hjd

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you so much CaptainC!

Hiii.. yes I totally forgot to mention about 190 EOI. The reason making me want to skip this is because I'm not so interested in living in Sydney where it's so expensive and hard to find job. I thought that once I am given 190 visa I will be obliged to live in Sydney or NSW for 2 years and it's too long for me.

But you just shed the light on the issue. Can I ask how come people get visa 190 and still can work or live in other state? Isn't it illegal? Is there any fine for that broken commitment?

Btw, one person suggested me to apply for state nomination's approval in next 10 days . Then approval will take 25-30 days. Next, once I get the approval , I will have 60 days time. By the time , I might get 189. It's only waste of 300 bucks if I get invite in 189. I'm not so sure about this suggestion because of lack of knowledge.

But I think I will follow your advice as 190 doesn't obey the rule of rounds or so; thus, I'm not sure if I might be invited by any state in future.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to your reply. :)

I would act now if I were you, time is not on your side due to the upcoming birthday. Don't miss this opportunity.

Hi there we applied for Mechanical Tech and we submited mid August? How long do you think we may be waiting?? Also will we lose points if we havent got an invite prior to my husband turning 40??

Hey Captain any idea if we may be lucky next round? APplied August 2015 with 60 points? Mechanical Tech

I applied as a chef around the 12th of sept and captain c guessed I would get an invite either end of October or more likely beginning of November. I have 60 points... Obviously if you have more points then ignore what I just said.

I applied as a chef around the 12th of sept and captain c guessed I would get an invite either end of October or more likely beginning of November. I have 60 points... Obviously if you have more points then ignore what I just said.

Thank you for your reply, even I have 60 points so finger crossed waiting for 23rd oct or 6 th Nov then if you get invited please notify me please

To give you an idea I submitted our EOI on the 30th of July and still haven't received an invite, the September 7ty round cut off date was the 27ty of July but the first round in October hasn't been released but it'll the cut off must have been prior to the 30th as I didn't get an invite. When the invites were monthly there used to be around 1000 invites of 60 points and 1200 of over 60 points so if that trend continues that would mean there should be a low amount of over 60 point invites in the next round and nearly all 60 pointers but it's all guess work and impossible to know

To give you an idea I submitted our EOI on the 30th of July and still haven't received an invite, the September 7ty round cut off date was the 27ty of July but the first round in October hasn't been released but it'll the cut off must have been prior to the 30th as I didn't get an invite. When the invites were monthly there used to be around 1000 invites of 60 points and 1200 of over 60 points so if that trend continues that would mean there should be a low amount of over 60 point invites in the next round and nearly all 60 pointers but it's all guess work and impossible to know

Completely agree with Skyba here. With the switch to fortnightly recently it has had a fairly big knock on effect with the EOI's that were already in the system.

To make it even more difficult, the data from the last round hasn't been released yet, and I think it will only be a guessing game until the next round. And maybe even the one after that before the backlog is cleared.

I like the part where you say nearly all 60 pointers may get an invite. Haha

Have submitted my EOI on the 10/10/2015 for Visa 189 with 65 Points - Engineer. What are the chances of me getting an invitation in this coming round?

I got my invitation once after only a few days following EOI so I'd say your chances are high.

Lol, by that I mean that the quota of people that get invited will all have 60 points lol, not that all the 60 pointers who have submitted will get an invite

Apart from all of the 65+ point applicants that have submitted their EOI's since the last round. They will be invited ahead of all 60 point applicants, regardless of when they applied.

Edited by CaptainC

Apart from all of the 65+ point applicants that have submitted their EOI's since the last round. They will be invited ahead of all 60 point applicants, regardless of when they applied.

Yup. The point I was making is that when it was monthly there were roughly 1000 60 pointers invited and the rest was divided between the over 60 points. Now it's fortnightly logically it would mean that there would be a majority of over 60 point invited in the first round and then a majority of 60 point invites in the second round. What will actually happen though is anyone's guess, I could still be waiting when I get some extra points in May lol

I done my IELTS on 26th Sept but I will haven't received my cert. I called them up and they said they sent it and now I have to wait until Friday before they will send out a new one. I know my results from online but I don't know my Test Report Form number.

According to the Aussies I need either my Test Report Form (TRF) or test registration number. I have a registration number from when I registered for the exam, and it's a 15 digit number. When I called the test centre they said that the registration number required by the Aussies is likely the 15 digit number I received when I registered, so that is what I put on my EOI.

My question is whether they will invite me with this registration number? I can then include my TRF once I receive it.

I done my IELTS on 26th Sept but I will haven't received my cert. I called them up and they said they sent it and now I have to wait until Friday before they will send out a new one. I know my results from online but I don't know my Test Report Form number.

According to the Aussies I need either my Test Report Form (TRF) or test registration number. I have a registration number from when I registered for the exam, and it's a 15 digit number. When I called the test centre they said that the registration number required by the Aussies is likely the 15 digit number I received when I registered, so that is what I put on my EOI.

My question is whether they will invite me with this registration number? I can then include my TRF once I receive it.

They will invite to regardless it's then up to you to prove what you have claimed points for when they send you the invite so if you have the certificate back by that time then you'll be fine.

This is what you need to give for EOI:

Date of test

TRN

scores in each of four components

Language ability (this could be automated)

Good luck