Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

If its been more than 2 months you can contact amsa and get to know where your application has reached

Best regards

Nick

Once AMSA has received a complete application and

all requirements are met please allow 3 months for your

application to be assessed.

Source AMSA FORM 12

Hello everyone,

any idea how much time AMSA is taking now to assess our application before getting invited for

orals ? Any recent applicants here ?

Once AMSA has received a complete application and

all requirements are met please allow 3 months for your

application to be assessed.

Source AMSA FORM 12

the PCC details you can get from the australia immigration website. I had done panama, liberia, hong kong and bahamas flag. I applied exactly the way the website guided me and all the PCC were either posted home or sent to the Australian authority.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Char

With respect to payslips if you have been filing your taxes you will have a document showing that. if not you can prove it from your bank statements.

[h=3]What if I have been working on a ship?[/h]If you have spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years working for the same employer on a merchant ship, cruise ship, private yacht or oil rig, you should request a police certificate from the relevant authority in the country under whose flag the ship sails, or country of ownership of the rig.

You will also need to provide a letter or statement of good conduct from the ship’s captain or company attesting to your character. The letter should include the vessel’s name, the job you had while on the ship or rig and the start and finish dates of employment.

HOW TO OBTAIN PANAMA PCC?

Also ask them to give you the statutory declaration form fro good moral character for filling and fill it in so that you dont have to runaround at the last minute for your PCC.

[h=3]What if I have been working on a ship?[/h]If you have spent a cumulative total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years working for the same employer on a merchant ship, cruise ship, private yacht or oil rig, you should request a police certificate from the relevant authority in the country under whose flag the ship sails, or country of ownership of the rig.

You will also need to provide a letter or statement of good conduct from the ship’s captain or company attesting to your character. The letter should include the vessel’s name, the job you had while on the ship or rig and the start and finish dates of employment.

It will be safer to obtain the pcc from all the flags that you have sailed on

Best regards

Nick

Dear All,

Good Day,

As you all know that Shipmaster Occupation is flagged & most likely will be removed from the List.

I am writing to inquire that when you lodge EEOI your status will unchanged even if the occupation is removed from the list or after applying PR.

Thank You

Dear All,

Good Day,

As you all know that Shipmaster Occupation is flagged & most likely will be removed from the List.

I am writing to inquire that when you lodge EEOI your status will unchanged even if the occupation is removed from the list or after applying PR.

Thank You

No, your must have your invite and PR application submitted before July if you want to be on the safe side. The unions are lobbying strongly for the removal of Ship Master from the list, with good reason as in the last 3 years we've gone from having lots of work to 100+ well qualified applicants for every job.

Thank You Nick,

It's really hard to obtain a PCC from Panama/Liberia because they don't have online system,so in this case what you suggest.

There is some history on this thread or the old one. Take some digging through http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/238200-ships-master-ships-officer-marine-pilot-essential-info.html from the start and also the last few pages of http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/144466-ships-master-ships-officer-marine-pilot.html

It'll take a bit of time to read through everything, but if you really are determined and keen I am sure it will be worth it.

There is some history on this thread or the old one. Take some digging through http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/238200-ships-master-ships-officer-marine-pilot-essential-info.html from the start and also the last few pages of http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/144466-ships-master-ships-officer-marine-pilot.html

It'll take a bit of time to read through everything, but if you really are determined and keen I am sure it will be worth it.

Good Day Capt R!

For Hong Kong and Indian PCC, they need a letter from the immigration dept.

Is there anyway I can contact them?

Do you have some email id with you?

Good Day Capt R!

Sorry I don't. The requirement is a fairly new one, and I applied just before it came into place.

Good Day Capt R!

If you are holding an indian passport your pcc will be done by any police station. .

Wrt Hong Kong when I applied it was only their form some finger prints and a demand draft. ..

You can call up Hong Kong and ask them. ..

Best regards

Nick

Good Day Capt R!

Jasjeet, the case officer will provide you letters after you have made your 189 application, which you will have to provide to relevant authorities when applying for the PCC.

The HKG & Indian officials will not entertain any request without the above letters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, your must have your invite and PR application submitted before July if you want to be on the safe side. The unions are lobbying strongly for the removal of Ship Master from the list, with good reason as in the last 3 years we've gone from having lots of work to 100+ well qualified applicants for every job.

Thank You for the Information

I am at the first stage only awaiting AMSA assessment for Oral.

Jasjeet, the case officer will provide you letters after you have made your 189 application, which you will have to provide to relevant authorities when applying for the PCC.

The HKG & Indian officials will not entertain any request without the above letters.

Thank you sir!

Any idea about how much time HKG and Indian PCC takes to come?

Also, I've sailed for 4.5 months on Panama and 6 months on Marshall Islands flagged vessels. Hope PCC for these are not necessary..

Jasjeet

Thank you sir!

Any idea about how much time HKG and Indian PCC takes to come?

Also, I've sailed for 4.5 months on Panama and 6 months on Marshall Islands flagged vessels. Hope PCC for these are not necessary..

Jasjeet

I got my Indian PCC from Singapore , got it in 3-4 days. HKG takes 28+ days, all communication done by post. And, the HKG PCC will be sent over directly to the CO.

(Only if you have been employed with a company for 12 mths or more , including gaps, where the ships were registered in panama) - I suggest you email the panama consulate and followed up with a phone call. They are very clear on the PCC issuance only to people who have resided in the country. I requested they put the same in writing - email, which I sent to the CO. In case of panama, you could start the process even before the CO requests. Additionally, after you have received a written response, and AFTER you have made you 189 application, prepare a Commonwealth statutory declaration (can be found on the immmi site - Google for it). Remember to sign the declaration only in the presence of an Australian consulate officer.

I got my Indian PCC from Singapore , got it in 3-4 days. HKG takes 28+ days, all communication done by post. And, the HKG PCC will be sent over directly to the CO.

(Only if you have been employed with a company for 12 mths or more , including gaps, where the ships were registered in panama) - I suggest you email the panama consulate and followed up with a phone call. They are very clear on the PCC issuance only to people who have resided in the country. I requested they put the same in writing - email, which I sent to the CO. In case of panama, you could start the process even before the CO requests. Additionally, after you have received a written response, and AFTER you have made you 189 application, prepare a Commonwealth statutory declaration (can be found on the immmi site - Google for it). Remember to sign the declaration only in the presence of an Australian consulate officer.

Thank you sir!

I work in a management company. They have ships with all sorts of flags.

I guess I'll also check whether Marshall Islands also need a letter..

Thank you sir!

I work in a management company. They have ships with all sorts of flags.

I guess I'll also check whether Marshall Islands also need a letter..

.....only if you have sailed on the company's panama registered ships. Regret my response was misleading.

To avoid delays with your 189 application in the future, anyways approach the consulates for the PCC .

Dear All,

Good day,

I have a question,If the Ship Master profession as expected to be removed from SOL will it still be existing on CSOL.

I am planning to book oral in First week of March but I am not sure whether I will be able to process the EEOI & VISA on time before the profession phased out.

Thank You

Dear All,

Good day,

I have a question,If the Ship Master profession as expected to be removed from SOL will it still be existing on CSOL.

I am planning to book oral in First week of March but I am not sure whether I will be able to process the EEOI & VISA on time before the profession phased out.

Thank You

The unions are determined to have it removed from the SOL and CSOL, I am not so sure this is an entirely wise idea, but I think they have some strong support in Canberra and it wouldn't surprise me if the occupation is removed.

That being said, there is very little work here and a lot of unemployed experienced Mariners (in direct contrast to 3-4 years ago).