Which Visa is best for ....

Paul Robinson

Hi

Really hoping someone can give me some guidance.

I hold a Permanent Residency Visa for Australia and now want to bring my grown up children (25 and 21) over here. They can get the working holiday visa, but I would prefer to get them a longer term or permanent visa.

Which ones can we apply for and which are best suited.

They will be living with me and eventually be out looking for work.

Thanks in advance

They will both need to be eligible for PR in own right - by skilled migration or employer sponsorship.

A WHV would be a good place to start but unless have qualifications and occupation on at least CSOL they may not be able to stay.

Best to speak to a registered migration agent to run through their options.

Hi Paul, sadly not, unless you included them on your original PR visa application?

Thanks Isabel

I tried to, but they were not classed as "Dependent" at that time.

So their best route is a Working Holiday Visa, then try to get a Sponsored Working Visa to stay longer?

If you did not include them as your dependants on your PR application they must now qualify in their own right through marriage/partnership or career.

So a WHV visa is the only option and IF they have qualifications and experience in an area of need and they can find a sponsor..they might be able to stay longer.

Thanks Isabel

So their best route is a Working Holiday Visa, then try to get a Sponsored Working Visa to stay longer?

no problem, what have they been working as? If it's not a "skilled" occupation they may not be able to obtain sponsorship?

no problem, what have they been working as? If it's not a "skilled" occupation they may not be able to obtain sponsorship?

They are both in a Skilled job, one as IT Support and the other as an Ambulance Driver/Technician, but both of them will not have enough experience to get an Independent Skilled Sponsor visa yet. Which is why i think they have more chance of getting the longer term sponsored visa once they are out here.

They are both in a Skilled job, one as IT Support and the other as an Ambulance Driver/Technician, but both of them will not have enough experience to get an Independent Skilled Sponsor visa yet. Which is why i think they have more chance of getting the longer term sponsored visa once they are out here.

With the amount of connections you have in and around Erinsborough, can't you pull a few strings? At least get them some casual work at Lassiters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Isabel

to be sponsored, they would need an occupation on one of the skilled lists. There are lots of IT roles on the lists, though ambulance tech is not. Paramedic is, but getting sponsored even as a paramedic is notoriously hard.

A subsequent question.

If they come out on working holiday visa's, move onto work sponsored visa's.

Is there a route to then gain PR ?

It is possible but it's all very uncertain.

First off, you're assuming they'll manage to get a work sponsored visa while they're here on their WHV. Although you'll find people who've done it, it's not as common as you think. For an employer, sponsoring someone even on a temp visa is a lot of work, and they would always rather hire a local person unless they're really stuck. So yes it is possible but I wouldn't bank on it.

A subsequent question.

If they come out on working holiday visa's, move onto work sponsored visa's.

Is there a route to then gain PR ?

Thanks in advance

Anxious Dad

To be sponsored, their occupation would still need to be on one of the occupation lists. The one in IT might have a chance (small, but a chance if he can find an occupation on one of the lists). The other no chance as their occupation isn't

Archived