❄❅❆the BIG Perth FREEZE❄❅❆❇

simmo

No need, " only " got down to 8c here, now a chilly 17c! It's the East coast that are getting in the next couple of days though.

Yep, that's the problem..if you can call glorious sunny warm days a problem....clear skies and wonderful winter days are paid for by cold clear nights. Small price to pay for being here and getting to enjoy the AMAZING year round climate though...

Established Poms relish the rain when it comes because we know we must make the most of it and the garden looks great and everything smells wonderful.

We love Perth.

Yep, that's the problem..if you can call glorious sunny warm days a problem....clear skies and wonderful winter days are paid for by cold clear nights. Small price to pay for being here and getting to enjoy the AMAZING year round climate though...

Established Poms relish the rain when it comes because we know we must make the most of it and the garden looks great and everything smells wonderful.

We love Perth.

woop woop

woop woop

Indeed! Off to bring in my line dried washing now (no need for expensive tumble driers here) and tend my plants which were grateful for the overnight rain. The dog is basking in the sun already, I might join her. Tough gig here in Perth but some of us have to do it....

Perth is likely to get a light frost so goodness only knows why Simmo dug up a photo of an English summer to go with the article lol.

I just feel sorry for all those poms suffering a bit of decent real summer without the ocean nearby, benefit of cooling sea breezes or their own swimming pool to cool off in. Poor buggers don't even have air con at home. No wonder they all start referring to their 'emergency plan' when the temp goes over 30d! Shame for them.

It's the not knowing that's doing my head in. I mean the Weather is so unpredictable! It's winter and it's cooler/cold at night even, and in Spring it gets warmer, in Summer it's hot and in Autumn it's warm. How the heck are we supposed to plan especially when sometimes it rains probably 20 times a year!

I just feel sorry for all those poms suffering a bit of decent real summer without the ocean nearby, benefit of cooling sea breezes or their own swimming pool to cool off in. Poor buggers don't even have air con at home. No wonder they all start referring to their 'emergency plan' when the temp goes over 30d! Shame for them.

wow.....there goes your halo......so you are "one of us" after all.

To HappyHearts disgust:tongue:

here I am sat out in my backyard...middle of winter...brr:wink:. Just coming up to 9pm at night. Sat lovely and toasty. Got all my candles lit:smile: just chillin..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30470[/ATTACH]

hahaha...have you got a firepit?? You wouldn't catch me out there without one! Ours is great and when you've had a few drinks even better! Looks lovely!

hahaha...have you got a firepit?? You wouldn't catch me out there without one! Ours is great and when you've had a few drinks even better! Looks lovely!

I really want a fire pit:cool:...been looking at a few designs. Wanting to build it into a corner with walled seats around it

Love ours as you know, last week lit the fire and was sat out from 5pm until past 11 ... My friends are posting pics in the UK of fire pits during the summer evenings

Archived