Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

Hello guys!

I just logged in but been checking the thread for the past several months. Thank you for the useful information you provide regularly here!

I already obtained sea time letters and started filling up AMSA419 form for the initial assessment . I have only one question about it - I have experience on oil tankers and intend to sail on them in the future, so do I need to apply for endorsements as well along with the recognition of my COC and the GMDSS certificate?

It might me a stupid question but I do not want to incur delays on my application because of simple mistakes.

Your COR is a document amsa gives based on your existing COC..

ON your coc it's not endorsed it's only fit to sail on tankers...

So your other dc and chemical endorsements are invalid. ...

GMDSS you will have to pay for because it's a part of your COC...

Still better I would email amsa with my exact query and phone them and confirm the same...

Best regards

Nick

Edited by Dazken Amac

Your COR is a document amsa gives based on your existing COC..

ON your coc it's not endorsed it's only fit to sail on tankers...

So your other dc and chemical endorsements are invalid. ...

GMDSS you will have to pay for because it's a part of your COC...

Still better I would email amsa with my exact query and phone them and confirm the same...

Best regards

Nick

Thank you!

Guest Manimakkar

Hi all

I just came across this thread by accident and found it to be extremely valuable for seafarers like me who intend to migrate. So I have 2 questions -

1) has anyone here actually obtained a PCC from MI. If yes how?

2) how to get BSC Nautical technology degree issues by University of Mumbai assessed.

Many thanks in advance

Hi all

I just came across this thread by accident and found it to be extremely valuable for seafarers like me who intend to migrate. So I have 2 questions -

1) has anyone here actually obtained a PCC from MI. If yes how?

2) how to get BSC Nautical technology degree issues by University of Mumbai assessed.

Many thanks in advance

Hey!

I got my BS Nautical Technology assessed from VETASSESS and received a positive outcome 2 days back.

It is a fairly quick process. You shouldn't face any problems with that.

Hey!

I got my BS Nautical Technology assessed from VETASSESS and received a positive outcome 2 days back.

It is a fairly quick process. You shouldn't face any problems with that.

HI,

Could you please tell me how I can assess my BSC Maritime Studies & MBA HR degree from VETASSESS.Can I claim 5 extra points for my higher education along with COC Class 1 deck.

Thank You

Went through this thread, thank you so much for very valuable information regarding booking of orals and medicals. I am a chief engineer and planning to sit for orals in a couple of months. Does anyone have list of topics/questions that I should prepare for the exam? Any info regarding this will help. Thanks in advance!!

Hi I'm a 3rd mate from india and have been wanting to migrate to australia....the questions I have are as follows..

1. Will my.Bsc nautical. Science degree from india count in the points table?

2.can someone pls.send across the oral study material for ship s officer 2nd mate orals

3.all my.certificates are STCW 2010...would I be needed to undertake any other courses

4.Do I need PCC from the flag state of my company as I read couple of people having faced with the problem.

5.if I'm not getting points for seatime is there a requirement of minimum 12 months out of 24? Cause I have around 10 months as a 3rd mate after clearing my 2nd mate exams.

6.how's the job situation there as I plan to go for mates in australia after getting the PR.

Wow! this thread has been slowly growing more and more. I have just managed to get my Masters out of the way, do you guys think it is still worth going for my COR? Or is it still likely that if I was to move now I would be driving a taxi?

Just in case the question comes up again I have a UK COC.

Edited by Peter Ash
mistake

Hi I'm a 3rd mate from india and have been wanting to migrate to australia....the questions I have are as follows..

1. Will my.Bsc nautical. Science degree from india count in the points table?

2.can someone pls.send across the oral study material for ship s officer 2nd mate orals

3.all my.certificates are STCW 2010...would I be needed to undertake any other courses

4.Do I need PCC from the flag state of my company as I read couple of people having faced with the problem.

5.if I'm not getting points for seatime is there a requirement of minimum 12 months out of 24? Cause I have around 10 months as a 3rd mate after clearing my 2nd mate exams.

6.how's the job situation there as I plan to go for mates in australia after getting the PR.

Hi Varunkriz,

Your questions have mostly been asked before, please do us the courtesy of reading or searching through the thread initially. If you really are keen on this, you will need to show some independent thinking.

Wow! this thread has been slowly growing more and more. I have just managed to get my Masters out of the way, do you guys think it is still worth going for my COR? Or is it still likely that if I was to move now I would be driving a taxi?

Just in case the question comes up again I have a UK COC.

Things aren't good at the moment, the union is working hard to close the door and it is entirely possible that the Master/Mates entry route via the SOL or CSOL will no longer exist after July. You can get the visa and then sit on it for 5 years... Things may improve in a few years time.

I personally am working overseas at the moment! Wife is still running her business and living in Australia with the kids.

Hey Captain R, thanks for the update, I am going to see what the score is with my company, they are going to make me pay income tax in Brazil which there is no way around, so I would be as well living in Aus with the Dual tax agreement at least I would maybe be in a better position if the Market does pick up.