Proof of immunisations - Adult

the Hubs

Hi.

I am looking at doing a Diploma and due to the nature of the course I have to prove I have had injections against the following

varicella (Chicken pox)

MMR (Measles Mumps and Rubella)

pertussis (whooping cough)

Does anyone know how I can obtain this information as obviously they were done when I was a child, I have not been registered at a Surgery in the UK for 4 years

To answer your question directly, such information should be kept by the practice you attended.

However, if you are looking for historical data, you may well require boosters of various immunisations to satisfy the educational institution you intend to stay at. See: http://www.immunise.health.gov.au/internet/immunise/publishing.nsf/content/Handbook10-home~handbook10part4~handbook10-4-11 as an example of decay in immunity over time.

I suggest you go with best guess on what and when, and then consult a health professional with particular skills in immunisation practice.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I needed this info too.i got gp to print me off records of immunisations I had and then I had to go get the whooping cough injection coz I never had that one...apparently not one they do routinely in uk ...the gp wouldn't do it as they don't recommend it so had to go to a travel clinic and have nurse do it there for a fee and she gave me a certificate for it. I didn't need boosters of anything.

Hi.

I am looking at doing a Diploma and due to the nature of the course I have to prove I have had injections against the following

varicella (Chicken pox)

MMR (Measles Mumps and Rubella)

pertussis (whooping cough)

Does anyone know how I can obtain this information as obviously they were done when I was a child, I have not been registered at a Surgery in the UK for 4 years

Blimey! You say obviously you had as a child but this might not be obvious at all, depending upon how old you are. I am in my 40s and whooping cough was standard for babies and rubella was given to girls around the age of 13 but it was pretty much unheard of for people to have vaccinations for chicken pox, mumps or measles.

Not sure if it's changed but my UK born 13 year old wasn't immunised against chicken pox so it's unlikely you were if brought up in the UK.

And as others have said you need a whooping cough booster anyway, I was given one in Australia as a matter of routine.

No MMR when I was a bairn, similar age to Bungo - no idea when they started or whether it would harm to simply have it again. I would suggest contacting your last Dr but how likely they are to have records I don't know as even if you are only in your 20s it's unlikely records were electronic. Do you have parents who may have kept records?

I recently had to provide proof for my workplace. You get a blood test for check for immunity for MMR and chicken pox. I found that I was immune to measles and mumps but had a low immunity to rubella, so had to have the MMR and, because I'm pretty sure that I didn't have pertussis - I had to have a booster.

I recently had to provide proof for my workplace. You get a blood test for check for immunity for MMR and chicken pox. I found that I was immune to measles and mumps but had a low immunity to rubella, so had to have the MMR and, because I'm pretty sure that I didn't have pertussis - I had to have a booster.

My Daughter had her bloods checked while pregnant and was told she had a low immunity to Rubella. I remember she definately had the injection as a teenager at school in the UK. 10 years later she has low immunity, it does make me wonder about the lifespan of all the injections we have and in the same vein why we aren't encoraged to get boosters for all these things on the UK.

I have friends with young kids in the UK who, when I've mentioned my daughter having the chicken pox vaccine, said kids in the UK don't get it.

Whooping cough lasts 10 years.

Just to clarify pertussis vaccination give you around 4 years. it's not as efficacious as the others in the combined DTaP or TDap vaccine and is mostly the accelular for kids, you might get a little longer for the whole cell as an adult, but still looking at around 71% effective after 1 year down to 34% after 5 (which is why pertussis outbreaks come in 4 or so yearly peaks). NB Blossom not having a go, just recently had to do a case control study on vaccination efficacy for pertussis, lots of the info for the combined vaccine does state 10 yearly boosters I agree!) :)

pre 1965 I think they assume you've had measles but varicella wasn't included, and the vaccine is believed to give better reinfection resistance to shingles in later life that natural antibody generation for chicken pox anyway.

As others have said, you'd probably be better off going and getting vaccinated for all of those here.

Chicken pox isn't a standard vaccine given in the UK and unless you can prove you've had chicken pox already, I doubt you'd have been vaccinated for it in the UK at all. MMR and whooping cough, again, its worth getting them done again here and having current vaccination proof for them. I'd not bother with trying to get proof for any vaccinations in the UK if you are an adult. Just get them re done or done here and its sorted.