This is what is wrong with the UK

Sandgroper

IMO it's one of the things that makes the UK and the commonwealth what it is. One of the things to hold on to and hope that the next Royal in charge can maintain the high esteme that, not only the UK but the rest of the world has for the Queen and the Royal family. It's no different here btw, the Queen is loved by most of the people in Aus, maybe more so than the UK.

It's mostly about respect and there is so little shown that the Queen sets a very high bar that lets the rest of the world see how it should be done.

The US would be a much better place if they were part of the Commonwealth and had the Queen as their figurehead. Nobody really looks up to or respects a politician. The Queen and royal family are a level beyond that that other countries who don't have a royal family are jealous of.

All British should be bloody proud of the Queen.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO it's one of the things that makes the UK and the commonwealth what it is. One of the things to hold on to and hope that the next Royal in charge can maintain the high esteme that, not only the UK but the rest of the world has for the Queen and the Royal family. It's no different here btw, the Queen is loved by most of the people in Aus, maybe more so than the UK.

It's mostly about respect and there is so little shown that the Queen sets a very high bar that lets the rest of the world see how it should be done.

The US would be a much better place if they were part of the Commonwealth and had the Queen as their figurehead. Nobody really looks up to or respects a politician. The Queen and royal family are a level beyond that that other countries who don't have a royal family are jealous of.

All British should be bloody proud of the Queen.

I do get this.

It's the house of lords I have a problem with.

You need to think before you reply to a sensitive post like that. Sometimes it's better to say nothing. Nobody really gives a **** about what you think you may or may not do under the circumstances. For Christ sake, can you not put your ego aside for the sake of others? You can be a pathetic little man sometimes.

the very nature of "Internet chat rooms" are to exchange views and opinions, albeit a bit dated nowadays......I don't see anything wrong in stating you would rather die in the ensuing fight than be raped by another man.....I can understand those sentiments......are you saying you can't?

what I would be more concerned about is the need to announce this type of thing on an Internet chat room frequented by people who have been here too long, you don't know and are very unlikely too.....if it's an arm around the shoulder you are looking for or maybe more importantly some assistance with self esteem issues then maybe you should be looking further afield for some professional help rather than inviting comments you may not appreciate......just a thought.

the very nature of "Internet chat rooms" are to exchange views and opinions, albeit a bit dated nowadays......I don't see anything wrong in stating you would rather die in the ensuing fight than be raped by another man.....I can understand those sentiments......are you saying you can't?

what I would be more concerned about is the need to announce this type of thing on an Internet chat room frequented by people who have been here too long, you don't know and are very unlikely too.....if it's an arm around the shoulder you are looking for or maybe more importantly some assistance with self esteem issues then maybe you should be looking further afield for some professional help rather than inviting comments you may not appreciate......just a thought.

It wasn't my post that he responded to. Just thought it was very judgemental and insensitive. I read it as he was making a judgement on someone else for giving in too easily to rape. I resent that and stand by my criticism.

Well, the nature of "free speech" etc. (a common topic of discussion in these controversial times, it seems) is that you are free to say whatever you want, but that what you say is open to criticism / reactions from other people.

The phrasing came off as though Johndoe "should have" fought back or somehow avoided being molested. However, Perthbum did explain he didn't mean it like that and I don't think Johndoe is too upset by it (?) ...so no harm done.

Well, the nature of "free speech" etc. (a common topic of discussion in these controversial times, it seems) is that you are free to say whatever you want, but that what you say is open to criticism / reactions from other people.

The phrasing came off as though Johndoe "should have" fought back or somehow avoided being molested. However, Perthbum did explain he didn't mean it like that and I don't think Johndoe is too upset by it (?) ...so no harm done.

No I'm not and no, he didn't rape me. It was the fact that he said that I had "nice hands" and he wanted me to "scrub his back" with my fingernails added to the stupid leer on his face which spoke volumes about his power and my disempowerment.

