Hi all -- new poster here. We just got our PR approval last night!

Nomination applied: 20 Jan 16

Visa applied: 4 Feb 16

LR Country

Direct Entry

2 people

Nomination approved: 18 Aug 16

Visa granted: 19 Aug 16

Just wanted to share our details since this forum has been a valuable source for us during the wait. Thanks to everyone who has shared their info!

Congratulation!your update information give me the hope again.Because my visa application is 18FEb. I hope I can received it next week .

HI Iknepal, i am from same country and been waiting for long time. I am in nepal atm hoping to be approved while im here.

All the best to you.

Hi everyone...I was following this forum last few weeks...here is my timeline

nomination and visa applied....11 feb 2016

457-186

HR country

No of ppl,,,2

status received

Hi Guys

I have a small question about overseas police check if someone can answer. I and my wife applied for 186 in april and our overseas police check at that time was only 3 months old . The application is still in progress and may take a few months before it gets finalized. As the police checks are apparently valid for 12 months so is there any chances of visa officer requesting for a new police check even we never left australia since then and the existing one is still valid and still have 8 or nine months validity on it? Because while here in Australia getting the police check done from my country is very difficult. So we should better start working on it now if there is a possibility of requesting another police check by DIBP.

Hi Guys

I have a small question about overseas police check if someone can answer. I and my wife applied for 186 in april and our overseas police check at that time was only 3 months old . The application is still in progress and may take a few months before it gets finalized. As the police checks are apparently valid for 12 months so is there any chances of visa officer requesting for a new police check even we never left australia since then and the existing one is still valid and still have 8 or nine months validity on it? Because while here in Australia getting the police check done from my country is very difficult. So we should better start working on it now if there is a possibility of requesting another police check by DIBP.

Hi mate

Overseas police check is valid for 6 month not for 12 month only AFP is valid for a year,I knew it coz I submitted 2 times my overseas police check in between a year. ..so make sure mate

Hi mate

Overseas police check is valid for 6 month not for 12 month only AFP is valid for a year,I knew it coz I submitted 2 times my overseas police check in between a year. ..so make sure mate

Hi buddy

Thanks for your help . On DIBP website they say its valid for 12 months that's i though i should ask . Did they actually ask you for an overseas police check twice in twelve months or it is only a matter of being ready to get another check as there is a strong chance of them asking again .

Cheers maty

Hi mate

All police checks are accepted by DIBP as valid for 12 months from the date of issue, regardless what is printed on the certificate.

Hi Guys

I heard the pcc could work forever for the country where u ve never back and lived in, in another word it's impossible to commit a crime while u r not there, so a ten years old pcc still works as long as u have never back that place. This is my understanding

@aussiepr nd @mirzaa any update for you guys.. My boss called immi today and they said its under process.. Don't understand what to do its been more than 10 nd half months... No idea how long will they take.

Same here bro ...my ma ring them nd they said that they are waiting for checks from some departments ...dont understand what info they are waiting for ...allready nearly 11 months now

@aussiepr nd @mirzaa any update for you guys.. My boss called immi today and they said its under process.. Don't understand what to do its been more than 10 nd half months... No idea how long will they take.

Did ur boss ask them what team has ur application? Try calling directly to the team who has ur file. I got no news yet. I wouldnt expect anything before 2nd week of september

Same here bro ...my ma ring them nd they said that they are waiting for checks from some departments ...dont understand what info they are waiting for ...allready nearly 11 months now

They emailed me same thing when my Ma asked them about status that they r doing some internal nd external checks before its finalised.. I don't know what are they waiting for

Did ur boss ask them what team has ur application? Try calling directly to the team who has ur file. I got no news yet. I wouldnt expect anything before 2nd week of september

oh.. I don't think he asked about team.. God knows when will it be approved

1. Same here bro ...my ma ring them nd they said that they are waiting for checks from some departments ...dont understand what info they are waiting for ...allready nearly 11 months now

11 month ??? OMG I think we can get it within 6 or 7 month ;( .did you try to call the IM yourself ? It is really a long waiting with stress and expect.but almost one Year ,maybe you can do anything yourself

Edited by Totomony
Typing mistake

11 month ??? OMG I think we can get it within 6 or 7 month ;( .did you try to call the IM yourself ? It is really a long waiting will stress and expect.but almost one. Year ,maybe can do anything ourself

No mate can't do anything.. Its a nightmare .. 3 of us from sep r still waiting.. When v call them they say its under process that's it.. Don't understand what to do for me too its going to be 11 months next week

I am FEB 18, hope can get the reply this week , wait wait wait and check this furum every day .

thanks mate.. V all r using since v lodged file .. But v r hopeless... My CO was allocated in April nd asked for my partner's ielts nd after that no responce... Hopefully we get something soon

Whether they ask your to submit any document after 6 month ? One of my friend apply 10. 2015, and in Apr, 2016 , the IMMI ask them to submit other document , now they still waiting , almost 10 month .

ya same with me bcus my nomination hasn't been approved yet when we emailed they said they are doing some internal and external checks before its finalised.