PR dilemma! WHV at the moment. Is 3 a crowd?

FutureAussie2015

Just spoke to our agent we have 65 without the IELTS. If we scored sufficient english we would have 75 points, if we scored superior english we would have 85 points :) 25-32 = 30 points! 8-10 years in his trade post = 20 points, trade qualifications = 10 points, wife with a job on SOL = 5 points so 65 points without IELTS! 75 if he scores proficient english, 85 for superior english. As you can see we are well entitled to a PR application! I think we'll even go ahead without sitting the IELTS, or maybe just get the extra points because we can ;)

You missed the 'sorry for being rude and thank you for making me double check so stopping me from losing my entire visa application fee for over claiming points' off your post.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just spoke to our agent we have 65 without the IELTS. If we scored sufficient english we would have 75 points, if we scored superior english we would have 85 points :) 25-32 = 30 points! 8-10 years in his trade post = 20 points, trade qualifications = 10 points, wife with a job on SOL = 5 points so 65 points without IELTS! 75 if he scores proficient english, 85 for superior english. As you can see we are well entitled to a PR application! I think we'll even go ahead without sitting the IELTS, or maybe just get the extra points because we can ;)

So you maybe forgot this from your previous post No we don't need to take the IELTS test as we are both UK citizens with masters degrees and we also have 75 points.

What an attitude you have, you will have to learn to be less of a spoilt brat if you have a child, dont want 2 the same, remember the saying, like mother like daughter!

Has something changed? I thought you could only receive 20 points for work experience if you completed 8 plus years working in Australia? (No doubt you and your agent are correct about this too though)

hoping in here..

To get your 5 points I thought you had to have a skill in the same SOL as your partner. so unless your trade is the same and has also been assessed, you are down to 60 points. And as GetMEDownUnder said, you only get 20 points if you did the 8 years in AUS - so that takes it down to max of 15 (assuming you have been assessed) so that only gives you 55 points - without IELTS.. But I could be mistaken here...

A partner can assist with 5 points if they:

• were under 50 years of age at the time of the application;
  • had at least competent English (prescribed passport holder or 6 in all 4 IELTS modules);
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as the main applicant’s nominated occupation (can’t mix and match with SOL and CSOL);
  • have been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation (formal assessment).

The 20 points from work experience would only be able to be claimed if there is a full 1 year Australian work experience, which would almost be impossible to gain on a 1 year WHV.

Your agent is informing you incorrectly.

Sorry, asked this before, but have you already submitted and passed your skills assessment?

A bit all too common I'm afraid. Immigration really needs to be taken under control in this country. Road to ruin.

Hey Flag... totally off post, but I a getting worried that you and I are agreeing on so many things recently.... am I really becoming a old fart or are you softening at the edges a bit?? Our old adversity seems to be sliding into the sunset .... slowly!

Well @FutureAussie2015, with your superior and know it all attitude, why don't you just go ahead and apply for everything you want and ignore all the good advice you are getting on PIO. You obviously weren't sure of yourself when you initially posted on this forum, so why are you now ignoring the advice that people who have great knowledge and experience are giving you? Hopefully the "agent" you are quoting is a registered MARA Agent and not one of the freeby unregistered ones you can email online, because when your visa route to PR in Australia goes pear-shaped, you sure will need the backing of a registered MARA Agent. Also you need to be aware that DIBP and many Migration Agents (registered and otherwise) monitor sites like these. Your situation will surely stand out and your attitude certainly does. As someone else on here has already said.... so hope you never become my neighbour.

Hey Flag... totally off post, but I a getting worried that you and I are agreeing on so many things recently.... am I really becoming a old fart or are you softening at the edges a bit?? Our old adversity seems to be sliding into the sunset .... slowly!

I'm afraid ran out of ammo and just reloading. Any more niceties I'm afraid I'll be required to take to you with a firm hand.

Sorry folks didn't mean to lead the post astray, but Flag and I go back a long way with not seeing eye to eye, and suddenly we seem to!

But back to the original thread, I see that the OP has gone silent. Probably for the best, but I do hope she reflects on her comments and attitude, and from that reflection learns something from the comments and advice that she has been given, or she is going to face-plant the floor very painfully some time soon! :wink:

Archived