Telling him, "that's not part of my duties sir" and striding out the room led to 72 hrs of absolute misery and subsequently my departure from the regiment. Who would listen to a squaddie's word against a distinguished officer? I'd been abused several times in my childhood, and this actual act of abuse served only to further confirm just how powerless one can be, even at that age, when confronted by situations placed on one by those higher in authority.

To get back (somewhat) to the intent of the thread, I think it was the first time that I saw an abuser in the light of upper class dominance and lower class subjection, and not just as an individual perpetrator. Even the wines, kippers, silver service and the splendour of his residence hadn't awoken me to how far the "common man" is removed from his class. It took this one act of his to wake in me something that I had never thought of before. For someone who was used to, from a very early age, taking orders and being dominated, it was a rude awakening, and it prompted political awareness in me leading to my future struggles through the trade union movement, for the working class

He liked you to run his bath and mix in his badedas.....he would come in whilst you did this and you will leave the rest to our imagination??

Caught in the headlights applies......most folk would simply freeze??

what do you expect anyone reading your previous 2 posts to think?.....a row ensues....for 3 days!.....and you sit back whilst it rumbles on only deciding to announce that nothing actually happened after I questioned your post lol

so why go to all the trouble of the story and leaving it up to our own imagination if nothing actually happened.....too then reveal the second part of the story now? Lol

my wife often points out post on Facebook too me.....they make us laugh.....does anyone know where is a good place to take small kids for a day out that doesn't cost any money.....yes.....the park???

does anyone know where we can get some whit paint from.....yes.....B&Q has bucket loads of the stuff???

all pointless questions that they already new the answers too but were just after some.......

"caught in the headlights" applies. No matter what PB thinks he would do, when you're young, subservient to a class above you, taken by surprise, and disciplined/taught not to question superiors, then most folk (I guess) would simply freeze.

The irony here is that PB was actually right in what he said.....well at least your subsequent actions matched his own.....as a 19 year old man born out of the care system and headhunted to run your superiors bath and scrub his back....,under extreme circumstances you mustered the strength and will power to tell him where to go (just like PB would have done) yet you let a whole load of other people believe you was somehow abused by this individual and allowed a load of unecessary abuse to take place on another individual.....I like your style lol

Maybe some of you might apologise to PB for jumping down his throat and not taking the time to walk a few yards in his shoes before allowing normal business to resume......but it's ok I hear you say......its PB......we are allowed to call him.

Edited by ali
word removed.-

The irony here is that PB was actually right in what he said.....well at least your subsequent actions matched his own.....as a 19 year old man born out of the care system and headhunted to run your superiors bath and scrub his back....,under extreme circumstances you mustered the strength and will power to tell him where to go (just like PB would have done) yet you let a whole load of other people believe you was somehow abused by this individual and allowed a load of unecessary abuse to take place on another individual.....I like your style lol

Maybe some of you might apologise to PB for jumping down his throat and not taking the time to walk a few yards in his shoes before allowing normal business to resume......but it's ok I hear you say......its PB......we are allowed to call him.

Mate, certain posters on here want to be offended. Its a bit sad to be honest. Dont want an apology as they mean absolutely nothing whatsoever to me.

gossip-2.jpg

Mate, certain posters on here want to be offended.

For what it's worth, as I explained before I wasn't trying to start some kind of public shaming... sorry it all kicked off like that, my #1 priority was the welfare of a person on this forum who may have interpreted your words in a particular way.

I didn't have the impression that your intentions were at all bad.

Mate, certain posters on here want to be offended. Its a bit sad to be honest. Dont want an apology as they mean absolutely nothing whatsoever to me.

gossip-2.jpg

Personally I thought you were being very bitchy, and given your history I'm not convinced it wasn't a deliberate dig. You had no idea of the outcome when you made your comment. If any apology is due it's due from you mate. But I'll put it down to you being a safa.

Personally I thought you were being very bitchy, and given your history I'm not convinced it wasn't a deliberate dig. You had no idea of the outcome when you made your comment. If any apology is due it's due from you mate. But I'll put it down to you being a safa.

You are honestly worse than an old bitchy women and love to be offended...man up mate..:tongue: