Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

Hello 

Anyone have any experience obtaining Singapore PCC ? I mailed the Singapore police department and Marine authority. Both denied saying its issued only for workers residing in their country. Whats the next step ? 

Hi jithos

Firstly preserve all the emails you are sending to the authority. Also try to get a positive reply from them in your favor. last case, get an official reply from them saying that they do no PCC's for non-residents. As you have already done so, just you need to save the emails and submit later when applying. AMSA will later issue a form in lieu of PCC when they have sufficient evidence that you made efforts for getting the same. 

I am also in the same process for CYPRIOT PCC. I do not know whether i would get a PCC for the documents I possess. However, I would have evidence that I applied but did not recieve due to country's laws.

Hi Divy 

Thanks very much for your reply.  I have saved the official email which i received from them with their digital signature. However they are not agreeing to issue any PCC. I just have an email asking them for PCC and they replied saying they do not provide the same as per their law. I hope that would suffice. Did you get PCC from India ? 

Hi sirs . 
Last year i attended deck officer Cor orals in sydney and failed . Now im planning to attempt again  in either brisbane or melbourne .
Which Amsa should i go for . Melbourne or brisbane . Please help .

Thankss

Looking at the posts in this forum, it seems that many have gone to Melbourne in recent times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am going nuts firstly wanted to go to launcheston to study and give orals there but heard from a friend to go to sydney as devonport surveyor for deck is bad and nasty i want to go where can get help and prepare and sit for orlas pls all who have been guide where the surveyor is good and do not take orals just to fail for immigration.

The AMSA site mentions the topics that the examiner should cover for a COR orals,however when you appear for your Orals the surveyor clearly advises you that the oral is going to be a full fledged orals covering all topics as if you were appearing for the first time.

Appearing Orals anywhere in Oz is like appearing orals in India,it is more about the surveyor who is asking the questions.

Go through the Oral questions format and ensure you are well prepared in questions marked A,as any mistake in these questions is a failing question.

All the best. 

• Like 1

Hello farmer 

I'm appearing for chief mates COR on 18th of May. So I can give you a detailed picture of the examination there in Sydney. In order to book for orals just call up the respective office with your seafarer Id and notify your intention and date. They will take credit card payment over phone. It's about 472AUD I remember. For syllabus checklist please google AMSA deck orals. You will get a PDF file. 

On 04/05/2017 at 11:08 AM, AKO said:

Hi everyone

I 'm suppose to conduct oral exam on 30 May in Brisbane foe immigration purpose. 

could someone kindly advise me about the atmosphere of the examination and how can I prepared myself.

is there any special requirement to conduct the exam same as suits,Uniform,,,,,,

and if I passed the exam how long it take for official result from AMSA and what are the next steps.

regard

AKO

Hi AKO,

Yes, I recommend you wear a suit for the exam. The conduct is formal, will take around 1.5 to 2.0 hours and they will go through the exam syllabus logically, generally should be no trick questions but they have to be satisfied that your knowledge is good and consistent. If you've put in the hard work revising broadly and have experiences that you can share then I'm sure you will do well. 

On 25/04/2017 at 1:05 PM, Lali said:

chief mates COC is equivalent to advanced diploma as well 

Can I just chip in here for the sake of clarity that neither a Masters CoC or a Chief Mates CoC is equivalent to an Advanced Diploma. It is just classed on the points test as 'Any other qualification; You can receive 10 points for any other qualification or award which is recognised as suitable for your nominated occupation in your skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority.'

On 04/05/2017 at 0:25 PM, RPS said:

Everyone wants a "silver spoon" lunch & a free beer. Doesn't take much time to read through.

Thanks for posting this. It's a good reminder to anyone wanting to migrate that there is no easy way or short cuts, you have to put in the hard work and study as much as you can on a variety of subjects. In Australia you will be expected to be a strong, independent and self motivated person and to be truthful if you aren't that kind of person than the adventure and challenge of migrating may not the best way forward for you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jikku Abraham said:

Hi sirs . 

Last year i attended deck officer Cor orals in sydney and failed . Now im planning to attempt again  in either brisbane or melbourne .

Which Amsa should i go for . Melbourne or brisbane . Please help .

Thankss

Jikku,
 The exams are supposed to be consistent regardless of the examining centre that you attend and a selection of examinations are audited by senior examiners from Canberra. The areas which you were weak on in your previous examination will be passed on to whichever examining centre that you attend and you will questioned on those items again. Whilst there may be an isolated examiner who is slightly more strict around the country, generally you will find the exam fairly similar wherever you go. 

• Like 2

Good day,

I want to apply EOI but wife is pregnant have following queries.

Should I apply alone and add them later. Or should wait for invitation and CO to advise.

What due to hold for medicals occupation removed from list does it effect.

Thank you.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, msgill said:

Good day,

I want to apply EOI but wife is pregnant have following queries.

Should I apply alone and add them later. Or should wait for invitation and CO to advise.

What due to hold for medicals occupation removed from list does it effect.

Thank you.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Hi msgill, try posting this question as a new thread on this section of the forum: https://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/45-skilled-visas/
 It's not really related to the Ship Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot issues. 

Hi All 

just a quick question. Any one who could give me details of AMSA approved medical centers in INDIA  for my medicals. I will be in India in june 2017 i.e next month. so wish to book the medical. What is the validity of these medicals? I have not started any application now as I need to get documents re-validated. is this possible to get the medical done beforehand? If yes, will it be accepted when I book the orals for COR?

48 minutes ago, Divy said:

Asking about medicals, as I heard from one of the seniors that medicals can be done around the globe as far as the facility is AMSA aproved.

Thanks

NO, i think they only accept medicals done here through sonic health plus. This you can book online through Sonic health Plus site after you have booked your oral, no point in doing before.