month with a few other grants trickling in thereafter

Or maybe it's luck based on the team we're lined up for and the cases they have. So much wasted time and energy on this process. In the end, all we have is today.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Izzielizzie said:

Hi @Elliotkan, it might be more than that - my multinational employer's been operating several decades in Aus, public profile includes 5000-10,000 staff in Aus with a revenue of $500M to $1B AUD a year. I thought that would mean a quick nomination approval, but we're waiting nearly one year now (Apr-2016) for both nomination and visa. 

If you backtrack in the forum, we've discussed this many times out of frustration and it seems random - at least based on limited information on the spreadsheet. Maybe occupation has something to do with it, volume of applicants per occupation? Supply/demand? Maybe country/nationality? Location within Australia? Some observations:

• IT/Nursing/Engineering/Teaching/University Academic occupations get processed quickly
  • Based on limited data, seems they process 60-70% of cases per month, then move on to a later month with a few other grants trickling in thereafter

Or maybe it's luck based on the team we're lined up for and the cases they have. So much wasted time and energy on this process. In the end, all we have is today.

Hi @lizzielizzie

I think you are right.

Reluctant to say this but maybe we should put "luck" as a general answer to who gets approval first...

I do believe that occupation is a key factor which affects their priority... Got a bad feel as mine is quite general.

Anyway, good luck to you and me and everyone on this Forum...

51 minutes ago, Izzielizzie said:

Hi Lzzie, One has to be real lucky not to fall through the crack to miss the 1st wave of approvals of a particular month. My take is "LR + Transition + SOL Skill" applicants are more likely to fall within the 6 months approval timeline.

It looks like a bus coming to pick up waiting passengers. No one knows number of seats in each sortie, time of pick up, next schedule of bus, or order of the queue which appears to get dis-oriented after each sortie and then the poor left out passengers look at each other's face trying to figure some logic behind why they are left out and someone got the ride!

Waiting patiently is a virtue!! I pray that mine and everyone's PR is approved asap. 

Cheers...

• Like 1

Hi, everyone!

I have received an information request from DIBP about 1 hour ago. I have to renew the company's accounting documents with the final (recent company accounting documents after submitting the nomination form) and also submit my spouse's English score. Now my application status is 'information requested'.
Additional progress will be renewed.
Thanks.

Nomi. : 05-Sep-2016, Visa : 08-Sep-2016, DE, NSW PESE, LR, 4 PPL, ICT Business Analyst.

• Like 1

Hi, everyone!
I have received an information request from DIBP about 1 hour ago. I have to renew the company's accounting documents with the final (recent company accounting documents after submitting the nomination form) and also submit my spouse's English score. Now my application status is 'information requested'.
Thanks.

Nomi. : 05-Sep-2016, Visa : 08-Sep-2016, DE, NSW PESE, LR, 4 PPL, ICT Business Analyst.

Wow.. this means they started processing September DE files.
I am still waiting from August[emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, DerekYune said:

Hi, everyone!

Thanks.

@Derek - Good luck mate! 

Regarding your spouse's English score, may I please ask what did you submit at the time of your application lodgement to prove your spouse's English Language proficiency? I am also a DE applicant and my agent asked me to share a letter from her B-school stating that the 2-year course was taught in English. Just wondering if such a letter was not sufficient.

19 minutes ago, syd2016 said:

@Derek - Good luck mate! 

Regarding your spouse's English score, may I please ask what did you submit at the time of your application lodgement to prove your spouse's English Language proficiency? I am also a DE applicant and my agent asked me to share a letter from her B-school stating that the 2-year course was taught in English. Just wondering if such a letter was not sufficient.

1 hour ago, DerekYune said:

I would like to update my information.

Nomi. : 05-Sep-2016, Visa : 08-Sep-2016, DE, NSW PESE, VIC PESE,  LR, 4 PPL, ICT Business Analyst.

The agent submitted documents using the Melbourne office.

Hi Derek,

May i ask The email response you received is that NSW processing team or Vic ?

Hi all, just a quick comment to say that our nomination and visa were approved on 21/03/2017 while we were on holiday.

No documents requested for my visa. I detailed all the information requested for the nomination in the spreadsheet but it appears someone has deleted it.

Edited by dunc

Hi all, just a quick comment to say that our nomination and visa were approved on 21/03/2017 while we were on holiday.
No documents requested for my visa. I detailed all the information requested for the nomination in the spreadsheet but it appears someone has deleted it.

Congratulations mate..

1 hour ago, syd2016 said:

@Derek - Good luck mate! 

Unfortunately, that part is not my specialty.

1 hour ago, Sue2017 said:

Hi Derek,

May i ask The email response you received is that NSW processing team or Vic ?

VIC PESE is correct.

I live in NSW and also my company is in NSW. Moreover, MA headquarter is located in Sydney CBD, so I thought it was NSW PESE. By the way, the email I received from DIBP today was from VIC PESE.

Maybe the MA branch in Melbourne has submitted the documents to DIBP.

VIC PESE is correct.
I live in NSW and also my company is in NSW. Moreover, MA headquarter is located in Sydney CBD, so I thought it was NSW PESE. By the way, the email I received from DIBP today was from VIC PESE.
Maybe the MA branch in Melbourne has submitted the documents to DIBP.

Maybe VIC PESE already started looking at September DE files and NSW PESE is still processing August DE files.
As per the spreadsheet@RT2016 got his nomination approved today.(August DE, NSW)

6 minutes ago, Praveen Reddy said:

Maybe VIC PESE already started looking at September DE files and NSW PESE is still processing August DE files.
As per the spreadsheet@RT2016 got his nomination approved today.(August DE, NSW)

Dude, chill out. It does not bring anything to stalk the spreadsheet all the time, that won't make your approval go faster :-)

75% of DE applications are approved in 9 months, and 90% in 11 months. You are just 8 months in.

Enjoy your life and make it less dependant on this outcome otherwise you may become nuts before you even get your visa.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Praveen Reddy said:

Wow.. this means they started processing September DE files.
I am still waiting from Augustemoji45.png

Praveen reddy 

you are waiting from august !!! Well i m waiting from march 2016 almost 1 year 1 month...lol..????

hi all, I had been following this forum for some time now. I just received my PR grant on 03 Apr 17. It was much quicker than i prepared myself for.

my details:

Nomination:  02 Nov 16

Visa applied: 17 Jan 17

PR grant: 03 Apr 17 (Status "received" to "finalised" directly)

HR country

Wish all of you good luck

• Like 2

requested info on 23rd FEB 2017.......... still waiting for a response ........ whats the longest ppl are waiting after req info??

Transitioning from 457 (Currently on a bridging visa)

4 people

Mechanic

LR country

Nom applied 18th May 2016 – approved 29th December 2016

Visa applied 22nd August 2016 -requested info 23rd Feb 2017 (renew police checks)

Have entered all info onto the spreadsheet