The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

Oh yes...bulbs do wonderfully well here. They are also one of the few groups of plants which wallabies and possums don't eat in my garden. :rolleyes: Although my crocus mysteriously disappeared last spring. :err:

Maybe rabbits? Up by the Devonport lighthouse there are hundreds of rabbits. Looks like a fair percentage are domestic escapees as they are black and white and also some pure white ones. My dog Harry would love to get a hold of them :wideeyed: but I keep him on the lead up there as he would disappear into the bushes never to be seen for hours. When he's in hunting mode he goes deaf to all my calls for him to come back. :mad:

Yes, possibly rabbits...we do have some around here. One year on my birthday one of the cats brought one inside - alive. :smile: I'm planting the crocus in pots this year and putting them in the cat-fenced area at the back which should be hoppy-animal proof.

Yes, 5 mm in my rain gauge this morning. According to the Soil Dryness Index we need 6 inches of rain before the soil becomes saturated. Preferably from the west....so it would fill up the dams on the way.:rolleyes:

Yes, 5 mm in my rain gauge this morning. According to the Soil Dryness Index we need 6 inches of rain before the soil becomes saturated. Preferably from the west....so it would fill up the dams on the way.:rolleyes:

The state government don't seem to be handling the water crisis very well :nah:

After yesterday's day of rain and wind, it's lovely today. This is a photo of a local doggy park. Not a dog to be seen and I think my one is way in the distance somewhere. There's a doggy beach on the other side of the road so that's where they probably all are.

009.jpg

009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking forward to the typically Scottish summer weather at the end of June! :smile:

Last winter was a really cold one! I hadn't ever worn a woolly hat, gloves and scarf in Australia 'til last year. Aye, it made me feel right at home. :cute:

Will you be OK down in Tassie Jock? apparently it's going to be a cold wet and windy weekend, temperatures are going to drop below 20c for a while :elvis:

t's set to be a cold, windy and wet weekend for Tasmania, making outdoor activities take a firm back seat.

Ahead of a strong frontal system, rain and showers are likely to be seen from Friday afternoon over the west of the island, where weekend rainfall totals will likely be the highest. Northwesterly winds are also set to become gusty tomorrow.

Rainfall should envelop the island into Saturday as the system rapidly moves eastward, and showers and wind begin to ease in the west.

Daytime temperatures should also drop below 20 degrees in the west on Friday, with these conditions spreading to Hobart on Saturday.

Cold, wet and windy conditions should begin to ease for the island early next week, although temperatures will be slow to recover as isolated showers persist.

Cold fronts and the weather they bring are certainly not anomalous for Tasmania. With one day to go until the end of March, frontal rain has thus far significantly contributed to the 101.8mm seen in Strahan in the west, and the 17mm for Hobart in the east.

However much rainfall does actually fall over Hobart this weekend, it's set to be an indoorsy kind of time. Maybe head out to a museum or art exhibition, or simply stay at home in front of the fire, relaxing with a good book.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/read-a-book-and-sip-your-tea-this-weekend-in-tasmania/480742

Will you be OK down in Tassie Jock? apparently it's going to be a cold wet and windy weekend, temperatures are going to drop below 20c for a while :elvis:

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/read-a-book-and-sip-your-tea-this-weekend-in-tasmania/480742

The west coast could have done with the 100.8mm when there were bushfires not so long ago!

I'm looking forward to a good change in the weather. I've had enough of the warm weather - roll on winter. :smile:

Well, the weather has been glorious all weekend @amibovered ............... hardly a cloud in the sky and 20C. Took a walk this morning along Bells Parade, Latrobe then over the little bridge to Pig Island. Nobody else there, just me and my dog - very quiet, just the sound of birds singing .................... one of those glad to be alive days :smile:

Well, the weather has been glorious all weekend @amibovered ............... hardly a cloud in the sky and 20C. Took a walk this morning along Bells Parade, Latrobe then over the little bridge to Pig Island. Nobody else there, just me and my dog - very quiet, just the sound of birds singing .................... one of those glad to be alive days :smile:

Sounds lovely Jock, been nice here too, spring has sprung for us, winter is waiting for you :wink: