Melbourne Best City for 6th year in a row

Lambethlad

Having lived in the SE suburbs for 9 years now I am always amazed at these results.

The rail track from where I live to the city is pretty much head to toe graffiti, Flinders Street station is an eyesore (IMO).

Outside Flinders Street is not much better. I think the MCG is an ugly building certainly from the outside.

There is no rail link to the airport. Drunks, beggars and homeless people on the streets.

I grant there are some nice places within the city but to be voted the best is in my view mindboggling.

Mike

Having lived in the SE suburbs for 9 years now I am always amazed at these results.

The rail track from where I live to the city is pretty much head to toe graffiti, Flinders Street station is an eyesore (IMO).

Outside Flinders Street is not much better. I think the MCG is an ugly building certainly from the outside.

There is no rail link to the airport. Drunks, beggars and homeless people on the streets.

I grant there are some nice places within the city but to be voted the best is in my view mindboggling.

Mike

People confuse the stats with meaning to best city to live. It is not suggestive of that at all but those sent by business. Australian/Canadian cities are generally safe and have park accessibility, air quality, and the like. Of course there are a host of other cities that add better quality to ordinary people, like higher walkability, better public transport systems, more urban vibe, and so on. The same comes up every year.

Of course humble migrant wouldn't come here unless it was a lot better than place that humble migrant came from.

Nothing to do with making money. Little to do with quality of life even when concerning the humble migrant. Actually recent departures are way up last quarter. That could be indicative of something less palatable as well.

People confuse the stats with meaning to best city to live. It is not suggestive of that at all but those sent by business. Australian/Canadian cities are generally safe and have park accessibility, air quality, and the like. Of course there are a host of other cities that add better quality to ordinary people, like higher walkability, better public transport systems, more urban vibe, and so on. The same comes up every year.

Hi FOC

Maybe the title is misleading, maybe it should be renamed eg"The most likeable city to visit by business men and Notables".

Mike