Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

Capt. R & Peter Ash,

If I may ask,which kind of boats are you on in offshore ?

I Am on an Ultra Deep Water Pipe Laying Support Vessels, We do Flexible Pipe J-Lay, ROV and some light subsea Installation, Prior to this I worked on Seismic Survey.

Brgds

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Its a very disturbing situation in Australia.

No jobs for seafarers at the moment.

I'm returning back to my previous employer overseas, because there's no option and I'm running out of my funds.

Probably all will be well in the future, but now its a worse situation here.

All the best to all.

Hi all,

Its a very disturbing situation in Australia.

No jobs for seafarers at the moment.

I'm returning back to my previous employer overseas, because there's no option and I'm running out of my funds.

Probably all will be well in the future, but now its a worse situation here.

All the best to all.

Unfortunate, but yes it seems work has all but dried up here. I have been made redundant by my employer and am looking at what to do next, which may involve leaving Australia sadly.

Seeking Urgent advise

My company is refusing to give me seatime letter as per the AMSA format. They insist on using their own format which is slightly different from AMSA. Also the letter will be addressed to MMD India.

Will this work or should i insist on the specified format.

Guest Unregistered
Seeking Urgent advise

My company is refusing to give me seatime letter as per the AMSA format. They insist on using their own format which is slightly different from AMSA. Also the letter will be addressed to MMD India.

If you are unable to obtain a letter in the prescribed form, submit the letter that you have. One of the company I sailed with also refused to issue me a letter as per AMSA requirement. So submitted the letter that I had.

I got my assessment letter without any problem.

Hope it works out for you too.

Hello Captain R,

This is my first post in the group.

I will be appearing for my Master COR orals @ Fremantle on 2nd August.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is appearing around the same time.

Welcome to the forum, study hard and good luck with everything.

Seeking Urgent advise

Okay, it depends on how different it is. Being addressed to MMD India probably won't be an issue, but the information that AMSA stipulate (any format is fine) is important and of course you will need a letter for DIBP eventually too and its better to get one letter that covers both. I would keep insisting on the correct format, perhaps even draft the letter in microsoft word so that they all they have to do is import it into their template letter head and sign it (this is what I did). If they refuse, you can only try with the letter they issue and hopefully all will be fine.

Good Day Mates

I have seen that Our occupations have been flagged off in July 2016 SOL. Does that means these occupations will be removed from from next SOL?

It is possible. The unions are working incredibly hard to remove the occupation from the list, quite understandable in the current market due to the sheer quantity of unemployed seafarers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ThirdMate

Good Day Sir(s),

I am a third mate on a panamax bulk carrier. I have an experience of 15 months at the present rank.

I cleared my competence exams (2MFG) from India and have received the assessment letter from AMSA.

I plan to sit for the oral exams later this year.

Can you please help me with the syllabus and question set relevant CoR - Deck watchkeeper.

I'll be highly obliged.

Thanking you in advance.

I don't know why these poeple are running behind Australian jobs,there are no jobs in Australia ! Despite sincere attempts to make these people understand the present scenario in Australia is far from worse. You will be driving taxis !

Hello,

I will appearing for AMSA oral around end Sep'16 from Melbourne.

My concern is with the medical as I have small kidney stone . Can someone pls advice if they ultrasound your abdomen . Coming to Australia and failing medical could be disastrous .

regards

capt Aman

Hello,

I will appearing for AMSA oral around end Sep'16 from Melbourne.

My concern is with the medical as I have small kidney stone . Can someone pls advice if they ultrasound your abdomen . Coming to Australia and failing medical could be disastrous .

regards

capt Aman

Hi, no ultrasounds for the standard medical. I imagine they wouldn't detect it unless you declared it on the medical form, but either way it shouldn't be a big issue.

Dear Friends,

Good Day,

I have just completed COR Orals for my Master UK COC. also english exam is completed. Can some one please advise me what is the next procedure. Do we have to apply for EOI?

Many thanks

Have you sent off all the forms and got the letter?