Want to go back to uk but still have loans

Guest Guest 115534

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This might sound daft but what about one of those crowdfunding sites? To at least raise money for your bulldog to be sent home.

Tough times you are going through. But try not to get too desperate and overwhelmed. Remember to take time out with your partner and steal a few hours every week for relaxation and renewal. You're not alone and moving to Australia or anywhere for that matter is not a competition. Whatever happens will be for the best.

Are you serious? ? Why should other people pay. They have money, just not enough to get home and pay off their loans. Sorry but I would not be paying off anyones elses loans, they borrowed its up to them to pay it back. People start begging for money on these crowd funding things now at the drop of a hat. I would donate if it was for charity or for a sick child etc but not to fly someone's dog home!

Now to wait for all the bleeding hearts.....................

Are you serious? ? Why should other people pay. They have money, just not enough to get home and pay off their loans. Sorry but I would not be paying off anyones elses loans, they borrowed its up to them to pay it back. People start begging for money on these crowd funding things now at the drop of a hat. I would donate if it was for charity or for a sick child etc but not to fly someone's dog home!

Now to wait for all the bleeding hearts.....................

Read the post people's before assumptions are made, the parents are paying for the dog to be shipped!

Read the post people's before assumptions are made, the parents are paying for the dog to be shipped!
and if you read the post I quoted you would see that the suggestion was to raise money to send the dog home! Anyway aside from the dog, lets pay for everyone who decides they want to go home shall we!

Guest Guest 115534

Aj I would appreciate it if you wouldn't comment on this post as you have been no help what so ever, I'm sure if your parents where dying in another country it would be different. I'm not asking for any one to pay for us just maybe quicker and easier solutions. Yes we got ourselves into debt and yes we will deal with it. You have no idea of the dilemma we are in so please stop commenting and get on with your own life.

and how on earth did you get raising funds to get the dog home, I simply asked if any one had flew a British bulldog back to the uk.

Edited by Guest 115534
Add more

...........speak to the loan company....!

...........I know when the son lost his job....he approached them....

...........he paid a very reduced sum after being able to freeze the loan for a short while....

...........they would rather get something,.....than nothing.......at the end of the day...

............the best of luck.......hope you work something out....

Aj I would appreciate it if you wouldn't comment on this post as you have been no help what so ever, I'm sure if your parents where dying in another country it would be different. I'm not asking for any one to pay for us just maybe quicker and easier solutions. Yes we got ourselves into debt and yes we will deal with it. You have no idea of the dilemma we are in so please stop commenting and get on with your own life.

Kelly this is a public forum and I will comment if I like. I do have experience, I had to go home last year because of my Dads death. I have not commented about your situation only the ridiculous suggestion of crowdfunding. It has been said before you can sort your debt out after you get back to the UK, so that would probably be the easiest solution for you.

Guest Guest 115534

We would have no jobs to start with and interest rate would cripple us,so no we can't just go back and pay from the uk. My partner lost his job just before Christmas so paying any thing at the moment is hard.

Any my further post from you will just be ignored by me.

Hey, crowdfunding exists for people in need. Who are you to judge who's worthy or not? I'd give her a tenner. I wish the world was perfect just like you but unfortunately people face hardships. The dog's welfare is obviously critical too. But you are probably better than most at prioritizing value?

Edited by speakeasy

What does it cost to send a bulldog overseas? And how long is the whole process?

If (and i have absolutely no idea of time and costs)its a long and expensive process, you may find that you have to be here for months with the dog anyway, whilst you are needed in the uk.

So, if the parents are happy to provide thousands of dollars to you to get the dog into the uk, why not use that money to pay off the loans that are causing you angst before you go?

Leave the dog with friends, you can then send for it at a later date, or if you come back, alleviate the issue of having all those return pet costs?

What does it cost to send a bulldog overseas? And how long is the whole process?

If (and i have absolutely no idea of time and costs)its a long and expensive process, you may find that you have to be here for months with the dog anyway, whilst you are needed in the uk.

So, if the parents are happy to provide thousands of dollars to you to get the dog into the uk, why not use that money to pay off the loans that are causing you angst before you go?

Leave the dog with friends, you can then send for it at a later date, or if you come back, alleviate the issue of having all those return pet costs?

You are not alone in thinking that! It may be just me but something seems to be not quite right with this thread.

Hey, crowdfunding exists for people in need. Who are you to judge who's worthy or not? I'd give her a tenner. I wish the world was perfect just like you but unfortunately people face hardships. The dog's welfare is obviously critical too. But you are probably better than most at prioritizing value?

Not having money to pay back what you borrowed but being able to travel to the UK and take a dog with you is not being in need!! People living on the street with no money to feed their kids is being in need! Maybe what someone really wants is for people to say its ok to just go home and bump off the loan companies!

Edited by AJ

OKAJ

But I suspect your mantra leads you to helping no one at all... You don't know how people end up on the street - perhaps through their own human folly? Do you only recognize people in crisis when they've nowhere to live?

