Anyone Else worried a Brexit vote will hit the pocket bigtime

legoman

The Brexit campaigners were saying that the EU wanted an EU Army. Everyone said at the time this was just scaremongering but there's now a genuine proposal from some EU politicians to form such a thing.

As to the e.u. allying itself with Russia - about time. Russia is one the biggest economies in Europe and Germany and much of central Europe are utterly reliant on it's raw materials (particularly Gas). It's a country the EU needed to talk to about a partnership agreement long before it started talking to countries that regularly have revolutions to overthrow their democratically elected government such as Ukraine and Turkey.

Well, I guess the original intention was to avoid conflict through trade ties. Who knows? Why does Russia have to be the bad guy? But I'll believe it when I see it.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At last nj you are waking up to this failed institution and all the bullshit that goes with it ...listen to the likes of renowned economist Bernard connelly and australias own john pilger its all on you tube .

And people on this board had the audacicity to call BREXITEERS racist ,ignorant and stupid .

THE E.U HERES WHAT I THINK HAPPENS NEXT

Germany is propping up the lot ,when the u.k leave's ....they will be looking for partners and allies with a few quid .

I can see the e.u led by Germany allying itself with RUSSIA ....for mutual benefits ,and the saving of both .

Then I think the u.k may have some problems

Watch this space

I've always been against the EU. My problem has always been the racists, the ignorant, and especially the stupid. The stupid are particularly worrying. Those who would be happy to take the UK back to the fifties. For what?

Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Leaving the EU could be a great thing. But we just need the stupid people to realise how to do it properly. I don't think much can be done about the racists.

I see because the e.u has left the u.k with no trade negotiators ,we are having to borrow some Aussie ones ...true .

It appears the Aussies have stepped straight up at the the G20 with offers of reciprocal trade deals ...so have India .

Meanwhile the Japanese are getting tough about what brexit means to them .

Thank heavens the old order is coming back into place .....britain should not have neglected its commonwealth ties

Hmmm. Ever stop to think what a reciprocal trade agreement with Australia would look like? It would mean the total destruction of UK agriculture. How can the UK compete with Australias economy of scale?

Just because something sounds good, doesn't mean it is.

Why do you think they are so keen? They have access to a large market who will buy their stuff.

What you need to ask yourself is what will we sell to these people?

The warnings seem pretty clear.

Exit nicely or else.

Japan warns UK: We'll leave if EU slaps tariffs on trade

Japan has warned Britain that its banks, car manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies may leave the UK for Europe if Brexit leads to the loss of tariff-free trade.

A Japanese Government task-force has published a 15 page list of demands from companies and warned that Britain may become an increasingly "unattractive" place for business.

It has called for Britain to avoid trade tariffs and suggested that it should also enable workers to move easily between the UK and Europe.

Half of Japanese investment in the EU comes to the UK including companies such as Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nomura and Daiwa.

The document says: "Japanese businesses with their European headquarters in the UK may decide to transfer their head-office function to Continental Europe if EU laws cease to be applicable in the UK after its withdrawal."

It adds: "In light of the fact that a number of Japanese businesses, invited by the Government in some cases, have invested actively to the UK, which was seen to be a gateway to Europe, and have established value-chains across Europe, we strongly request that the UK will consider this fact seriously and respond in a responsible manner to minimise any harmful effects on these businesses."

The list suggests that Japanese car companies fear that they will be hit by a double whammy of trade tariffs.

It also says that Britain must "maintain access to workers who are nationals of the UK or the EU", saying the European labour market could suffer "great turmoil" if EU nationals could not freely travel between and stay in the UK and continental Europe.

It adds that the financial services sector must retain the single "passport" system, which enables banks to operate across the EU without extra regulations.

The report says: "If Japanese financial institutions are unable to maintain the single passport obtained in the UK, they would face difficulties in their business operations in the EU and might have to acquire corporate status within the EU anew and obtain the passport again, or to relocate their operations from the UK to existing establishments in the EU."

Hmmm. Ever stop to think what a reciprocal trade agreement with Australia would look like? It would mean the total destruction of UK agriculture. How can the UK compete with Australias economy of scale?

Just because something sounds good, doesn't mean it is.

Why do you think they are so keen? They have access to a large market who will buy their stuff.

What you need to ask yourself is what will we sell to these people?

