Can you ever see a commonwealth free movement agreement

Liam13

No chance. Australia knows that the UK has a population of 60 million. Now obviously they won't all want to go to Australia but even a small fraction of that would be a problem Look how many New Zealanders take advantage of the free movement agreement that already exists and think of it as a percentage of population. New Zealand's population is tiny compared to the UK which is the only reason Australia accepted that free movement agreement.

As a Brit who has worked my damned hardest to gain a the level of qualifications needed for a visa I sincerely hope not!

Australia and New Zealand's vigilant border controls are becoming more and more vindicated with every passing day.

Lets just hope that the population aren't duped into electing a limp-wristed left wing government any time soon...

As a Brit who has worked my damned hardest to gain a the level of qualifications needed for a visa I sincerely hope not!

Australia and New Zealand's vigilant border controls are becoming more and more vindicated with every passing day.

Lets just hope that the population aren't duped into electing a limp-wristed left wing government any time soon...

Don't want to disappoint you, but, you might be in for an unpleasant surprise

The current leader is already a limp-wristed leftie from what I can gather.

In answer to the question, I doubt it. A left wing govt would not go that far. Even if they increase the 'refugee' numbers to 500,000, they will still control the borders.

Apologies if I have caused any offence. I am certainly no homophobe and thought the term simply meant soft / weak before doing a quick google just now.

I didn't make the connection either, but you can't say anything these days without offending someone... or something:)

Archived