October 2015 EOI's

hjd

I now have 75 points (I'll add it to my profile footer once I figure out how!) and I have my skills assessed for Telecommunication Engineer - 263311

Honestly didn't think I'd get all 9's; studied for a week with the official book and listened to a few podcasts. The sample papers really helped!

(Hope it's ok for an Irish lad to join the poms forum - I did live in London for 6 years :cute:)

WELCOME :) For your signature go to 'Settings' top right, then scroll down to 'Settings' on the left, then click on 'Edit Signature' and away you go....

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Captain C,

I have submitted my EOI on 27th Sept with 65pts for 189 Systems Analyst - 261112.

how long it takes to get the invitation.. Any Guess..

Probably no chance of an invite in the near future. Ask again in January, hopefully I'll have more data to go on.

i personally felt i would of had a invite by now, we did submit at the beginning of aug's and for solid plasterer which isnt a popular trade..:mad:

Hi Steven,

Occupation has nothing to do with it unless you're an accountant, a systems analyst or a software programmer.

It's only based on points for your occupation.

Others with higher points haven't been invited who were earlier than you on their EOI's. Don't worry, your time will come within the next month or so.

I'm also an Accountant with 70 points. Submitted EOI last August 24. I've been waiting all day for an invite but nothing came. I am seriously worried. :(

Seems to be a large backlog of accountants due to the External/Internal Auditors reaching their ceiling on the last round.

Get in touch in about 7 days and I'll take a look at the data and may be able to give you a better idea.

I submitted my EOI through an agent, is there a way to track the application without checking through my agent always?

Have you got your skill select login details? The status will show if it's been approved or not.

To be honest, I don't know if it's something they should or shouldn't provide you with. We haven't used an agent so I'm not sure what would be expected of them. I wouldn't be afraid to ask them though....it's what you're paying for!

Unfortunately I do not, is this something that my agent should/can provide me with?

Not for the invitation, but when your agent completes the application for you then you can obtain a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) from the agent and set up your own IMMIACCOUNT and you'll be able to follow the progress.

Although to be honest the immiaccount doesn't give a great deal of information other than that you have applied, been asked for more info, or had the application finalised.

Hi CaptainC,

My EOI was submitted on 21 September (60 points). Do you think I might get an invite before 9 December? I'm a bit anxious at the moment as losing 5 points due to my age on that date.

--------------

Social Worker - 272511

IELTS L/R/S/W 7/7/7/7.5

Skill Assessment: 18/9/2015

EOI: 21/9/2015

visa 189 - 60 points

Invitation - awaited

Hi CaptainC,

My EOI was submitted on 21 September (60 points). Do you think I might get an invite before 9 December? I'm a bit anxious at the moment as losing 5 points due to my age on that date.

--------------

Social Worker - 272511

IELTS L/R/S/W 7/7/7/7.5

visa 189 - 60 points

Invitation - awaited

I think that it's a bit of a 50/50. Normally I'd expect an invite for you late November, but there's a bit of a backlog at the moment.

Get in touch again next Friday and I'll have a better idea.

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to find out whether anybody who has lodged an EOI under 489 with 65 points under 221111(Accountant) received an invitation this October or during previous invitation sessions. I have lodged my EOI on the 27th of September and just like to what are the chance of getting an invitation and how long is the wait?

Thanks !!

Forget that.....I now see you're in Toronto.

Hi CaptainC,

My EOI was submitted on 13 OCtober (60 points). when Do you think I might get an invite?

--------------

Developer programmer

IELTS L/R/S/W 6/6/6.5/6.5

Skill Assessment: 30/07/2015

EOI: 13/10/2015

claming patner skills 5 points

visa 189 - 60 points

visa 190-65 points

Invitation - awaited

Hi CaptainC,

My EOI was submitted on 13 OCtober (60 points). when Do you think I might get an invite?

