Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

Hello all

I have Master's COR oral exam on 29th sept at Sydney. Anybody appearing around same time?

I had appeared in Sydney 2 years back. . All I can tell you is that the surveyor is very reasonable and if you know your stuff shouldn't be much of a hassle getting through

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Guest ThirdMate
Capt JF

Go to this drop box link. there is lot of stuff waiting for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/grpoeyxt4zz59ds/AADHbSoNuTBOUpNIIj-dRmQwa?dl=0

Hello Sir,

Thank you for the reply.

I signed off last week and just checked the reply.

I haven't taken the experience letter yet. I hope they also consider the cadetship time.

Presently I am preparing for PTE. Should be able to take the exam later this month.

I called up Melbourne office yesterday and confirmed whether the oral bookings can be done on the phone.

Can you please confirm if there is any other form that needs to be filled. I was going through the webiste, it looks like there were a few revisions made in July. (Eg. Form : AMSA 418)

Also,

Can you please tell about what to wear on the day of oral examination?

Can you recommend as to which center should I apply to? Considering the possibility to clear the exam earlier?

Thanks

Guest ThirdMate

Good Day to all,

I've been following this thread. As far as I understand, the current market situation is very bad.

Is it possible that I can get admission in on of the business schools after I get my PR?

I have a total sea going time of 28 months (14 months cadetship + 14 months as OOW) and also I have graduate degree in B.S. Nautical Technology from BITS Pilani, India.

• 4 weeks later...

Good day all,

I have recently joined this forum.

I have applied for australian PR visa 189 in feb 2016(still waiting for grant)

I did my medical and PCC in Jan 2016(which will expire in Jan 2017).

I will be joining ship in november 2016, on 4 months contract(sign off in march 2017)

If i get a grant when i am onboard a ship,

Will it be possible to request for extension to IED(initial entry date)..?(which generally coincides with medical/PCC)

Please help me with a solution to this.

I am just praying for a grant before i join ship.

the PCC details you can get from the australia immigration website. I had done panama, liberia, hong kong and bahamas flag. I applied exactly the way the website guided me and all the PCC were either posted home or sent to the Australian authority.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Char

With respect to payslips if you have been filing your taxes you will have a document showing that. if not you can prove it from your bank statements.

Also ask them to give you the statutory declaration form fro good moral character for filling and fill it in so that you dont have to runaround at the last minute for your PCC.

Good day sir,

sir can u please confirm were u able to obtain a liberian PCC, if yes , can u send me the procedure..

Good day all,

I will be joining ship in november 2016, on 4 months contract(sign off in march 2017)

Will it be possible to request for extension to IED(initial entry date)..?(which generally coincides with medical/PCC)

If you are talking of the visa grant it won't be an issue. . U have 6 months from the day they issue the letter until u first enter Australia

Good day all,

I also received the grant letter when I was sailing but I then extended my contract and then signed off stayed at home for 1 month and then came here in july

Hello Sir,

I was going through your posts in this thread.

You mentioned that you were able to get your MSc assessed by Vetassess.

I have a bachelors - B.S. Nautical Technology.

Will AMSA be able to assess it or will I have to apply to Vetassess?

Though Vetassess is not the assessing authority for our profession, how were you able to get it assessed?

Thanks

All you master mariners who are planning to come to oz. ...

Please bear in mind that the job market here is totally in recession. ...

So don't expect to get a job over night or even within 6 months. ...

My advice would be once you have filed your final papers and are awaiting the visa. ... do a test trip to Australia preferably on WHV VISA put forward yourself, apply for jobs, live here, and then decide on your move. ...

As your visa is in progress keep applying for jobs... For you and your better half...

Also please get your better half's skills assessed as well. .. She may have a better chance of a job than you and even if she secures a job at least half the burden is lifted...

Best regards

Nick

[h=3]What if I have been working on a ship?[/h]If you have spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years working for the same employer on a merchant ship, cruise ship, private yacht or oil rig, you should request a police certificate from the relevant authority in the country under whose flag the ship sails, or country of ownership of the rig.

You will also need to provide a letter or statement of good conduct from the ship’s captain or company attesting to your character. The letter should include the vessel’s name, the job you had while on the ship or rig and the start and finish dates of employment.

How to obtain Police Clearance Certificate. Thank You