Moving to perth😃

Danwright1986

Hi everybody, I'm new to this site. My cousin sent me the link. After years of decision making we have finally decided we would like to love to jundaloop in Perth where we have family and close friends. We've never been but we are just taking the leap as they did. We won't be looking for accommodation as we will be living with family for the first couple of months. After a very hard year and my partner becoming unwell we have decided that this is our chance to be happy! I'm looking to know the basics of everything we would need to sort out and the cheapest way possible of doing so. So there's myself (30) partner (28) and two children (7yrs ) and baby (6months) - 2 boys.. I'm getting back to work so I know this will take around a year or more.. Please any help is massively appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you lot thanks ??

Which bit are you looking for help on? The more soecific you can be the more people can help. Is it the visa, job hunting, schools etc?

As for being as cheap as possible, well there is nothing cheao about migrating to be honest, although some will manage it on less than others.

Hi, where can I find this out please?

Where can you find out what? You say you are five months into the process so obviously you have made a good start. Can you tell us a bit more about what you have done so far.

Hi, where can I find this out please?

If you already have friends in Joondalup they should be able to tell you what they had to go through. If you are 5 months into the process you should be at the stage where you know exactly what you need to be able to get a visa. When we applied the embassy was still open in Manchester and they had a very simple form that gave you summation of how many points you would get and whether that would get you a visa. If you didn't make the points they made it very clear that you would be wasting money and time applying.

Guest guest30085
Where can you find out what? You say you are five months into the process so obviously you have made a good start. Can you tell us a bit more about what you have done so far.

Hi Bungo, I think the OP means she's five months into recovering from the birth of her baby.

Hi Danwright

What is your and your partners occupation and any qualifications please?

The first thing to check is whether you qualify for any of the visas, if you let us know your or your partners work experience and quals then posters maybe able to help more and point you in the direction of where to have your skills assessed.

Hi, my partner was diagnosed with postpartum psychosis, this is birth related and caused her to be hospitalised. However each women admitted for this does make a full recovery. I am a carpet fitter of 13yrs, NVQ lvl 2 but I am a lot more experienced than that says. I've been self employed for 10 yrs and I have the option to be assessed to get my lvl 3. My partner has done hairdressing for 11 years but she only has NVQ lvl 2 also.. Could we still be assessed with these qualifications?

Hi, my partner was diagnosed with postpartum psychosis, this is birth related and caused her to be hospitalised. However each women admitted for this does make a full recovery. I am a carpet fitter of 13yrs, NVQ lvl 2 but I am a lot more experienced than that says. I've been self employed for 10 yrs and I have the option to be assessed to get my lvl 3. My partner has done hairdressing for 11 years but she only has NVQ lvl 2 also.. Could we still be assessed with these qualifications?

I don't see your occupation on the skilled occupation list SOL or the consolidated skilled occupation list CSOL? Have you checked those yet, maybe I just missed it as I only looked quickly. If the occupation is not on the lists then it would not be eligible.

Hairdresser is on the CSOL, but I think level 2 qualifications might not be enough, sometimes work experience can substitute for qualifications but that depends on occupation and I don't know how it works for hairdresser. The other thing is that this occupation requires state sponsorship and only Tasmania and Northen Territory are sponsoring at the moment. Tasmania usually requires a job offer before they will sponsor too and NT might as well.

So overall, not looking too promising to be honest. I would therefore suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for a fuller assessment of your chances.

I don't see your occupation on the skilled occupation list SOL or the consolidated skilled occupation list CSOL? Have you checked those yet, maybe I just missed it as I only looked quickly. If the occupation is not on the lists then it would not be eligible.

Hairdresser is on the CSOL, but I think level 2 qualifications might not be enough, sometimes work experience can substitute for qualifications but that depends on occupation and I don't know how it works for hairdresser. The other thing is that this occupation requires state sponsorship and only Tasmania and Northen Territory are sponsoring at the moment. Tasmania usually requires a job offer before they will sponsor too and NT might as well.

So overall, not looking too promising to be honest. I would therefore suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for a fuller assessment of your chances.

Ok thank hank you for your help. I'll check that out soon, We are very greatful.

I am a carpet fitter of 13yrs, NVQ lvl 2 but I am a lot more experienced than that says. I've been self employed for 10 yrs and I have the option to be assessed to get my lvl 3. My partner has done hairdressing for 11 years but she only has NVQ lvl 2 also.. Could we still be assessed with these qualifications?

Dan, welcome to the forums. Reading your posts, I wonder if you're aware that being good at your job isn't enough? In order to migrate, one of you (not both) MUST have a job that's on the list of occupations Australia accepts, AND meet certain standards of qualifications and experience. If you can't meet those requirements, you can't migrate, end of story. So that is definitely the first thing you must work out - there's simply no point doing anything else until you establish that.

I would also suggest having a word with a migration agent - someone like @wrussell or @Alan Collett on these forums, both registered agents. An agent's fees are not cheap, but when you consider how much you're going to invest in the whole migration process, it's a small extra price to pay for peace of mind. Especially as your wife hasn't been well and that may mean you'll have to handle most of it by yourself. Good luck!

I would not get too excited about oz especially Perth at the moment economy pretty miserable.

Your comments on Perths economy would be about as much use as me commenting on what it's like in Newbury at the moment Kirk. Just about zero relevance and knowledge.

Your comments on Perths economy would be about as much use as me commenting on what it's like in Newbury at the moment Kirk. Just about zero relevance and knowledge.
experience of living in perth zero points but knowledge 100 points you should know me by now only go on facts not fiction.

I would not get too excited about oz especially Perth at the moment economy pretty miserable.

you've been saying this for at least 7 years??? If I'd have listened to you when you called me foolish for moving to Perth with 5k I'd have missed out on some of the best years of my life and wouldn't have what I have now. I'd still be struggling to keep my head above water in the UK...sometimes experience on the ground is the only valid input.

experience of living in perth zero points but knowledge 100 points you should know me by now only go on facts not fiction.

Where do you get your "facts" Kirk? Not off here I hope. Hard to say what any place is really like unless you live there. Wouldn't even believe the press these days, if they can't pull a story from someones facebook page or a tweet then they hardly bother to do any investigative journalism themselves. That would cost money and no-one buys papers any more, they all want stuff for free, on-line.

Why should I know you mate? I've only ever seen your posts on here and you still live in Newbury by the looks of things. Stick to what you know Kirk. Perth's just fine mate. Weather really improving now, 34 degrees today, glorious weekend to look forward to and it's not even summer yet.:cool:

Archived