You are wasting your time trying to explain to many on here that individual trade agreements are not only straightforward but also unfailingly beneficial for the UK.

There is a reason why agreements take years or even decades and that is because they are verbal tugs of war. Woe betide the party in any negotiations that is in the weakest position of the two.

Hhhmmm ,countries around the world want to trade with the U.K. Without EU restrictions , this is becoming clear that it is a very very good thing this brexit lark.

Well it's clear countries want to sell us stuff. That may even be a good thing for the consumer. Probably less so for our industry.

But please tell us what we will sell?

Are we going to sell Nissan's and Hondas to Australia?

Please tell us how these trade agreements will be in our favour?

You are wasting your time trying to explain to many on here that individual trade agreements are not only straightforward but also unfailingly beneficial for the UK.

There is a reason why agreements take years or even decades and that is because they are verbal tugs of war. Woe betide the party in any negotiations that is in the weakest position of the two.

It's good of Australia to lend us trade negotiatiors to help us negotiate trade agreements with Australia.

Perhaps they could lend us a wicket keeper for cricket, possibility a goal keeper for football. Anyone else see an issue with this?

Well it's clear countries want to sell us stuff. That may even be a good thing for the consumer. Probably less so for our industry.

But please tell us what we will sell?

Are we going to sell Nissan's and Hondas to Australia?

Please tell us how these trade agreements will be in our favour?

Nissan allready sell to Australia from Sunderland

Hhhmmm ,countries around the world want to trade with the U.K. Without EU restrictions , this is becoming clear that it is a very very good thing this brexit lark.

If you have open trade agreements with the world, any industry that the UK can't compete on internationally will be destroyed.

Just think about that for a little while before you start championing wto open slaughter.

It works well for a hub like Singapore. But the UK isn't exactly centrally located.

Ah, but it is close to Europe! Possibly we could, oh damn!

If you have open trade agreements with the world, any industry that the UK can't compete on internationally will be destroyed.

Just think about that for a little while before you start championing wto open slaughter.

It works well for a hub like Singapore. But the UK isn't exactly centrally located.

Ah, but it is close to Europe! Possibly we could, oh damn!

You or the financial experts newness , don't feel offended if I go with the experts mate....:wink:

Of course they do, but all will want to do so on terms that are the most favourable to them. Ultimately both parties have to give and take to reach an agreement. The weaker party has to give more or gets no agreement.

Countries are joining trading blocs precisely because they need to strengthen their hand in these negotiations. The UK is taking the opposite tack by leaving a strong trading bloc and going it alone.

Of course they do, but all will want to do so on terms that are the most favourable to them. Ultimately both parties have to give and take to reach an agreement. The weaker party has to give more or gets no agreement.

Countries are joining trading blocs precisely because they need to strengthen their hand in these negotiations. The UK is taking the opposite tack by leaving a strong trading bloc and going it alone.

And the U.K. Is the stronger without a dought . Being the 4 th strongest economy in the world

And there was I thinking that almost all economists, banking experts, global institutions and governments were advocating Britain should Remain. Why on earth did I think that?

Because just as many said we would do better out....today the majority are quite exited about the future outside of EU now that the scaremongering has been shown to be false.

Correct, but the markets knowing we are leaving are booming compared to the last 2 years, confidence if life outside of the EU must be high.

Markets don't look 2-3 years ahead and are currently benefitting from the BoE fiscal policy and the GBP devaluation. A vote to Leave was always going to be great for market speculators.

Markets don't look 2-3 years ahead and are currently benefitting from the BoE fiscal policy and the GBP devaluation. A vote to Leave was always going to be great for market speculators.

The U.K. Will do so much better in the coming years outside of europe that is imploding and has record unemployment in almost all of the countries,

I've always been against the EU. My problem has always been the racists, the ignorant, and especially the stupid. The stupid are particularly worrying. Those who would be happy to take the UK back to the fifties. For what?

Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Leaving the EU could be a great thing. But we just need the stupid people to realise how to do it properly. I don't think much can be done about the racists.

This is/was some invention, maybe even an attempt at scaremongering by the remain group, I don't think you will find the exit group used this as a reason/argument to exit.

This is/was some invention, maybe even an attempt at scaremongering by the remain group, I don't think you will find the exit group used this as a reason/argument to exit.

There is a subgroup who seem to see it as an ideal worth aiming for at any cost.

Archived