Airline capacity cuts an early warning of Australian economic malaise

amibovered

Singapore Airlines have just increased their capacity from Brisbane. Also much more business being completed over the Internet, I know our domestic business flights are down.

May not be a great indicator and typical negative story from ABC/BBC

S

Edited by srg73

Heathy economy? Don't kid yourself. Commodity prices at record lows, China's growth slowing, about to get a 6th new incompetent pm in as many years (world record). What is there to be happy about?

Even of you think Mr Rudd was incompetent (and some may think dodging the GFC shoes some level of competence), there's still only four new PMs in recent years: Rudd, Gillard, Abbott and Turnbull. If Mr Shorten wins, then that makes five.

I agree that the level of turnover is remarkable, but apart from a couple of long serving PMs (Menzies and Howard), it has ever been thus in Australia. Of the 29 PMs, only seven have lasted more than five years.

Even of you think Mr Rudd was incompetent (and some may think dodging the GFC shoes some level of competence), there's still only four new PMs in recent years: Rudd, Gillard, Abbott and Turnbull. If Mr Shorten wins, then that makes five.

I agree that the level of turnover is remarkable, but apart from a couple of long serving PMs (Menzies and Howard), it has ever been thus in Australia. Of the 29 PMs, only seven have lasted more than five years.

I do think they should make it harder to challenge. You should have the support of the party not just elected members.

Rudd served twice. And yes he was incompetent.

Rudd served twice. And yes he was incompetent.

I think we have found a potential future PM who is very competent. Barnaby was acting PM last week while Malcolm was on his China junket. Barnaby didn't do or say anything stupid and conducted himself like a true statesman. Well done Barnaby!

I think we have found a potential future PM who is very competent. Barnaby was acting PM last week while Malcolm was on his China junket. Barnaby didn't do or say anything stupid and conducted himself like a true statesman. Well done Barnaby!

If I may quote Kyle Sandilands "Barnaby, Your a W***ER!"