The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

11 hours ago, Toots said:

No, I missed the thunder - sound asleep.  😄

Today is beautiful.  Not a cloud in the sky.

We should have been flying to Hobart tomorrow , I had booked some great houses to stay in 😢

Edited by Drumbeat
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Winter is definitely here now.

Today:                       Min:    4             Max:       14           Sunny

Saturday:                Min:     3           Max:         11            Sunny

Sunday:                   Min:     3             Max:       12            Sunny

Monday:                  Min:     6            Max:        13            Sunny

Tuesday:                 Min:      9             Max:       13            Sunny

Wednesday:           Min:     8            Max:         13            Sunny

Thursday:               Min:     7             Max:         13            Sunny

Friday:                     Min:      7           Max:           13            Sunny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today:                       Min:    7            Max:       13         Sunny

Sunday:                   Min:     5            Max:        14         Sunny

Monday:                  Min:     3            Max:       14          Sunny

Tuesday:                  Min:     3             Max:       11        Sunny

Wednesday:           Min:      6             Max:      11         Sunny

Thursday:               Min:      7              Max:     12         Overcast

Friday:                      Min:      6              Max      12          Showers

Saturday:               Min:       6              Max:      12          Showers

49 minutes ago, libbye said:

You're doing much better than here in Ballarat Victoria.  Horrible weather, cold and raining made all the worse by restrictions.

How are you Libby?  I think winter in inland Australia is usually a bit on the chillier side and doesn't Ballarat get hot in the summer?  I don't mind the cold weather but I totally dislike cold AND damp weather. 

Tasmania is almost back to normal with most restriction eased.  Easier to do here being an island.  Border may open later in the month.

Are  you settling in now you have returned?

Have settled back very well and made the right decision to come to Victoria where one of my daughter's lives.  When I was trying to decide what the best decision for me should be I was in a dark place after Roger's death.  My mind was all over the place and I made some stupid choices but 2 years on life is kinder and being near my family was certainly the right way to go. People told me not to make any decisions for at least a year and in hindsight (wonderful word) I should have listened.  I am a lucky person in many ways and appreciate the path I finally chose. We spent 2 weeks touring Tasmania which was wonderful and  loved it.  The scenery stunning and most of all people were friendly and helpful.  I can see why you love it. We really want to come again and see more but with the way things are right now it will have to wait.  I hope all of you are fit and well and if you have elderly relatives they are safe.  What a terrible time it is and not over yet but I guess it's history repeating itself.  All the best to all your readers.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Looks beautiful despite being cold.  Ballarat Victoria had flurries of snow this morning but nothing settled.  Really cold but sun trying to come through.  Keep warm everyone. Have to say I do miss a warm cosy woodburner.  Rented house only has gas heating which sends me to sleep!

Mild sunny day here.  No wind at all.  Just come back from a walk with our dog.  These are a couple of off the beaten track walks we enjoy.  The seagulls enjoy having the beach to themselves.  All we could hear were the birds twittering and singing.  When we go early in the mornings we see plenty of wallabies and rabbits but no sign of them later on.

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Heading4Tassie said:

Lovely pictures @Toots big difference between the North and the South this week weather wise it seems, though the pics of the South snowy scenes look beautiful too. 😊

I think you are heading for Launceston?  Launceston also had a snowfall.  First proper snow in 50 years.  It was gone by midday.  Photo taken last night. Totally different weather where we live but we are at sea level close to the Bass Strait.

snow launceston.jpg

9 hours ago, Toots said:

I think you are heading for Launceston?  Launceston also had a snowfall.  First proper snow in 50 years.  It was gone by midday.  Photo taken last night. Totally different weather where we live but we are at sea level close to the Bass Strait.

Another lovely pic, bet that was a bit of a shock after 50 years. Yes Toots Launceston will be our starting point been researching lots from here and have visited various areas before but we are still open to where we will end up. We want more rural than city but acess to city for work. At the moment we would take anywhere in Tassie over being stuck here. The North coast looks beautiful and some great rural areas up there too if we could get work we are very open minded.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Skani said:

I dunno, Bob...looks pretty normal to me.  Boring sameness on the mainland and all lively activity  in Tassie.  😀

Ho hum, 32C for downtown Ball Bay, with fluffy white cumulous clouds studding a brilliant blue sky.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Ho hum, 32C for downtown Ball Bay, with fluffy white cumulous clouds studding a brilliant blue sky.

Cheers, Bobj.

..................  but you don't mind hot weather Bob.  Anything over 25 is too warm for me.  Much prefer the cooler climate.

It was lovely first thing this morning then the wind got up followed by a  downpour.  Now the sun is shining again.  I don't think we get settled weather until later this month.

1 hour ago, Bobj said:

Cheers, Bobj.

I'm with Toots - 25 is my upper limit.   I get the grumps above that.   Guess that's why we're here and you're there.  😀

On 05/08/2020 at 14:34, Toots said:

Mild sunny day here.  No wind at all.  Just come back from a walk with our dog.  These are a couple of off the beaten track walks we enjoy.  The seagulls enjoy having the beach to themselves.  All we could hear were the birds twittering and singing.  When we go early in the mornings we see plenty of wallabies and rabbits but no sign of them later on.

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Where is this? I’m looking for some new places to walk the pooches :)