--------------

Developer programmer

IELTS L/R/S/W 6/6/6.5/6.5

Skill Assessment: 30/07/2015

EOI: 13/10/2015

claming patner skills 5 points

visa 189 - 60 points

visa 190-65 points

Invitation - awaited

There's a good chance that you'll get an invitation but I suspect that it will be early next year, Jan/Feb

I think that it's a bit of a 50/50. Normally I'd expect an invite for you late November, but there's a bit of a backlog at the moment.

Get in touch again next Friday and I'll have a better idea.

Hi CaptainC,

Surprisingly, I just received an invitation for visa 190 NSW. I heard people said that invitee would have 60 days to apply but in my case it's totally different. In the email, they advise me that I have only 14 days to apply, meaning that the invitation will expire in October 29. I strongly want to get visa 189 but as you know it's so unpredictable to know whether i can get an invite before 9 December when my points will be deducted because of my age. Honestly, I jst have idea of skipping this because even I lose 5 points after 9 December, I still can apply 190 again with new EOI and at that time my points will be 55+5 (state sponsor). What do you think?

Would you please give me some advises related to whether I should grasp this opportunity or wait for upcoming rounds.

Also, do you know when we can see the 9 October round results?

-----------------------------

Social Worker - 272511

IELTS L/R/S/W 7/7/7/7.5

Visa 189 - 60 points

Visa 190 - 65 points (any states)

Invitation - awaited

Edited by Positive2015

Hi CaptainC,

Surprisingly, I just received an invitation for visa 190 NSW. I heard people said that invitee would have 60 days to apply but in my case it's totally different. In the email, they advise me that I have only 14 days to apply, meaning that the invitation will expire in October 29. I strongly want to get visa 189 but as you know it's so unpredictable to know whether i can get an invite before 9 December when my points will be deducted because of my age.

Would you please give me some advises related to whether I should grasp this opportunity or wait for upcoming rounds.

Also, do you know when we can see the 9 October round results?

-----------------------------

Social Worker - 272511

IELTS L/R/S/W 7/7/7/7.5

Visa 189 - 60 points

Visa 190 - 65 points (any states)

Invitation - awaited

Oh you didn't mention that you'd submitted a 190 EOI. The invitation round dates only deal with 189 and 489 visas. 190 invitations can come at any time.

My advice because time is tight for you is to take the opportunity now. The 190 visa is essentially the same as a 189. There is only a 'moral' obligation to live in the sponsoring state, it will not affect your visa in any way if you choose to live elsewhere.

Right and what some people do is they inform the authority which issued an invitation for 190 visa that they can't find work and ask if it's ok to move to another state.

No. You don't need to tell anyone or ask permission. It's a permanent residency visa with no restrictions.

Live wherever you want.

Any registered migration agent will tell you the same.

Edited by CaptainC

No. You don't need to tell anyone or ask permission. It's a permanent residency visa with no restrictions.

Live wherever you want.

Any registered migration agent will tell you the same.

I guess they just wanted to be on the safe side :-)

Thank you so much CaptainC!

Hiii.. yes I totally forgot to mention about 190 EOI. The reason making me want to skip this is because I'm not so interested in living in Sydney where it's so expensive and hard to find job. I thought that once I am given 190 visa I will be obliged to live in Sydney or NSW for 2 years and it's too long for me.

But you just shed the light on the issue. Can I ask how come people get visa 190 and still can work or live in other state? Isn't it illegal? Is there any fine for that broken commitment?

Btw, one person suggested me to apply for state nomination's approval in next 10 days . Then approval will take 25-30 days. Next, once I get the approval , I will have 60 days time. By the time , I might get 189. It's only waste of 300 bucks if I get invite in 189. I'm not so sure about this suggestion because of lack of knowledge.

But I think I will follow your advice as 190 doesn't obey the rule of rounds or so; thus, I'm not sure if I might be invited by any state in future.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to your reply. :)