Forum help pretty please

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

A huge request, but is there anyone who would like to write an article about their suburb or another area of Australia, maybe somewhere you enjoy spending your time or holidays. Eventually I want to try and have as many suburb guides as we possibly can which will include schools in the area, public transport options, housing costs etc We started doing them for Adelaide but because I've been awol a lot we only have a few. Here is an example http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/suburb-guides/45542-rostrevor.html

A huge thank you for reading this and I hope some of you will help in giving a little something to the forum. :wubclub::hug:

Just noticed you're adding the Adelaide suburbs to the Adelaide thread as stickies. I'm visualising what it will look like eventually - pages and pages of stickies before you can get to the other threads!

Maybe a new category in each state forum for "suburb guides"?

Guest The Pom Queen
I could do a few for Sydney suburbs, where do we post them?

That's wonderful, thank you so much Marisa. If you post them under the state they belong to and put the suburb name and then Sydney Suburbs in the title that would be wonderful. I will then make them a sticky. I've just copied some of the Adelaide ones over so it will give you some idea. I'm wondering if @Johndoe or @fish01 could share some of their suburb photos with us as well.

Guest The Pom Queen
Just noticed you're adding the Adelaide suburbs to the Adelaide thread as stickies. I'm visualising what it will look like eventually - pages and pages of stickies before you can get to the other threads!

Maybe a new category in each state forum for "suburb guides"?

When we have enough that is what we will do, I just don't want to create multiple more forums for now if there is no content in them.

..........I'll have to see a few.........

...........then try without the dots lol....!

...........I could do it on paper......do a picture...

...........if your desperate in a few days I'll try......

............such a good idea....!

.............yours not mine....

Guest The Pom Queen
..........I'll have to see a few.........

...........then try without the dots lol....!

...........I could do it on paper......do a picture...

...........if your desperate in a few days I'll try......

............such a good idea....!

.............yours not mine....

Thank you @Tink

That's wonderful, thank you so much Marisa. If you post them under the state they belong to and put the suburb name and then Sydney Suburbs in the title that would be wonderful. I will then make them a sticky. I've just copied some of the Adelaide ones over so it will give you some idea. I'm wondering if @Johndoe or @fish01 could share some of their suburb photos with us as well.

Not much to show in Bracken Ridge as it's attraction for me lies in it's nearness to attractions in close by suburbs and the easy access to them. But I'll do a blurb and show photographs of them if you want? BTW, we've just got a brand new swimming pool and skate park

Guest The Pom Queen
Not much to show in Bracken Ridge as it's attraction for me lies in it's nearness to attractions in close by suburbs and the easy access to them. But I'll do a blurb and show photographs of them if you want? BTW, we've just got a brand new swimming pool and skate park

Sounds good thank you. Hey one on Australia zoo would work with all those stunning photos of your granddaughter

Sounds good thank you. Hey one on Australia zoo would work with all those stunning photos of your granddaughter

Okey dokey. Busy this weekend but will knock them both up ASAP. How's about if I show attractions in other burbs, with a travelling time frame to each from my burb?

I hope it's ok to suggest suburbs of interest from us who are researching areas and have never been to Oz before...

if so I will be interested in Port Macquerie and Armidale

Thank you

A very nice town, good shopping precinct, one of the best universities, good summers, but bitterly cold in winter with temps down to -12C

Cheers, Bobj.

I could cover the Sutherland Shire suburbs. It might take me a while as I have lots on, but I'm happy to do it if you don't mind waiting for them. I don't know whether you would want me to do each of the suburbs separately or one to cover the Sutherland Shire? The suburbs are all quite distinct, so maybe a general Sutherland Shire one (where to go for the beaches, restaurants, cinema etc) and then one shorter one just covering things specific to that suburb?

Archived