Medical records

Bound4Tassie

Do you have to take a copy of your UK medical records to register with an Aus GP? I was thinking of not bothering as there's nothing wrong with us. There's very little of note in any of our records! Only my youngest has a peanut allergy ( one episode) but as I understand it she would have to be tested again anyway in Aus as they wouldn't take the UK test results.

( I have a copy of the test results from the consultant anyway)

We didn't either. Given that you can go to any doctor you like here and you don't take any records with you they really don't expect you to turn up with records. We have a regular GP near home that we use but we have also seen different doctors on the weekend and my OH has been to a doctor near his work. None of the doctors asks for records but they may want you to let them know of any medical problems or history when you first go and see them.

I got a copy of mine, just incase. I never had any major issues so there weren't that many pages, and they printed them off free of charge. There is supposed to be some sort of charging system in place if you look on line, it sets it out. I haven't needed mine (haven't been to AU GP yet either) and not even sure where they are at the moment.... Wish I'd got my dental history instead!!

I got a copy of mine, just incase. I never had any major issues so there weren't that many pages, and they printed them off free of charge. There is supposed to be some sort of charging system in place if you look on line, it sets it out. I haven't needed mine (haven't been to AU GP yet either) and not even sure where they are at the moment.... Wish I'd got my dental history instead!!

Dentists don't bother with dental history usually. Not even within the same country. I know when I've moved dentists they have never wanted anything as they can see what has been done from looking at your teeth anyways. A few have actually said they don't need any records to go on. Same between countries also I found.

Agree with everyone! No medical records needed, I was on life long medication when I left Uk (warfarin), my GP here resumed INR's seamlessly without medical records required, after a length of time he actually questioned the 'life long' decision, referred me to a fantastic haematologist and now I no longer have to take Warfarin, very comfortable with the decision too! However, Cal is spot on, if you have kids bring your red books as immunisation records are essential here and required for day care and school entry xxx

Do you have to take a copy of your UK medical records to register with an Aus GP? I was thinking of not bothering as there's nothing wrong with us. There's very little of note in any of our records! Only my youngest has a peanut allergy ( one episode) but as I understand it she would have to be tested again anyway in Aus as they wouldn't take the UK test results.

( I have a copy of the test results from the consultant anyway)

The Aus GP will probably give you am MOT anyway but I would take your daughters test results anyway -plus carry and epi pen on your flight - and tell the airline about your daughters allergy My son as an adult developed an allergy to tomatoes and the result if he even touches one isn't pleasant

Archived