Banks sometimes do their best to be uncompromising when people's financial situations get dire. And everyone is entitled to have a dog and travel and expect to be able to pay their debts. Sh!T happens and sometimes your ability to get money is out of your control and then your needs change dramatically. If we could support each other at this stage maybe people wouldn't end up on the street and kicked out on the street by yet another capitalist institution. Ever heard of Spain?

In this world of high greed where the odds are actually stacked up against all of us - the only safety net we have is each other.

Everyday we all buy into the myth that we'll be ok.

Edited by speakeasy

OKAJ

But I suspect your mantra leads you to helping no one at all... You don't know how people end up on the street - perhaps through their own human folly? Do you only recognize people in crisis when they've nowhere to live?

Banks sometimes do their best to be uncompromising when people's financial situations get dire. And everyone is entitled to have a dog and travel and expect to be able to pay their debts. Sh!T happens and sometimes your ability to get money is out of your control and then your needs change dramatically. If we could support each other at this stage maybe people wouldn't end up on the street and kicked out on the street by yet another capitalist institution. Ever heard of Spain?

In this world of high greed where the odds are actually stacked up against all of us - the only safety net we have is each other.

I have not commented on how or why the op has gotten into debt, it is their business. What I think is ridiculous is your suggestion of getting strangers to pay for it. I am quite happy to help people out, but if your financial situation is that dire that you have to ask strangers to bail you out maybe spending thousands on a dog is not a priority!

To some people a dog is just a dog. But to others that dog is like a child. A major part of the family. Kelly go home to your parents, bring your fur baby and when you get on your feet in the future look at paying back your loans. I wish you all the best.

And dont take to heart what people say here. Some people might find it hard to empathize with other people.

Yes he comes from very good genes lol, but we only have papers to say he's only a pet and not for breeding. [ATTACH=CONFIG]32719[/ATTACH]

Kelly I think you are going to have to think with your head and not your heart Try to take a deep breath and sit and look at the situation -would the money spent on taking your boy back help towards your loan If it would then maybe rehoming your boy would be an option Please don't take me wrong its your boy I am thinking of We left our 7 year old Shar Pei in Oz when we returned to the UK two years ago -it wasn't the cost that we based the decision on it was her welfare She was timid and we truly believed the flight would freak her out to a point where she might not survive the flight There is a link on this site in the pets section that details problems flying Brachyleptic breeds ( its from the Dubai Quarantine station ) Sad to say British Bulldogs are among the breeds most at risk when flying We are taking our 2 year old Shar Pei to Oz in April but I must admit its got me stressed ( good job he doesn't know about it ) Your obviously under a great deal of stress so please don't take what I have said wrong its just someone from the outside looking in

I have not commented on how or why the op has gotten into debt, it is their business. What I think is ridiculous is your suggestion of getting strangers to pay for it. I am quite happy to help people out, but if your financial situation is that dire that you have to ask strangers to bail you out maybe spending thousands on a dog is not a priority!

You seem to miss the link between disagreeing with something and repeatedly thinking anyone gives a damn why? You've stated you disagree. And all your exclamation marks and indignant sentiments ain't going to change the fact that I personally would donate a tenner to keep a dog with its family. It's a stretch to say I was suggesting particular "strangers" should "bail" particular strangers out, but that crowdfunding is a request made in good faith by people in need (there are many types of need) and many people give to many different causes. What others find a more worthy cause, they will donate to. That is the legitimacy of the program.

I can see you're probably not of my generation who gets this generosity in good faith stuff?

If I was insisting that you personally bail someone out you consider a mere stranger even though you disagreed with it, then I could understand the need to be a pain in the a$$

Guest Guest 115534

I've stopped stressing for now. I sympathise with you I too have been going through tough times for,the past 3 years. Partner got made redundant twice,had to live on 1 low income and worried about how we where going to pay rent, cover bills and feed ourselves. I lost a parent to cancer and had to sell my motorbike to get Home etc. unfortunately life still goes on and we have to deal with it.

all we can do now is put money aside to get my partner home if something happens to his mom and try to pay the loans offs as quick as possible. We definitely be moving back to uk at some point as Australia just seems to just screw us over continually .

I really hope you find a solution

Sometimes sh!t just happens

Some posters should take a breath and not bother to reply and move on

I do that all the time now

Don't forget life is not perfect for everyone

I've had many tough times in the past nearly lost our house struggled to feed our children

I do this with this site now, I posted a thread to find out why people had moved or wanted to move to Australia, I got slated by trolls, never again have I posted something as a thread to give them satisfaction.

I do this with this site now, I posted a thread to find out why people had moved or wanted to move to Australia, I got slated by trolls, never again have I posted something as a thread to give them satisfaction.

I suppose in a public forum it will always be the case that you get a number of unhelpful responses. Most on this thread, to be fair, have tried to be helpful and supportive.

My only suggestion is to use and respond to the helpful ones and ignore the others.