189 Visa Grant Delay

mickeyteg

Hi Perthing, Thanks for the support, i really felt worse this morning after receiving the email , I'm really annoyed that they are willing to reject my application just based on a contact information, I have already front loaded a lot of documents to prove my claim, payslips, tax certificates, even the email the i am using is the corporate one. I now also took the opportunity to submit a secondary contact person to support my claim, hopefully three times a charm..

Thanks for everyone's support, i know that seeing some progress on other application gives me the same feeling that we will finish this endeavor within "His time"..

:wink:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any update?

Nothing for me..:nah:

Nothing for me as well, Instead I am surprised that even my employers are not contacted nor my agent nor me.. Don't know what's happening. Really worried now. Too much pressure to handle this situations. :wacko:

Does anyone in this forum got their grant after 5 to 6 months even after no contact from CO with employer / Agent / Yourself...? if that's the case then I can still be positive. :-) Please share if anyone has the same experience. Thanks.

Hi Target, Your case is quite different from mine, I have had quite a few contacts with the CO and my agents, though they seem to be maximizing the three months after every occurrence.. I do believe you should need to ask some one in DIBP or your agent about the status.

Btw, any other update from our batchmates...

Btw, any other update from our batchmates...

There is only negligible update from my side. The DIBP replied to my inquiry with standard manner. It took them more than 6 weeks to reply (29 March to 12 Feb 2015)

"Further to your email below, I wish to advise that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection recognises that the time taken to process your application may be causing you and your family concern.

We are seeking to process your application as soon as possible. You will appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation. This often includes requirements that all applicants undertake and meet health, character and national security checks that are undertaken by other agencies, which can take some time.

The timing for completion of the checks varies from one case to another depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application.

You can be assured that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection staff will do all they can to ensure that your application is finalised as quickly as possible."

Any update to others?

none so far..it has been almost 8 months since we lodged our visa application and 1.5 months since replying to the notice of intent to refuse base on character grounds. seems like no one has heard how long VACCU takes to process/address such cases

hoping for the best, preparing ofr the worst :)

ANy Update on this list, progress would be nice to know.

kkwaiting - April 2015

binoyski - July 22, 2015 , Waiting for 3rd call attempt to confirm employment.

RK9999 - August 4, 2015

Adele - August 5, 2015

Umair Rafiq - August 14, 2015

Perthling - August 17, 2015/ October 2 (Form 80, 1221, medical for husband)/ October 22/ no grant yet

Mobari - August 26, 2015

Saacor - September 22, 2015

kkwaiting - April 2015

binoyski - July 22, 2015 , Waiting for 3rd call attempt to confirm employment.

RK9999 - August 4, 2015

Adele - August 5, 2015

Umair Rafiq - August 14, 2015

Perthling - August 17, 2015/ October 2 (Form 80, 1221, medical for husband)/ October 22/ no grant yet

Mobari - August 26, 2015

Saacor - September 22, 2015

Mechpriest - App 12-Nov, 2015; PCC / medical done by 22Dec15; grant awaited

Dear members,

I intend to phone the concerned CO to inquire status of my case, i have already sent 3 emails (8 feb, 5 mar & 18 April)for status query.

Should I go for telephone inquiry? What number should I dial for query (for overseas call)?

Please advise!!

Thanks

I applied for 189 in November 2015, I submitted form 80 in Dec 2015. Visa grant is still awaited, my question is:

I am planning to visit some foreign country in May 2016 for two weeks, do i need to inform DIBP about my foreign visit? If yes, how? do i have to fill in Form 1022?

Please advise!!

Regards

Mechy

Anyone got a grant?

hi saacor, no news on the grant for us. however i sent an email to VACCU last monday asking for an update (after two months of submitting our documents) and a case officer replied that my husband's case has progressed and documents are now being prepared to be reviewed by the delegate. hopefully we will have an update in the next few months and we can finally plan for the future. how about your case?:)

This forum is awesome, i stumbled upon this since i am in the same boat waiting for a result on 189 visa. I completed all the documents and medicals and was uploaded on 25th Jan,2016. 2 week ago my agent emailed DIBP to ask for a status, since it was almost 3 months, and they said it is going through background check. I am not sure how long do they take. Seems like everyone is averaging around 5-7 months processing for 189.

Hi Guys, I need some help, does any one know a migration lawyer, my application has been refused due to the fact that they did not consider my work experience outside Australia, bec they were not able to confirm the contact info provided, even though i have submitted HRD letters, payslips and tax certificates covering the past 6 yrs of employent, thus i was not able to meet the points requirement. My agent advised me just to file again, but i would like to explore possible options if this can still be overturned since i deem the CO reason as very shallow, I am still working in this company at the moment, and already going on my 9th year as an expat, i have no idea why they cant reach any of the number that i have given, i inquired with the persons and they informed me that they have not received such calls.

hi binoyski, so sorry to hear your news. have you seen the refusal letter? As far as I know if the application is refused and the applicant is offshore there is no appeal rights. Even if there is a possibility of an appeal, it could cost you $$$$. I already inquired with our migration agent should our case be refused, he quoted $4500 for his services and another $1800 just to apply for an appeal to the Tribunal. It will probably take such a long time too :/

Your agent might be right to just apply again. Don't claim points for work experience and just compensate with excellent IELTS or PTE score. Your skills assessment will be valid for a number of years, and I'm sure your a remarkable professional, you deserve this don't lose hope :)

• 1 month later...

any update guys?

just realized my husband and i had crossed the 300 day mark (10 months) since applying for the 189 visa on august 2015. still patiently waiting though. i had emailed VACCU on the first week of May and they replied that my husband's records will be passed on to the delegate so he/she could decide on my husband's criminal history. hopefully we will hear some news after july 1 when the next financial year starts.

hi empathy, did the cse officer say/hint why your case has taken this long?..

hi perthling,

28-Oct-2015: 1st call

asked my timeline and passport number

• "your application is under what we call routine checks"

• "so far we are satisfied of what you have provided"

• "every visa application has to undergo routine checks"

• "they are internal"

• "sometimes these checks may take a number of days, number of weeks and at times few months before we take an application to the next stage"

12-Jan-2016: 2nd call

asked my timeline and passport number

• "the case is undergoing some processing"

• "try to be patient"

• "it is just the matter of waiting"

• "...we will let you know"

29-Mar-2016: reply to my email (I sent it on 12-Feb-2016)

Further to your email below, I wish to advise that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection recognises that the time taken to process your application may be causing you and your family concern.

We are seeking to process your application as soon as possible. You will appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation. This often includes requirements that all applicants undertake and meet health, character and national security checks that are undertaken by other agencies, which can take some time.

The timing for completion of the checks varies from one case to another depending on individual circumstances. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application.

You can be assured that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection staff will do all they can to ensure that your application is finalised as quickly as possible.

Archived